Upgrading Inspire 1 not possible - No Image Transmission Signal
2778 8 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maredli
New

Switzerland

Hey guys. I have the following problem: I tried to update my Inspire 1 (Camera: Zenmuse X3). Unfortunately I upgraded my remote controllers first (with the DJI GO app) and after that I wanted to update the aircraft (formatted SD card with the latest firmware and no other files on it). The upgrading process doesn't start and the drone always has a solid blue light on its back and there is no beeping sound. When I checked the SD card afterwards there is also no log or txt file; only the .bin file (v01.10.01.40). Relinking the controller to the drone didn't work either. If I start the master controller on the DJI GO App the error message "No Image Transmission Signal" appears.

I've read somewhere that it is important that the drone is turned off during the upgrade. I think my drone was turned on... And I've also read in this forum that it is important to upgrade the aircraft first. Unfortunately, I've also done this not the correct way. I contacted DJI Technical Support and after troubleshooting (we downgraded the master and slave controllers from 1.7.60 to 1.6.0) they adviced to send it to repair for diagnosis. Before I do that I just want to try it here one last time. Maybe someone knows how to fix it or had similar problems.

Additional Info:
App Version: 3.1.8
Remote Controller 1.6.0

It's really annoying because my drone worked just fine before updating the firmware. I just wanted to get the latest firmware as I bought some new batteries. I bought my drone in 2015 and I have only done one upgrade back then after I got my Inspire.

Does someone know how I can get my drone back in the air? Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
maredli

2017-4-13
Use props
maredli
New

Switzerland

I think I just fixed it. I downgraded the RC back to 1.5.80 and put the drone into travel mode and back to landing mode. The blue light disappeared, camera view came back again and the updating process finally started. I hope this helps if someone has the same problem.
2017-4-14
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

maredli Posted at 2017-4-14 03:16
I think I just fixed it. I downgraded the RC back to 1.5.80 and put the drone into travel mode and back to landing mode. The blue light disappeared, camera view came back again and the updating process finally started. I hope this helps if someone has the same problem.

Glad you were able to figure it out, this is a common problem when updating the RC before the AC.  I have pleaded with DJI to put a warning on the RC transmitter go app display  to inform users they must update the AC before the RC but to no avail.  DJI Jamie is working on it for us so I hope he has success, DJI Jamie and DJI  Ken are good reps and answer most questions posed to the forum unless their hands are tied by Management.
*** Perhaps you found one of my old post on this topic ?  I have helped  ( with othere forum members  as well ) solve this challenge  at least 20 times that I am directly aware of .  Nice of you to post your  process as well as it surely  will help others  in the future.  

cheers

donnie
2017-4-14
Use props
Shaman01
New
Flight distance : 6001 ft
Canada

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-14 04:00
Glad you were able to figure it out, this is a common problem when updating the RC before the AC.  I have pleaded with DJI to put a warning on the RC transmitter go app display  to inform users they must update the AC before the RC but to no avail.  DJI Jamie is working on it for us so I hope he has success, DJI Jamie and DJI  Ken are good reps and answer most questions posed to the forum unless their hands are tied by Management.
*** Perhaps you found one of my old post on this topic ?  I have helped  ( with othere forum members  as well ) solve this challenge  at least 20 times that I am directly aware of .  Nice of you to post your  process as well as it surely  will help others  in the future.  

I'm running my P4 with an Ipad.  how do you downgrade with that? Yesterday my P4 was good and now after about five minutes of flight time i lose my image and get a display of "No Image Transmission".
2017-4-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shaman01 Posted at 2017-4-18 17:05
I'm running my P4 with an Ipad.  how do you downgrade with that? Yesterday my P4 was good and now after about five minutes of flight time i lose my image and get a display of "No Image Transmission".

There are 2 ways to downgrade the FW on the P4. The easy way to do this is using the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC. Select the second one from the last FW version and let it proceed to downgrade your P4. You will only be able to go one version down from the current FW.   Please see the video below to help

2017-4-19
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Shaman01 Posted at 2017-4-18 17:05

Rich. has got you covered on this  one , he knows I dont own the P4.....yet.

donnie

Thanks Rich !
2017-4-20
Use props
Shaman01
New
Flight distance : 6001 ft
Canada

I'm still having troubles with this. I've reset to factory settings on the bird but what needs to be done to the controller if anything?
2017-4-27
Use props
fansaa1e71ba
New
United States

maredli Posted at 2017-4-14 03:16

I have a similar problem.  I wanted to fly after the inspire was in storage for 4 months since Jan 2017 (worked fine then) but when I powered up I got an image transmission signal lost error, but I was able to fly even though I couldn't see the video.  When I got back home I clicked the upgrade on the app for the RC and I haven't been able to control the drone since.  Tried downgrading remote to no avail.  
Question, were you able to put unit in travel mode via the RC, or did you manually turn the screw?
I could use advice, DJI just says send it back....
2017-6-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

fansaa1e71ba Posted at 2017-6-7 18:51
I have a similar problem.  I wanted to fly after the inspire was in storage for 4 months since Jan 2017 (worked fine then) but when I powered up I got an image transmission signal lost error, but I was able to fly even though I couldn't see the video.  When I got back home I clicked the upgrade on the app for the RC and I haven't been able to control the drone since.  Tried downgrading remote to no avail.  
Question, were you able to put unit in travel mode via the RC, or did you manually turn the screw?
I could use advice, DJI just says send it back....

Why can you not rollback the RC ?  You are in the trick bag as you more than likely updated the RC transmitter before the AC and now are stuck in travel mode .  

You must have and Internet connection for the go app device to roll it back, more than likely need to get it back to 1.58 .

What update did you go from and then to ?  Like the RC was at 1.3 and you updated to 1.76 or were you on later Firmware. ( Like 1.58 ? )If you jumped from 1.3 you might not be able to rollback that far .

What happens when you try to rollback .  below is a video in case you dont know how .

So if you can rollback to the previous Firmware , relink the AC to the RC and start over .

You may have another problem with the Video not going live , You may have corrupted the Video module, hard to tell till we get things working again .

donnie  

Let me know
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules