Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin tilt drift.
859 3 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lam47
New

United Kingdom

Hey all.
I realize this has likely been answered before but I am struggling to find a straight answer.
Our Ronin has the tilt drift issue and I don't seem to be able to adjust trim to compensate.
Calibration has been performed as well as balancing and all the usual steps.
We are on the lates firmware which I understand could be part of the problem.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, did you notice this after a firmware update or from long term storage? Have you checked your stiffness and deadpan settings? Have you already tried resetting to default in the Gimbal Assistant software to see if it helps?
2017-4-12
Use props
Lam47
New

United Kingdom

Hey. Thanks for the reply.
It has done this since we bought it. I have replaced the external wiring as it was also spinning like crazy if the roll hit near to 90 degrees. Seems the t junction on the roll is rather delicate.
The new cable had a right angle rather than coming straight out of the junction, so it will not get damaged so easily.

Have tried re setting and calibrating yes. We have the tilt trim to -10 which leaves us about 4 degrees off level.
Changing stiffness and deadpan/turning off smoothtrack seems to make no difference.

It's a shame as when the gimbal is turned on it sets to perfectly level. Then the tilt moves after a couple of seconds to not being level. It's odd as the roll is perfect. It sets to 0.002 ish which is amazing.
I'm not sure why the firmware does not think the tilt should default to 0. It always wants to set at an angle of about 13 14 degrees (Without the trim set to -10)

Thanks.
2017-4-13
Use props
Lam47
New

United Kingdom

UPDATE.

Iv'e had a bit of a play with the Ronin today to see if I could fix the issue.
What I did was loosen the two hex nuts on the upright tilt bar that connects to the tilt motor. Moved the bar a few degrees on the motor shaft.
Plugged it into the PC and ran calibration and auto tune. I am at about 0.010 now without having to use trim! So this might have fixed the issue!
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules