481 6 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Craig540
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1292339 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]I am planing a flight to my towns Moreno Valley's "M" Landmark. I have been taking images of it from the ground for the city park commissioner at Christmas time for the last 3 years. My question is what kind of interference might i get from these antennas that are up there ?
mmlow.jpg
2017-4-13
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I'd guess alot of interference, do you know what band they are transmitting on? Take your mavic up there but dont fly, place it on the ground near and move away, keep going till you loose signal, it'll be worse case on how far you will get before signal drops
2017-4-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

It's hard to say from just a photo; maybe nothing and maybe something problematic. Personally I'd just try flying towards them slowly and keeping an eye out for interference messages and poor signal strength. If you start getting indications that you're losing the signal then you know that's as close as you can / should go, and you should just turn around and head back.
2017-4-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You can check signal integrity in the Go 4 app without even flying, though, come to think about it, I guess that only tells you about the video signal -- might still be worth taking a look at before you fly.
2017-4-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'' stay away from those towering thing. I would like the right of to the left otf them...Better be safe than sorry1
2017-4-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Likely not a problem at all.  I don't know what sort of shot you are looking for, but staying above the top of the antennas will keep you out of the main beam of the radiation pattern.  Antennas are made to keep the signal as low as possible in most cases, because they are for communication/broadcasting to stations below them.  And then there's the matter of the frequencies used.
2017-4-13
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

I wouldn't be too worried but better safe than sorry. As suggested in a previous post - do put the Mavic down on the ground and walk away - see when you get trouble with the video feed and/or controller connection. And - rather importantly - put the phone in airplane mode - to reduce any extra noise from your own equipment.

Happy flying :-)
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules