Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera settings: Long exp preview & Video caption
2616 2 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

Hi Guys, Can someone tell me or direct to the relevant thread/tutorial explaining the purpose of Long exposure preview and Video caption in Mavic camera settings? Thanks in advance
2017-4-11
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video Caption records a text-based subtitle file (SRT) that includes items such as Home GPS coordinates, Date, Time, Altitudes -GPS, Barometer, Ultrasonic, ISO, Shutter, EV, F-Stop. (I haven't verified the exact recorded parameters for the Mavic recently). The srt file is named similar to the video recording but has an SRT file extension. To see the subtitle file, you must have a video viewer that supports viewing SRT subtitles such as VLC.

I'm guessing on Long Exposure Preview that when taking a long exposure photo, you may want to see the result to know if you need to change the ISO/Shutter. I believe that Long Exposure Preview flashes a quick preview of the shot on the mobile device screen before returning back to live stream. It appears this feature only provides the preview for Photos as you always see the live-stream video image. When you turned this feature off, the mobile device returns immediately to the live view afte the photo is taken and no longer shows the preview....
2017-4-11
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-11 16:35
Video Caption records a text-based subtitle file (SRT) that includes items such as Home GPS coordinates, Date, Time, Altitudes -GPS, Barometer, Ultrasonic, ISO, Shutter, EV, F-Stop. (I haven't verified the exact recorded parameters for the Mavic recently). The srt file is named similar to the video recording but has an SRT file extension To see the subtitle file, you must have a video viewer that supports viewing SRT subtitles such as VLC.

I'm guessing on Long Exposure Preview that when taking a long exposure photo, you may want to see the result to know if you need to change the ISO/Shutter. I believe that Long Exposure Preview flashes a quick preview on the mobile device screen before returning back to live stream. It appears to only provide the preview for Photos as you see the cache video image. When turned of, the screen seems to return immediately to the live view.

Daroga, Thanks a lot for this detailed walk thru! I really appreciate your help. The fact is on all tutorials (Best camera settings, etc.) posted on Youtube these two options are normally omitted. They just run through them saying it is not important. I'm wondering why DJI still hasn't come up with a detailed section on GO 4 app in all AC manuals using this app.
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules