DJI GO4 4.0.6 ANDROID is out
3573 28 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

The new app is available in the store now.
Regards,
-d
WHAT'S NEW

Mavic Pro
-Added Fixed-Wing Mode.
Editor:
-Added support for tutorials.
-Added support for importing local music.
General:
-Added Find My Drone.
-Added audio recording function when caching video.
-Added warnings for RTH altitude in the One-Tap RTH.
-Added a function to verify your purchase when activating your aircraft.
-Fixed bugs that occasionally set off activation warnings on screen.
-Optimized RTH warning in Flight Restriction Zones.
-Optimized Unlock feature for Authorization Zones.

2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Has "find my drone" feature pretty cool
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

And you can add real music to your track in editor.
2017-4-12
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-4-12 04:37
Has "find my drone" feature pretty cool

How does it work? Can you post some screenshots?
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

geofox784 Posted at 2017-4-12 04:58
How does it work? Can you post some screenshots?

it gives you a GPS map with the last known area and a real time update on your device the closer you get.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-12
Use props
CplMulder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2352 ft
United Kingdom

Samsung S7 DJI Go 4 app is crashing continuously

I have been flying for the last 2 months perfectly and flew on Monday morning without any issues. I received update of DJI Go 4 to ver 4.0.6 last night.... now it will not even open on my phone at all....

I AM NOW VERY annoyed as I am leaving for France in the morning and need my drone to be functional for photography during my holiday!!

Please fix/update DJI Go 4 or give us a way to go back to the old version!! - do you guys even test this before release?? this is a flagship phone not some obscure model!
2017-4-12
Use props
BlackDwarf
lvl.1
Netherlands

The app now loads on a Pixel with 7.1.2 Beta. Haven't yet tested flying with it.
2017-4-12
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

CplMulder Posted at 2017-4-12 05:15
Samsung S7 DJI Go 4 app is crashing continuously

I have been flying for the last 2 months perfectly and flew on Monday morning without any issues. I received update of DJI Go 4 to ver 4.0.6 last night.... now it will not even open on my phone at all....

AFAIK and had learned from other Forum that Samsung S7/S7 Edge are not supported devices anymore.
Please verify w/ DJI to make sure.
2017-4-12
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
United States

Can I use this latest DJO GO 4.07 w/ FW .400 on MP/RC?
I know that I cannot use new feature like fixed wing etc.,just want to know if it's safe and compatible.
2017-4-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

New app works awesome.  Done a couple flights now and the app crash that happened somewhere between 10 and 15 min into a flight every flight is now solved.  I fly the whole battery without a single issue.
2017-4-12
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Sorry if I just missed it, but where did you get this change log for the android version.  Neither the app or the changelog are in the play store for me.
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-4-12 06:13
Sorry if I just missed it, but where did you get this change log for the android version.  Neither the app or the changelog are in the play store for me.

Check again, when I first went I was told to update but everything was the same, I closed the store, opened it back up and there it was.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-12
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

After updating not seeing the fixed wing mode, do we need to wait for an aircraft firmware update to see it?
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

poppylfh-sp Posted at 2017-4-12 07:45
After updating not seeing the fixed wing mode, do we need to wait for an aircraft firmware update to see it?

The firmware update is out and ready read the new manual (v1.6, pg.22) and it will tell you how to enable it.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-12
Use props
PieterS
New
Netherlands

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-12 05:57
I know that I cannot use new feature like fixed wing etc.,just want to know if it's safe and compatible.

I would like to know this as well, since my app automatically updated and I'm still on FW.400 and not sure if I want to update at this moment.
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

PieterS Posted at 2017-4-12 08:40
I would like to know this as well, since my app automatically updated and I'm still on FW.400 and not sure if I want to update at this moment.

Yes, you will not get all of the latest features and you will get pop ups to update but  this new app will work with the older firmware.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-12
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

yes you can.
2017-4-12
Use props
CplMulder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2352 ft
United Kingdom

AFAIK and had learned from other Forum that Samsung S7/S7 Edge are not supported devices anymore.
Please verify w/ DJI to make sure.

Thanks for that bit of info.... that would just be crazy as the S7 and S7 Edge are newish flagship model phones and very popular and common... besides they were supported when I bought my DJI drone so how can they just pull support of a device - especially a very popular and common one!

I will verify with them.... do you have a link to that forum?
Thanks again...
2017-4-12
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Austria

I was really hoping to have the switch to invert the gimbal control!!! I'm really disappointed... I  mean how difficult  can it be to integrate  a simple  software switch that inverts the  gimbal control... please add this ASAP. It's  driving  me  crazy
2017-4-12
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
United States

CplMulder Posted at 2017-4-12 10:33
Thanks for that bit of info.... that would just be crazy as the S7 and S7 Edge are newish flagship model phones and very popular and common... besides they were supported when I bought my DJI drone so how can they just pull support of a device - especially a very popular and common one!

I will verify with them.... do you have a link to that forum?

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/i ... orted-device.13547/

You still need to verify if it's official position of the company!
2017-4-12
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-12 12:39

I'm not sure what the issue is here.  As far as I have seen since mid February, the S7 and S7 edge have never been on the "recommended" list.  
2017-4-12
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-4-12 13:01
I'm not sure what the issue is here.  As far as I have seen since mid February, the S7 and S7 edge have never been on the "recommended" list.

You might not have an issue with this but some folks do.
2017-4-12
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-12 13:22
You might not have an issue with this but some folks do.

No, just the opposite.  My S7 edge has crashed like crazy and I've been vocal about it.  I also have an S5 which is on the recommended list and it has the same crashing issues.  Have not tested on the new GO4 app yet.  All I was saying is that  I didn't understand the thread you posted about the S7 being taken off the list when I never though it was on the list.  Sorry for the confusion.
2017-4-12
Use props
Archon810
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67664 ft
United States

So any screenshots of Find My Drone or the other new features? What does it do that we didn't have before?

Regarding the audio recording - is it using the phone mic and just overlaying the audio on the cache?
2017-4-12
Use props
GrAndAG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6299 ft
Russia

That new "Find My Drone" feature shows my drone somewhere in China, not far from Hong Kong. It looks like it landed on colf field. LOL. Did my Mavic manage to fly there from Europe?
Screenshot_2017-04-13-02-13-21--.png Screenshot_2017-04-13-02-14-10--.png Screenshot_2017-04-13-02-14-36--.jpg Screenshot_2017-04-13-02-15-02--.png
2017-4-12
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-12 12:39

Not anymore

http://www.dji.com/mavic/info?cl ... amp;pm=custom#specs
2017-4-12
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15295 ft
United Kingdom

EastyT Posted at 2017-4-12 13:33
No, just the opposite.  My S7 edge has crashed like crazy and I've been vocal about it.  I also have an S5 which is on the recommended list and it has the same crashing issues.  Have not tested on the new GO4 app yet.  All I was saying is that  I didn't understand the thread you posted about the S7 being taken off the list when I never though it was on the list.  Sorry for the confusion.

The S7 was originally on the compatibility list and what was confusing was DJI had two versions of the compatibility list on the Mavic specs page - one higher up which didn't show the S7 and one lower down that did show the S7.  DJI always quoted the compatibility list that didn't have the S7 and had a few posts from months back that there were problems with the S7 that required Samsung to fix however it seems the S7 has been put back on the compatibility list and the LG V20 appears to have been added as well.  Both compatibility lists on that page are the same now too.

Not that I think the compatibility list is much use, my Note 4 which is on the list is unusable with DJI Go 4 as it crashes every time while my Sony Z Ultra which isn't supported mostly works fine and certainly far better than the Note 4.
2017-4-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

GrAndAG Posted at 2017-4-12 15:39
That new "Find My Drone" feature shows my drone somewhere in China, not far from Hong Kong. It looks like it landed on colf field. LOL. Did my Mavic manage to fly there from Europe?
[view_image] [view_image] [view_image] [view_image]

You're not supposed to fly out of LOS.
2017-4-12
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

JohnMcL7 Posted at 2017-4-12 16:29
The S7 was originally on the compatibility list and what was confusing was DJI had two versions of the compatibility list on the Mavic specs page - one higher up which didn't show the S7 and one lower down that did show the S7.  DJI always quoted the compatibility list that didn't have the S7 and had a few posts from months back that there were problems with the S7 that required Samsung to fix however it seems the S7 has been put back on the compatibility list and the LG V20 appears to have been added as well.  Both compatibility lists on that page are the same now too.

Not that I think the compatibility list is much use, my Note 4 which is on the list is unusable with DJI Go 4 as it crashes every time while my Sony Z Ultra which isn't supported mostly works fine and certainly far better than the Note 4.

Wow, I guess they are more confident that it is going to work.  I sent mine back for repair as DJI couldn't get it to work with the S5.  I stopped talking about the S7 because the standard reply was that it was not on the recommended list.  I find it peculiar that they added it.  I can't wait to get mine back to try.  I had other issues with the camera and figured I'd send it back while they were sorting out the app.  They just acknowledged receipt today so I guess it'll be close to the end of the month before I get it back.  At least now they can't say the S7edge is not on the supported device list.  I find it amusing that the release notes didn't say that they had addressed compatibility issues.
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules