My Device was delivered to DJI a week ago.
1828 15 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teeglove02
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27448 ft
United States

I ordered my drone through DJI Store @ Newegg, it was delivered to me on 3/28/2017. I unboxed it, charged the batteries and then went out for the first flight. I calibrated everything before I tried to fly it. A friend of mine that also has the same model was with me and as soon as the motors began spinning they made an extremely loud whistling noise. It flew but at a hover it was very shakey and very loud. Myfriend that was with me advised me that that is not normal and I should contact DJI. I started a chat with them and Domenique opened the case and said I should recieve a UPS tag within 24-48 hours.  I got the tag within a couple of hours, boxed it up and shipped it 3/29/17. It was delivered 4/4/17 and DJI has not even acknowledged it, I was told it would only take 1-2 weeks and today makes the 2 week mark. I have chatted with reps a few times since last Thursday and all they tell me is that I should receieve an email within 24-48 hours. I have called the 818 number and the wait time is atrocious. I just wanted to fly the thing during my vacation this coming weekend and it doesn't seem like that will happen.
2017-4-11
Use props
Michaeto
New
United States

An email in 24-48 hours is their automated response. It isn't real nor accurate. It is what they tell every caller. I called on the morning of 3/21. They told me the shipping label would be sent. I received and email on the afternoon of 3/22. UPS received it at 5:05pm on 3/22. It arrived at DJI on 3/28 at 12:39pm. On 3/31 I still hadn't heard anything and sent them an email. Later that day they emailed saying they had recieved it on 3/31. REALLY????Where was it for those three days??? They said it would be evaluated in about 1 day. 5 days later I sent them an email without a response. At 6:59pm I got an automated email saying it was approved for replacement for $79. It siad it would be updated in about 1 day after payment was made. I made payment the next morning. Multiple emails were sent in the following days without response. I checked their system again today and it still showed waiting for payment 6 days later. I called the 818 number and the guy checked and said we received payment on 4/5. I told him I kow that as I had called AMEX to confirm. While I was on the phone the system updated to show payment recieved today 4/11. I asked the guy when it would ship. He said they are waiting for them to arrive and then they need to flight test them before shipping. I said when would it ship. He said he was sure it would be soon and then he dropped the dreaded "you should get an email in 24-48 hours" I said"Why do you think I don't believe that?" Nothing but crickets!! He said is there anything else he could do to help. I told him I wasn't aware of anything he had done thus far to help. Agai, just crickets. The reality is they are clueless about customer service. If you think you are going to get a replacement or repair in a reasonable time, the Chinese have an island to sell you.
2017-4-11
Use props
teeglove02
lvl.1
United States

Michaeto Posted at 2017-4-11 12:59
An email in 24-48 hours is their automated response. It isn't real nor accurate. It is what they tell every caller. I called on the morning of 3/21. They told me the shipping label would be sent. I received and email on the afternoon of 3/22. UPS received it at 5:05pm on 3/22. It arrived at DJI on 3/28 at 12:39pm. On 3/31 I still hadn't heard anything and sent them an email. Later that day they emailed saying they had recieved it on 3/31. REALLY????Where was it for those three days??? They said it would be evaluated in about 1 day. 5 days later I sent them an email without a response. At 6:59pm I got an automated email saying it was approved for replacement for $79. It siad it would be updated in about 1 day after payment was made. I made payment the next morning. Multiple emails were sent in the following days without response. I checked their system again today and it still showed waiting for payment 6 days later. I called the 818 number and the guy checked and said we received payment on 4/5. I told him I kow that as I had called AMEX to confirm. While I was on the phone the system updated to show payment recieved today 4/11. I asked the guy when it would ship. He said they are waiting for them to arrive and then they need to flight test them before shipping. I said when would it ship. He said he was sure it would be soon and then he dropped the dreaded "you should get an email in 24-48 hours" I said"Why do you think I don't believe that?" Nothing but crickets!! He said is there anything else he could do to help. I told him I wasn't aware of anything he had done thus far to help. Agai, just crickets. The reality is they are clueless about customer service. If you think you are going to get a replacement or repair in a reasonable time, the Chinese have an island to sell you.

Great.......
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the delay in check in process and the trouble caused by support agents. I’ve informed this case to the management, we will be following up with you as soon as possible.
For support service problem, I've asked the team to look into it, will keep improving to provide you more professional service, appreciate your feedback.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Michaeto Posted at 2017-4-11 12:59

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, it would take a few business days to update the system sometimes, but this is no reason to keep you waiting. We’re aware of your case and working on it now, please sit tight while we’re reviewing it. Thank you for your support, hope we could get it sorted out soon.
2017-4-11
Use props
teeglove02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-11 18:30
I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the delay in check in process and the trouble caused by support agents. I’ve informed this case to the management, we will be following up with you as soon as possible.
For support service problem, I've asked the team to look into it, will keep improving to provide you more professional service, appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your concern Natalia, however the story does not get better. I called the support line last night and after waiting for 45 minutes on hold, I was informed the system was down and someone may call me back last night....... Didn't happen. I am completely at a loss here. The people I have spoken to and chatted with have all been very nice, however they all have no answers to any questions. When I spoke to Carlo last night I asked to speak with a supervisor and he stated one would call me back but it never happened. I just want to be treated fairly and have a product that works as it's designed to.

I work in technical support so I understand how overwhelming the job can be, however the lack in communication, the horror stories I have read online pertaining to the Service Dept makes me feel like DJI will not treat me the same way I treat my customers or even attempt to.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

teeglove02 Posted at 2017-4-12 04:54
Thank you for your concern Natalia, however the story does not get better. I called the support line last night and after waiting for 45 minutes on hold, I was informed the system was down and someone may call me back last night....... Didn't happen. I am completely at a loss here. The people I have spoken to and chatted with have all been very nice, however they all have no answers to any questions. When I spoke to Carlo last night I asked to speak with a supervisor and he stated one would call me back but it never happened. I just want to be treated fairly and have a product that works as it's designed to.

I work in technical support so I understand how overwhelming the job can be, however the lack in communication, the horror stories I have read online pertaining to the Service Dept makes me feel like DJI will not treat me the same way I treat my customers or even attempt to.

I'm sorry if I've missed it somewhere, but could you please provide your case number so I can look into it?
2017-4-12
Use props
teeglove02
lvl.1
United States

Hi Jamie,  thanks for responding. My Case number is; CAS-537815-F4S6Q6
So after my last update I received a phone call from dji, my phone rang twice before I answered it, as soon as I said hello the line went dead. I called the number back and it seems as though it connects to the same dji support number. I pressed the prompts to check the status and of course there were an absurd amount of people before me. I hung up and connected to chat with Arthur after about 15 minutes. I explained to him what was going on and within 10 minutes of chatting with him I received an email stating that my replacement would ship within 24-48 hours. Arthur also said I should be receiving another email from a supervisor in the same time frame so we will see. Also right after my chat started the status changed to item received. Arthur also stated he put in a request to expedite the replacement. Hopefully things begin to move faster and smoother from here.

2017-4-12
Use props
teeglove02
lvl.1
United States

teeglove02 Posted at 2017-4-12 19:23
Hi Jamie,  thanks for responding. My Case number is; CAS-537815-F4S6Q6
So after my last update I received a phone call from dji, my phone rang twice before I answered it, as soon as I said hello the line went dead. I called the number back and it seems as though it connects to the same dji support number. I pressed the prompts to check the status and of course there were an absurd amount of people before me. I hung up and connected to chat with Arthur after about 15 minutes. I explained to him what was going on and within 10 minutes of chatting with him I received an email stating that my replacement would ship within 24-48 hours. Arthur also said I should be receiving another email from a supervisor in the same time frame so we will see. Also right after my chat started the status changed to item received. Arthur also stated he put in a request to expedite the replacement. Hopefully things begin to move faster and smoother from here.

So here is my interaction with DJI today.

@ 3:38 PM I receive an email from support stating that engineers have reviewed my device and have determined that there is nothing wrong with it. They have declined my replacement and will be shipping my original unit back to me. So I call the support number and speak with Gab and at first he tells me that is what is going to happen, I then told him about the email I received yesterday saying that my replacement will be shipped within 24-48 hours. He places me on hold (mute) for 10-15 minutes and then comes back and states that I should disregard the email I received today and that a replacement should still ship within that timeframe. I advised him that I had been told the day prior that someone would reach out to me via email. He stated oh yeah they will. At that point I requested to speak to a supervisor, so Gab places me on hold again for another 10 minutes and then comes on the line and says he is going to transfer me now. So he transfers me to what he described as the "Supervisor Queue" and after about 2 minutes of holding the line goes dead...... So fast forward to 1730 today and I start a chat with "Arthur" I explain to him what has happened since the last time we chatted yesterday evening and he goes on to tell me that it has been declined and there is nothing he can do, they are sending me the original drone back. After 2 hours of back and forth with Arthur about having a supervisor call me back. So finally he asked for my phone number and told me that a supervisor would call me within an hour. That was 1910 eastern, which means that their office closes in 50 minutes so the likelihood of someone calling me back is the equivalent of getting a proper working drone from them the first time. Luckily I have been saving all of the chats the occur between the techs and myself, we're up to 54 pages!!!!!
2017-4-13
Use props
teeglove02
lvl.1
United States

teeglove02 Posted at 2017-4-13 15:28
So here is my interaction with DJI today.

@ 3:38 PM I receive an email from support stating that engineers have reviewed my device and have determined that there is nothing wrong with it. They have declined my replacement and will be shipping my original unit back to me. So I call the support number and speak with Gab and at first he tells me that is what is going to happen, I then told him about the email I received yesterday saying that my replacement will be shipped within 24-48 hours. He places me on hold (mute) for 10-15 minutes and then comes back and states that I should disregard the email I received today and that a replacement should still ship within that timeframe. I advised him that I had been told the day prior that someone would reach out to me via email. He stated oh yeah they will. At that point I requested to speak to a supervisor, so Gab places me on hold again for another 10 minutes and then comes on the line and says he is going to transfer me now. So he transfers me to what he described as the "Supervisor Queue" and after about 2 minutes of holding the line goes dead...... So fast forward to 1730 today and I start a chat with "Arthur" I explain to him what has happened since the last time we chatted yesterday evening and he goes on to tell me that it has been declined and there is nothing he can do, they are sending me the original drone back. After 2 hours of back and forth with Arthur about having a supervisor call me back. So finally he asked for my phone number and told me that a supervisor would call me within an hour. That was 1910 eastern, which means that their office closes in 50 minutes so the likelihood of someone calling me back is the equivalent of getting a proper working drone from them the first time. Luckily I have been saving all of the chats the occur between the techs and myself, we're up to 54 pages!!!!!

And now I can't even view my case. It's gone it doesn't exist anymore.
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

teeglove02 Posted at 2017-4-13 17:16
And now I can't even view my case. It's gone it doesn't exist anymore.

Your case is still there, I checked it in the system.
Our engineers tested the drone you sent in, while they found it performs properly, unable to replicate the problem you reported.
I informed your concern to them again, will check what we can do for you.
2017-4-13
Use props
teeglove02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-13 20:16
Your case is still there, I checked it in the system.
Our engineers tested the drone you sent in, while they found it performs properly, unable to replicate the problem you reported.
I informed your concern to them again, will check what we can do for you.

Thank you Natalia, I see it there now. It now shows a status of "Identification Responsibility" does anyone know what that actually means?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

teeglove02 Posted at 2017-4-17 03:57
Thank you Natalia, I see it there now. It now shows a status of "Identification Responsibility" does anyone know what that actually means?

Your case is under process, I've created a task to the local designated team to speed up it for you.
2017-4-17
Use props
teeglove02
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-17 22:40
Your case is under process, I've created a task to the local designated team to speed up it for you.

Thank you Natalia, your diligence is appreciated.
2017-4-18
Use props
teeglove02
lvl.1
United States

So I received my Phantom today, I was assured Tuesday when Tom called me from a New Jersey number that I was going to receive a brand new Phantom and not a refurb...... I received a REFURB. So I called the New Jersey number back and asked to speak to a supervisor. After about 30 minutes on hold I get to speak to Mareesha (I'm sure I spelled her name wrong). I told her that I want to return the device and just order a pro instead, she told me that I cannot return it but she will contact management about getting me some type of coupon code to purchase the pro. Why can I not return the device now? I've technically only had it for a few hours. It's been in DJI's possession longer than mine.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

teeglove02 Posted at 2017-4-20 08:38
So I received my Phantom today, I was assured Tuesday when Tom called me from a New Jersey number that I was going to receive a brand new Phantom and not a refurb...... I received a REFURB. So I called the New Jersey number back and asked to speak to a supervisor. After about 30 minutes on hold I get to speak to Mareesha (I'm sure I spelled her name wrong). I told her that I want to return the device and just order a pro instead, she told me that I cannot return it but she will contact management about getting me some type of coupon code to purchase the pro. Why can I not return the device now? I've technically only had it for a few hours. It's been in DJI's possession longer than mine.

I've created a task to the local repair team and asked them to look into this case soon, we are deeply sorry for the trouble you've been caused.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules