Slow down Accelration ?
5115 11 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hmsanchez87.gma
lvl.2

United States

I wanted to know if theres a way to actually slow down the Inspire 1. I was trying to shoot some realistate footage today, but it was nearly impossible to get a slow, but smooth 180 Degree shot of the homes I was shooting. Pushing a little bit on the stick moves the Inspire like a bullet. With in a few seconds, I'm 4 houses down the road. Not sure if theres any setting in the Pilot App, or anywhere else, but any help or info would be greatful.

Thanks!
2015-3-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

How about changing the Gimbal Wheel Speed?
2015-3-1
Use props
hmsanchez87.gma
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-2 12:43
How about changing the Gimbal Wheel Speed?

The Gimbal speed isn't the problem. I usually start my shot from left side of the home, and then make my way around the front and onto the right side. Basically flying in a 180 while keeping the camera facing the home. Since the Inspire moves so quickly, I fly right passed the home. The only way I can do the shot is by being 150+ feet away. This maneuver was extremely easy with the Phantom 2, but thats because it was 20X slower then the Inspire.
I saw in a tutorial, there is a setting called Stick Expo Curve, which resides in the RC settings, but it doesn't show up on my app. In this video: , at 27:24, he shows you how it works, but again, I find no option like that on my Pilot App.
2015-3-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

hmsanchez87.gma Posted at 2015-3-2 12:52
The Gimbal speed isn't the problem. I usually start my shot from left side of the home, and then ma ...

You use an iOS device?
You can find the Gain&Expo tuning option at the advanced setting page.
Edit: If you use an Android device, you can find it at RC Control Setting page.
2015-3-1
Use props
hmsanchez87.gma
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-2 12:59
You use an iOS device?
You can find the Gain&Expo tuning option at the advanced setting page.

Yes iOS, so does that option control how the Inspire accelerates and so on? I only ask, because it looks completely different from what was on his screen.
2015-3-1
Use props
hmsanchez87.gma
lvl.2

United States

This is whats on my screen...
IMG_0003.PNG
2015-3-1
Use props
hmsanchez87.gma
lvl.2

United States

And this is whats on the tutorial..... Are these settings the same, just changed in appearance because of the updates?
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 12.03.46 AM.png
2015-3-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

hmsanchez87.gma Posted at 2015-3-2 13:09
And this is whats on the tutorial..... Are these settings the same, just changed in appearance becau ...

I guess yes
2015-3-1
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

So are you say if the Throttle expo curve is reduced, this will slow teh speed of the Inspire aircraft ??
2015-3-2
Use props
hmsanchez87.gma
lvl.2

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-3 03:50
So are you say if the Throttle expo curve is reduced, this will slow teh speed of the Inspire aircra ...

Thats what I'm asking ha ha
2015-3-3
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I would like to know the same answer - Maybe Tahoe Ed or someone can provide some guidance.

I would like to also be able to slow down the sensitivity as hmsanchez was discussing, forward and backward movements are extremely fast and if I could adjust that it would be great. Also once we find the right area to adjust some recommended guidance on safe incremental adjustments would be awesome.
2015-3-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting and concerning issue. I don't want my Inspire moving at the speed of sound. I had a Vision + and hated it and sold it. way to fast response. I almost crashed it several times into trees. I like the speed of my Phantom 2 Vision. It is perfect and very predictable. I don't need   nor do i want to break the sound barrier. That is not enjoyable. i really hope that there is a way to slow down the Inspire if it reacts like a rocket. If it does there will be one for sale before I destroy it. I plan on my first flight in a very large open area with no obstacles to run into. The Phantom Vision is great and very easy to handle.
2015-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules