Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video dropping / skipping frames?
2187 3 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Just got my second Mavic after the first had an issue with the left side of the image being out of focus. Now on the new unit the right side is out of focus (even more so), the video footage overall seems to looks worse (more watercolor like), and the video seems to be dropping frames. Looks like I am going to have to send it in again and be grounded for another 3 weeks.

Here is an example:

I've tried 4 different video players, and the problem is evident in all of them. Approximately every 3 seconds the frame repeats itself so it appears to pause momentarily. I've tried 1440 at both 24 and 30 fps and 1080.

Anyone else have this problem? I've found various threads that initially look similar but the result is different.
2017-4-12
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Try the video in 2.7K at 30fps (NTFS). VLC plays 4K very well. Which method are you using for focusing. I can't really see any major issues apart from what looks like a white spot on the lens on the right hand side. Try cleaning the lens.
2017-4-12
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-12 21:54
Try the video in 2.7K at 30fps (NTFS). VLC plays 4K very well. Which method are you using for focusing. I can't really see any major issues apart from what looks like a white spot on the lens on the right hand side. Try cleaning the lens.

I've tried 2.7L 30 fps. Same problem. Always done NTFS.

I just center on the focus. The soft edge is much more evident in photos than a compressed video file.

The white spot must have been something temporary. No other videos show it.
2017-4-13
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
United States

Going back to my old videos now from my previous mavic it appears that they are now doing it as well. Must be specific to my device.
Edit: I found it was the result of a color calibration software I installed recently (displaycal).
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules