Found phantom 4 near Eastbourne East Sussex
1504 16 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Markyheff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476886 ft
United Kingdom

I have found a phantom 4 standard on the South Downs now near Eastbourne. if anybody has lost one please provide the serial number and where you lost it. Or contact Eastbourne police and they have it in the lost and found file.its nice to be nice.
2017-4-12
Use props
ramboT3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147352 ft
United States

I think you can contact DJI and they can look up the owner via serial number n you can try and get into contact with them that way.
2017-4-12
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Nice of you to seek out the owner.

Good luck.

How did you happen to find it?

Any information on the SD Card which could give a clue to the owner?
2017-4-12
Use props
Markyheff
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I was out flying my phantom 3 at the time amazingly . Sadly the card was is not reading i have passed it on to a buddy in I.T. you never know i would like to know how it got lost.
2017-4-13
Use props
Markyheff
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A update the police call me today 28days are up no one has claimed it.in the UK this means it is yours but no I have to give it in to be destroyed.
Why you ask because it may have personal information on it. Laptops, mobiles​ are all to be destroyed if reported
Would I report another one to the police..... not sure I would.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Markyheff Posted at 2017-5-15 09:53
A update the police call me today 28days are up no one has claimed it.in the UK this means it is yours but no I have to give it in to be destroyed.
Why you ask because it may have personal information on it. Laptops, mobiles​ are all to be destroyed if reported

Surely they can find owner by contacting dji with serial number, its like just sending an email.
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 10:18
Surely they can find owner by contacting dji with serial number, its like just sending an email.

Without doubt, and a whole bunch more information about you we don't realise they keep.

Just not worth their while to investigate, no crime committed, they're probably thinking we're not a lost and found department, evidence room is full of crashed Phantoms, no room for the drugs.

Would I turn one in? Not to the police, they'll just burn it, but I'd probably ask on here (quietly)
2017-5-15
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-15 10:48
Would I turn one in? Not to the police, they'll just burn it, but I'd probably ask on here (quietly)

If you hand it to the police and is unclaimed after six weeks then you get it back to keep.
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-15 10:58
If you hand it to the police and is unclaimed after six weeks then you get it back to keep.

The guy above says they won't let you keep it because it may contain personal information.

And do you think they really destroy them, more like race them around the car park at lunch time, monthly staff raffle to win a Phantom 4
2017-5-15
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

Markyheff Posted at 2017-5-15 09:53

The information you say the police have given you is incorrect. My advice is just to say 'no thank you' should they call you again. If you would like to toy with them, ask what power they intend to seize or destroy it under. I would just say no thank you though if I were you.

This isn't comparable but gives you an idea of the constraints http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-26979187
2017-5-15
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

I also forgot to mention, although it is only applicable to other people who find property; in the UK there is no requirement to notify the police of found property. You though have to make reasonable steps to locate the owner in order to avoid potential prosecution for 'theft by finding'. In the case of finding a dji drone, advertising the find on a DJI forum would probably be sufficient to satisfy your obligations.
2017-5-15
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

The potential personal information they speak of would be on the SD card you already removed would it not?
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-5-15 15:38
The potential personal information they speak of would be on the SD card you already removed would it not?

They have internal storage of all flights and who knows what else. Makes sense not to hand over digital equipment when you can't be sure everything is wiped off.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-15 10:48
Without doubt, and a whole bunch more information about you we don't realise they keep.

Just not worth their while to investigate, no crime committed, they're probably thinking we're not a lost and found department, evidence room is full of crashed Phantoms, no room for the drugs.

Hi Matt, do I not see the police every month on crimeline trying to find people who have lost they're favourite tea sets or had them stolen, maybe they would give five minutes for the poor drones. Lol
2017-5-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 10:18

DJI do not release that information, it has been tried before.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-15 16:18
DJI do not release that information, it has been tried before.

They don't need to release it , just contact owner and tell him where it is. Although that's good news that they don't release information.
2017-5-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 16:19
They don't need to release it , just contact owner and tell him where it is. Although that's good news that they don't release information.

Sorry, I should make it clearer, DJI do not make any attempt to contact the owner in this situation.
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules