Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Someone was flying...
1234Next >
7242 128 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire_Max
First Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

In Rome and has lost his Mavic?

We found a Mavic that landed or crashed on our balcony near Fontana di Trevi in Rome, Italy.
Battery marks just one light and was found far from the Mavic, maybe it tried a landing but hurt something and the battery was ejected from the battery compartment.
Just a broken prop. Tomorrow I connect to the Mac to find out more infos.
Someone has lost it?
2017-4-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Good for you for posting here -- I'm sure DJI can find its owner via serial number.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can PM your email address along with the serial#  and I can pass that along. And thank you for posting and trying to help find the owner.
2017-4-12
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-12 11:31
Good for you for posting here -- I'm sure DJI can find its owner via serial number.

Yes, but there are some points to be sorted out:

First - is TOTALLY FORBIDDEN flying over Rome and specially, the center of Rome
Second - who was doing, must be reported to the Police and to the ENAC Autority for a legal prosecution
Third - it crashed on a private property
Fourth - you know what happens if a LiPo starts getting on fire and fortunately the battery was ejected without damages to the property

So, would be better for the owner to remain unknown...
2017-4-12
Use props
Jinjur
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Seriously dude.....you post here about some poor (albeit irresponsible) persons drone seemingly looking for the owner.....only to give them an education, tellbus they will have to be reported and advise they should stay anonymous?

I think they might have learned a 1000 quid lesson already buddy.

Don't be that guy

2017-4-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Jinjur Posted at 2017-4-12 12:10
Seriously dude.....you post here about some poor (albeit irresponsible) persons drone seemingly looking for the owner.....only to give them an education, tellbus they will have to be reported and advise they should stay anonymous?

I think they might have learned a 1000 quid lesson already buddy.

I think OP means "unknown to DJI"?
2017-4-12
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.1
Canada

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-4-12 11:45

Think you're being a little harsh!

And don't know about Rome but in many countries having a drone "land" on someone else's property is not illegal..

Operating from, or recovering from private property without owners permission is when trespassing comes in to play.

If your neighbors frisbee went in your yard, did they just commit a crime?

And again don't know about Rome, but many countries drone regulations, if followed to the exact tee, basically outlaws drones in that country (look at Canada). Doesn't mean anyone was flying irresponsibly (as far as putting anything/anyone in distinct imminent danger besides his own drone)..

And has anyone ever heard of a drone battery actually causing the kind of problem you say??
2017-4-12
Use props
Jinjur
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aaaaand.....we are a community.

Need to look out for each other dude
2017-4-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am surprised of this abrupt turn around in the tone of this posting. ... I first thought that it was very nice that you were attempting to find the owner and return the property to them. Now it seems that they would be prosecuted to flying in this area instead. I wonder if they were flying in a area away from the center of Rome and it flew away to this location?  

Sorry this post has turned  out negative after all.   

Ken I would not help this case unless you see otherwise

Rich
2017-4-12
Use props
Danny-B-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Haha i was just about to post to say what an admirable job trying to find its owner.

Lets just go on the fact that the mavic wasnt flying when you found it, so if you happen to find the owner you can perhaps give a little word of advice about flying in rome ... the guy has obviously just dropped it or something ;)

2017-4-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Could of lost signal and flew away? right?

Have you checked for footage?
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-12 12:20
I am surprised of this abrupt turn around in the tone of this posting. ... I first thought that it was very nice that you were attempting to find the owner and return the property to them. Now it seems that they would be prosecuted to flying in this area instead. I wonder if they were flying in a area away from the center of Rome and it flew away to this location?  

Sorry this post has turned  out negative after all.   

Ya, I'm a little confused as well. "must report it to the police" does that mean they've reported and are not happy and want the owner to get into trouble. Or does it mean if they find a drone in that area then they must report it to the police.
Either way, the police can still find the owner if they reported it and have giver the Mavic to them.
2017-4-12
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

For everybody:

here in Italy we have some regulations for flying drones:

you cannot fly over towns UNLESS you're a certified pilot, authorised for "critical operations" which means you have to plan the flight, submit it to the ENAC (US FAA), then you have to guarantee a buffer area in case the drone falls from the sky (so it doesn't hurt people), you have to arrange for a security service, who keeps curious people outside buffer area.
Then, the drone must be fitted with a separate remote main battery switch which allows you to break the power to the drone in case of emergency (ex. fly away) and this switch must be certified by ENAC too!!!
It's not easy...
So, who was flying with this Mavic was OF COURSE making something illegal, because it doesn't have the remote battery switch, and this say that he/she was flying without Italian permits or certification.
Then, when someone finds something, rule is to bring it to the Police and make a report.
Then, Police will look for the owner. No owner found, the thing, after a period, becomes property of the founder. If the owner comes out, found by the Police, he will face a complaint from the Police for illegal flying over town without permit and a restricted area.
It's common for foreign flyers who come in Rome, to fly wherever they want thinking that we have no flying rules.
So, that's it.
I hope you understand how it works in Italy...

Regards
2017-4-12
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

This is the biggest twist I've ever seen, by post number 2 of the OP. I'm like this can't real life. I went from what a nice guy to.... No comment... Who is the is person? The fact that went from who to let put this guy in jail. Jeeez you would think he owed a drone or something ha.

Wow... I'm really blown away over here.
2017-4-12
Use props
BluesDragon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

So then, reading between the lines,  you really don't want the owner to come forward so that the MP"...,becomes the property of the founder".  Therefore you post here in your attempt to find the owner... and then scare him/her off with a threat of "facing a complaint" for allegedly "flying in an unrestricted area without permits"... just to cover your arse and get a free MP?  I hope you understand that's just cold hearted... in any country.
2017-4-12
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-12 13:44
This is the biggest twist I've ever seen, by post number 2 of the OP. I'm like this can't real life. I went from what a nice guy to.... No comment... Who is the is person? The fact that went from who to let put this guy in jail. Jeeez you would think he owed a drone or something ha.

Wow... I'm really blown away over here.

Yeah, right?

Ruthless.
2017-4-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's mine, pm me for return address
2017-4-12
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

BluesDragon Posted at 2017-4-12 13:57
So then, reading between the lines,  you really don't want the owner to come forward so that the MP"...,becomes the property of the founder".  Therefore you post here in your attempt to find the owner... and then scare him/her off with a threat of "facing a complaint" for allegedly "flying in an unrestricted area without permits"... just to cover your arse and get a free MP?  I hope you understand that's just cold hearted... in any country.

I don't need another MP...if the owner comes out will find the MP at the local police station...or the police will find him, whatever comes first...
However he has been lucky that nobody was on the balcony and got hurt by the MP...Nobody was thinking about this point...
2017-4-12
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-4-12 14:12
I don't need another MP...if the owner comes out will find the MP at the local police station...or the police will find him, whatever comes first...
However he has been lucky that nobody was on the balcony and got hurt by the MP...Nobody was thinking about this point...

Then why did you even post here? Leave it to the police and put your plastic badge away.
2017-4-12
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84957 ft
United States

So all in all, what your saying is, Italy sucks....
2017-4-12
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-4-12 13:35
For everybody:

here in Italy we have some regulations for flying drones:

I get it, Italians don't like drones flying around their built by spaghetti sideways buildings - I think everyone is curious of your intent: Are you trying to help the drone owner out by returning the property and providing a little lesson - or are you just on a soap box telling italia laws?

Be a bro - help the guy find his property.
2017-4-12
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84957 ft
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-4-12 15:11
I get it, Italians don't like drones flying around their built by spaghetti sideways buildings - I think everyone is curious of your intent: Are you trying to help the drone owner out by returning the property and providing a little lesson - or are you just on a soap box telling italia laws?

Be a bro - help the guy find his property.

hes already given it to the police lol
2017-4-12
Use props
bigdps
lvl.4
Canada

What I don't like in this story is that we only know one side of the story. What if Joe Dirt, the owner, had his Mavic pro stolen while on vacation and the thief tried to fly it without letting it acquire GPS and whatever else it needs? We have laws in Canada as well and if someone had a drone crashing in my yard, I wouldn't give him out to the police. In all fairness, there was no one was injured but I would tell the owner that this is his lucky day but please , respect the law. If not for you but for your fellow fliers.
2017-4-12
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Inspire_Max Posted at 2017-4-12 14:12

Police will look for the owner. No owner found, the thing, after a period, becomes property of the founder. If the owner comes out, found by the Police, he will face a complaint from the Police for illegal flying

So you're here to gloat over the fact that you found and likely will get to keep someone else's Mavic? It's bad enough that you'd do something like that and worse that you would consider it a good idea to come here and brag about it. You'd better hope that if you ever crash your Inspire that it isn't found by someone like you.

2017-4-12
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Was confused too xd Thought it was a different poster on the second one. Talk about dr. jekll and mr. hyde!

If I was the owner, I would pick it up and say someone stole it. Play the games.
2017-4-12
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

LostMyMavic Posted at 2017-4-12 15:00
So all in all, what your saying is, Italy sucks....

Italy is NOT suck, just this guy.
2017-4-12
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65535 ft
United States

Wow I think this guy is trying to make Italy great again lol but seriously we supposed to be a community and help each other out not wish the worse on people no one is perfect and sometimes we are tempted to do illegal flight just to get an amazing shot. I'm not saying is ok but people learn from their mistakes.
2017-4-12
Use props
Thudd
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Maybe a "reward" sticker would have made him more forgiving.
2017-4-12
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This op has Inspire and Mavic but does not have the heart and so extreme.
Should find the owner, advice him/her what is right and wrong then give the Mavic back.
does he dare to tell people that he has never done anything wrong in his life?
2017-4-12
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Wow.  Never seen someone so heartless.

I guess we know what to do when we find his drones.
2017-4-12
Use props
siix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29242 ft
Singapore

Ha..ha..ha....I found the posting thread hilarous.

Anyway, why can't we live in harmony and peacefully. Be kind to another person and just be nice to everone who need help. One day we also might need their help too.

Cheers.
2017-4-12
Use props
JayaTheCat
lvl.1
United States

People like you are why I will never comply with FAA guidelines.
2017-4-12
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

So it's true what they say about Italians........
Maybe I have te reconsider my holiday plans for Tuscany this summer. C'mon dude. What has the Police to do with this?
2017-4-12
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-12
Use props
Brianboyd1969
lvl.1
Flight distance : 707956 ft
  • >>>
United States

You went from a hero with your fist post to a big Zero with your follow up post.  I am also calling you out in lying to us.   You say you turned it over to the Police but in the bottom of your first post you say "Tomorrow I connect to the mac to find out more infos". If the police have the property how are you going to test it more tomorrow?  Besides the bad Karma you are already getting telling lies will not help you in that department. Just get the guy hisndrone back I am sure he will reward you
2017-4-12
Use props
Jinjur
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hold on....the MP is with the police now?  Wtaf dude. Why come here looking for the owner....seemingly trying to help out only to do this?

Now...i am new here...ok....but from my short time I can see this is a great community.

Stuff like this....is not in the interest of the community. You really should be paying it forwards as you know....some day...the foot could be on the other shoe and would you like someone dangling the carrot of getting your Inspire back only to be schooled on FAA guidelines?

J
2017-4-12
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Get a Life
2017-4-12
Use props
MacPap
lvl.3
Greece

Woe from a good samaritan to an @#$&%*& in only 30 seconds.
Such reactions, when no harm was done, only prove one thing to me.
People have lost their common sense.

Kostas
2017-4-12
Use props
gkordowski
First Officer
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

Guys, please just remember - not Nations are bad, just some people...
And it is a shame that Inspire_Max decided forgot about his "hassle-free" beginning and joined the Dark Side. As someone mentioned - from Hero to Zero...
2017-4-13
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

What a total CREEP!!  Shame on you man!  Italy / Rome...  There is a rule in life sir... it's called the turning wheel!  Be kind and next time someone will be kind to you.  
2017-4-13
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules