Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware 01.03.0509, April 12th
12Next >
6819 55 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What will it bring us?
Relief or more trouble?

It says:
- Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home and unlocking
- Improved 4K video recording stability

update.jpg
2017-4-12
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

For Android, I suppose?  -OOPS, forget it
2017-4-12
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Any update on Phantom 4 (non Pro)?
2017-4-12
Use props
Paulonsp
First Officer
Flight distance : 5654984 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Caro Litchi Pilots,

As novas atualizações de firmware do DJI para Mavic Pro (v01.03.0600) e Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0509) corrigiram o problema introduzido nas versões anteriores do firmware, o que causaria um comportamento errático em alguns dos modos de vôo do Litchi. Todos os modos de vôo do Litchi são seguros de usar novamente com a versão de firmware mais recente para o Mavic Pro e Phantom 4 Pro. O problema ainda existe no firmware atual para o Inspire 2.

2017-4-12
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.4
United States

Do they have a log of changes for each firmware version somewhere on their website?
2017-4-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-4-12 11:08
Do they have a log of changes for each firmware version somewhere on their website?

They typically don't list every change an update makes, unfortunately.
2017-4-12
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Had this in an e-mail from Litchi today regarding this new firmware:

Dear Litchi Pilots,

The new DJI firmware updates for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0600) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0509) fixed the issue introduced in the previous firmware versions which would cause erratic behavior in some of Litchi's flight modes. All of Litchi's flight modes are safe to use again with the latest firmware version for the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. The issue still exists in the current firmware for the Inspire 2.

The Litchi Team

2017-4-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Installed the new FW using the DJI Assistant 2 software on my Windows PC. It updated without any issues on my P4P, the remote and all of the batteries.   Make sure you update your batteries one at a time after Phantom finished or FW is completed...

So far everything is working fine after one flight in very strong wind gusts.  I believe this has fixed my camera centering issue. My camera was aiming to the left of center (no matter what I did)  now, it seems to be centered again after I did the camera calibration.

Rich
2017-4-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-4-12 11:36
Had this in an e-mail from Litchi today regarding this new firmware:

Dear Litchi Pilots,

Good to know! I need to subscribe to Litchi updates.
2017-4-12
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Anybody can explain what "Improved 4K video recording stability" means?
2017-4-12
Use props
TJH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50830 ft
United States

I'm in the process of updating firmware for the P4P+ and its been running an hour or more with no percentage being completed. Anybody have a clue why it seems to be stuck. Thanks for the reminder on the batteries.
2017-4-12
Use props
SM-17
Captain
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

Did someone test the horizon, weather is too windy to test in here.

Thanks
2017-4-12
Use props
fans5ba4c294
lvl.1

United States

TJH Posted at 2017-4-12 12:44
I'm in the process of updating firmware for the P4P+ and its been running an hour or more with no percentage being completed. Anybody have a clue why it seems to be stuck. Thanks for the reminder on the batteries.

My P4P (no plus) took maybe 8mins to complete the update.
2017-4-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-12 12:00
.. It updated without any issues on my P4P, the remote and all of the batteries.   Make sure you update your batteries one at a time after doing the Phantom was completed ...

Rich et al, this suggests that the P4P update incorporates a battery firmware update also. Can someone confirm this please (the middle two LEDs flash when the battery is receiving an update).

I'm concerned because this may make the batteries incompatible with the P4 firmware (again). This was fixed in the P4 beta firmware provided to testers in January, but this latest P4P update may put the battery firmware out-of-sync again. This is a serious limitation for me, as I then need to maintain some batteries specifically for use in each craft - reducing fly time if I only want to take one of my craft out.
2017-4-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-12 14:23
Rich et al, this suggests that the P4P update incorporates a battery firmware update also. Can someone confirm this please (the middle two LEDs flash when the battery is receiving an update).

I'm concerned because this may make the batteries incompatible with the P4 firmware (again). This was fixed in the P4 beta firmware provided to testers in January, but this latest P4P update may put the battery firmware out-of-sync again. This is a serious limitation for me, as I then need to maintain some batteries specifically for use in each craft - reducing fly time if I only want to take one of my craft out.

Yes, the batteries needed to be updated and the 2 LED's indicated during the update. okay I only have the new P4P high capacity batteries and I do not know if this would be a problem with the P4 drone when interchanged.  I sold my P4 and cannot test this out anymore  .. sorry

Rich
2017-4-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-12 14:54
Yes, the batteries needed to be updated and the 2 LED's indicated during the update. okay I only have the new P4P high capacity batteries and I do not know if this would be a problem with the P4 drone when interchanged.  I sold my P4 and cannot test this out anymore  .. sorry

Rich

OK - thanks for confirming, Rich. I'll upgrade my P4P with one battery (only) tonight, and see if that battery then works in my P4 (with 2.0.0.12 Beta firmware) tonight before committing all my batteries. If I see an 'incompatible firmware' message with the P4, then I'll have to go back to keeping some batteries aside for each of my P4P and P4... sigh.
2017-4-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-12 15:14
OK - thanks for confirming, Rich. I'll upgrade my P4P with one battery (only) tonight, and see if that battery then works in my P4 (with 2.0.0.12 Beta firmware) tonight before committing all my batteries. If I see an 'incompatible firmware' message with the P4, then I'll have to go back to keeping some batteries aside for each of my P4P and P4... sigh.

that's a good idea and make sure you report back your findings for the rest of the members that could have both P4 and P4P drones..  

Rich
2017-4-12
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

My update went very well, about 10 the first time then 3 or 4 minutes for the batteries, flew a test flight afterwards every thing seemed to work. It was too windy to check the horizon.
2017-4-12
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Installed the new FW using the DJI Assistant 2 software on my Windows PC. It updated without any issues on my P4P, the remote and all of the batteries.   Make sure you update your batteries one at a time after Phantom finished or FW is completed...

So far everything is working fine after one flight in very strong wind gusts.  I believe this has fixed my camera centering issue. My camera was aiming to the left of center (no matter what I did)  now, it seems to be centered again after I did the camera calibration.

"Make sure you update your batteries one at a time after Phantom finished or FW is completed..."

I did the update last night - with only one of my two batteries.  Question:  Do I put the second battery into the P4 P and redo the update?

Regards
2017-4-12
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-4-12 23:16
"Make sure you update your batteries one at a time after Phantom finished or FW is completed..."

I did the update last night - with only one of my two batteries.  Question:  Do I put the second battery into the P4 P and redo the update?

I'm interested in this too, as nothing before, during or after the upgrade indicated that I should update my two other   5850 mA batteries...
2017-4-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - you need to update for each battery. When successful updated, return to firmware screen, power the craft down, swap batteries, then when the firmware screen returns, select 'refresh'.

It'll be a lot faster after the first time, as you've already downloaded the update file, and the craft seems to know what components have been installed and accelerates through those.

I suspect each firmware update is a series of modules e.g. gimbal control, battery, sensors, etc. You can tell when it reaches each (gimbal moves, battery starts to blink...)
2017-4-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-12 23:55
I'm interested in this too, as nothing before, during or after the upgrade indicated that I should update my two other   5850 mA batteries...

The craft doesn't know how many batteries you have. But when you power everything up and the app advises 'incompatible firmware' or similar, that's the indication that something isn't up-to-date (and it's typically the battery firmware with that message).
But not every craft firmware will update the battery firmware, so that's why I update the craft always with the battery facing me. If the middle two LEDs come on and one is blinking, I know that I'll need to refresh the firmware with each other battery too.
2017-4-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-12 15:46
that's a good idea and make sure you report back your findings for the rest of the members that could have both P4 and P4P drones..  

Rich

OK. I can confirm that the battery firmware in this latest P4P release is different to the battery firmware in the P4 Beta firmware. i.e. once you've updated your P4P you won't be able to move batteries between each craft again. Of course, if you didn't have access to the P4 Beta, you haven't been able to for a while.

So, if you're running the P4 Beta firmware tested in January on your P4, and you're enjoying being able to cleanly move batteries between it and your P4P - DON'T update your P4P until the next prod firmware is released for the P4, unless the fixes are a compelling reason for you.

I have heard back from the Beta admin, and I'm advised that the P4 firmware will bring them in sync again. Release timeframe for P4 is still 'maybe next week'.
2017-4-13
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-13 00:15
Yes - you need to update for each battery. When successful updated, return to firmware screen, power the craft down, swap batteries, then when the firmware screen returns, select 'refresh'.

It'll be a lot faster after the first time, as you've already downloaded the update file, and the craft seems to know what components have been installed and accelerates through those.

just updated the other two batteries following your instructions (many thanks, BTW !) and it was fast and smooth. (P4P and iPad Air 2) The warning, after starting the App was "inconsistent software" or something like it about some modules, for each battery.
2017-4-13
Use props
Skyclip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just updated. 'Update No-fly zone database on your aircraft required' comes up, tells me to connect the aircraft to my mobile device and press go. But nothing happens. How do I update the No-fly zone database on my aircraft?
Reinstalling GO App didnt help.
2017-4-13
Use props
paukstis91
lvl.1
Lithuania

what do you mean update batteries? how is done that? I just plugged my P4p to the computer and updated my drone, thats all. I have 2 batteries
2017-4-13
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

Rich, took your advice and swapped batteries (I have 2) and there were no actions noted with either. Both just worked fine, although one has over 6 amp hours available. (6,000 mAh).

Thanks for the advice though.
2017-4-13
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Bootspike Posted at 2017-4-13 02:16
Rich, took your advice and swapped batteries (I have 2) and there were no actions noted with either. Both just worked fine, although one has over 6 amp hours available. (6,000 mAh).

Bootspike,

Are your batteries all high capacity ones or a mixture?
I have three batteries, one high capacity (P4P) & two lower capacity (P4). The one in the aircraft update with the P4P firmware & when I swapped out the batteries I got a notification of mis-matched firmware & had to update each low capacity battery in turn. This didn't trigger straight away & had to close DJI GO 4 app & power off aircraft before it popped up for the first of the two batteries. The second one popped up the message as soon as it was inserted.
2017-4-13
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

taurus35 Posted at 2017-4-13 03:06
Bootspike,

Are your batteries all high capacity ones or a mixture?

Both are high capacity batteries. I will swap them in and out tomorrow again to be certain prior to flying.
2017-4-13
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Skyclip Posted at 2017-4-13 01:42
Just updated. 'Update No-fly zone database on your aircraft required' comes up, tells me to connect the aircraft to my mobile device and press go. But nothing happens. How do I update the No-fly zone database on my aircraft?
Reinstalling GO App didnt help.

An update to DGI GO 4 came up yesterday, version 4.0.7. do you have that?
2017-4-13
Use props
Skyclip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-13 05:02
An update to DGI GO 4 came up yesterday, version 4.0.7. do you have that?

Hey Antonio,

i solved the problem with using another device. Somehow it didnt work with my Ipad Pro, but with my Iphone 6.
2017-4-13
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Updated fine via dji go4  iPad Pro
Had to set up various settings including RTH height which had altered to 30 metres, had a 15 minute fly from my back garden on 2.4 and all seemed ok, I didn't get any wind warnings either, horizon tilt was ok, is it advisable to do an IMU and gimbal after a big firmware update ? Or only do it if you have any problems?
2017-4-13
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Denmark

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-4-13 06:53
Updated fine via dji go4  iPad Pro
Had to set up various settings including RTH height which had altered to 30 metres, had a 15 minute fly from my back garden on 2.4 and all seemed ok, I didn't get any wind warnings either, horizon tilt was ok, is it advisable to do an IMU and gimbal after a big firmware update ? Or only do it if you have any problems?

I would say "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"... I would do calibrations only  when requested by the software (except compass calibration, which I do when I fly from a relevantly different location...)
2017-4-13
Use props
Topcats
lvl.1
Flight distance : 751 ft
United Kingdom

I have a K1 shield updated to Nougart and the DJi app crashed constantly in flight,i realise a lot of people had this issue does anybody no if this new update has cured this issue,have been using Litchi with no issues up until now
thanks
2017-4-13
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I had the Phantom connected to DJI Assistant 2 using the cable to my windows 10 based computer. Put the next battery into the P4P and turn it on with the software will have a pop up that one of the modules needs to be updated. Then you tap on the confirm button and the battery will begin to have 2 LEDs flash as it updates.  
It will tell you when the process is complete.

Rich
2017-4-13
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-13 00:49
OK. I can confirm that the battery firmware in this latest P4P release is different to the battery firmware in the P4 Beta firmware. i.e. once you've updated your P4P you won't be able to move batteries between each craft again. Of course, if you didn't have access to the P4 Beta, you haven't been able to for a while.

So, if you're running the P4 Beta firmware tested in January on your P4, and you're enjoying being able to cleanly move batteries between it and your P4P - DON'T update your P4P until the next prod firmware is released for the P4, unless the fixes are a compelling reason for you.

Thank you for reporting back the findings and others that have both the P 4 and P4P will need to hold some batteries back from updating until the new P 4 FW is released.

Everything is working smoothly on my P4P and I hope today the weather is better for some more flying

Rich
2017-4-13
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bootspike Posted at 2017-4-13 02:16

I noticed that the capacity got a bump after the update and most likely will calibrate when you complete some deep cycles on the packs which resets them. Fly the pack down as low as possible then let it run down to about 5-8% and recharge to full. The Intelligent circuit should be reading more accurately after this is done a one or two times.

Rich
2017-4-13
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-13 09:15
I noticed that the capacity got a bump after the update and most likely will calibrate when you complete some deep cycles on the packs which resets them. Fly the pack down as low as possible then let it run down to about 5-8% and recharge to full. The Intelligent circuit should be reading more accurately after this is done a one or two times.

Rich

How much of a bump did you notice?? How is it possible? New algorithm?
2017-4-13
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-13 00:15

Thanks very much!
2017-4-13
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-13 10:08
How much of a bump did you notice?? How is it possible? New algorithm?

This is just a software thing and you really do not have a larger capacity battery. I checked my packs 6020 6026 and 6028
Rich

IMG_0121.PNG
2017-4-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules