Third party apps for Facebook Live streaming with Osmo
2954 3 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eb_user
New
United States

I spoke with support about the poor quality of Facebook Live streams and was giving no hope that this situation would be resolved any time soon. Apparently, it's a problem within the DJU app. I would welcome suggestion of a third party live stream app before returning the Osmo camera. We purchased the camera for live streaming purposes at work.
2017-4-12
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't found any alternate apps yet either. OSMO mobile Facebook Live is very good since you don't even need to use the DJI Go app and your phone is doing all the work. But I'm also curious what the options are if you want to live stream to FB or YouTube with OSMO/+ cameras. I saw the cosmostream.com app mentioned in another thread, but it is basically  $150 vaporware at the moment and who is going to pay that price for an app? If DJIGO could send the video to the phone over Bluetooth, then wifi would be freed up for the live stream uplink (with fallback to cellular).  My wish is that something like FilmicPro will integrate live streaming with support for OSMO and other cameras in the future...
2017-4-12
Use props
eb_user
New
United States

jeffbake Posted at 2017-4-12 08:18
I haven't found any alternate apps yet either. OSMO mobile Facebook Live is very good since you don't even need to use the DJI Go app and your phone is doing all the work. But I'm also curious what the options are if you want to live stream to FB or YouTube with OSMO/+ cameras. I saw the cosmostream.com app mentioned in another thread, but it is basically  $150 vaporware at the moment and who is going to pay that price for an app? If DJIGO could send the video to the phone over Bluetooth, then wifi would be freed up for the live stream uplink (with fallback to cellular).  My wish is that something like FilmicPro will integrate live streaming with support for OSMO and other cameras in the future...

Thanks! I agree that a Bluetooth option to free up wifi seems like it would be ideal. And you are correct, no one wants to spend a rediculous amount of $$ for an app. At the moment, live stream is incredibly choppy as the service bounces in and out. Again, thanks.
2017-4-12
Use props
Tom Mayhall Rastrelli
New

United States

I'm finding the DJI Go app worthless for live streaming on Facebook. I invested in the Osmo+ for work. The live stream is choppy. Also, you can't live stream to a Facebook group, which is what I need to do for work. There's also a quirk that when you select live stream to friends the app changes the setting to private once you start streaming so no one can see the stream. This makes the camera useless. It's been very frustrating.
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules