Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller stayed connected, App disconnected mid-flight question
555 2 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans60330779
New
Flight distance : 21453 ft
United States

Here is my flight log:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/L0UKKIGOU4LM5F3228BO/

Right at the end of the log the app disconected, but I still had connection with controller, but no GPS and RTH wouldn't work. (so I safely landed visually).  It scared the $#% out of me.  Upon reading in to this, it appears some others have had some similiar issues, many with far more unfortunate outcomes.  I noticed I need a firmware update, maybe that will help keep this from happening again?  Let's say it did happen again with the Mavic in still n the air, what would happen if I closed and reopened the DJI app?  Is it possible to reconnect the app when the Mavic is in-flight?  
2017-4-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can run the MP without app as long as you are in LOS. You can even turn off the phone and app and it won't affect the MP.

So always stay in LOS, better be safe than sorry...
2017-4-11
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has happened to me a couple of times....  Let go of the sticks to halt the Mavic and restart the app.  As mentioned, you can fly without the app, but it's much nicer with it
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules