Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Gimbal Roll Control for Dutch Angle?
3774 9 2017-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GraysonWyatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14167 ft
United States

New here! Does anybody know whether it's possible to control the gimbal roll on the Inpsire 2 in order to shoot dutch angles from the air? We do it all the time on the Ronin with the remote, but I can't figure out how to do it on the inspire. Here's an example of the kinds of shots I'd like to get:

Thanks!
2017-4-13
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

The gimbal design is to keep the horizon level and you would like to tilt it from side to side...  You can manually adjust the roll of the gimbal using the C2 and right camera wheel at the same time.  I think this is going to be hard to do, as this was intended to only make fine adjust the gimbal to level... Although you might be able to do this with practice.

Sorry, I cannot think of another answer, but maybe DJI mod could help?

Rich
2017-4-13
Use props
Electro-Nick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

If you have a second RC for operating the camera, then you can make a custom stick configure that allows you to control camera roll with the stick. You're only going to get a few degrees either way tho so you'll probably be better shooting as high res as you can and rolling the footage in post.
2017-4-14
Use props
GraysonWyatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14167 ft
United States

Electro-Nick Posted at 2017-4-14 00:48
If you have a second RC for operating the camera, then you can make a custom stick configure that allows you to control camera roll with the stick. You're only going to get a few degrees either way tho so you'll probably be better shooting as high res as you can and rolling the footage in post.

Super helpful. I'll mess around with it. Assuming you can do it on the ground as easily as in the air.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

GraysonWyatt Posted at 2017-4-14 09:24
Super helpful. I'll mess around with it. Assuming you can do it on the ground as easily as in the air.

When you have a slave RC, yes.
2017-4-14
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wy not do it in the edit?, the resolution of the Inspire 2 is big and good, in the edit you have the control!
2017-4-18
Use props
Runi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-4-18 13:17
Wy not do it in the edit?, the resolution of the Inspire 2 is big and good, in the edit you have the control!

If you are editing in HD its not that bad but if you are editing/outputting in 4K then you might not like to zoom 120% or higher to get the effect.
It´s my opinion that this is best done in camera, if you make both the roll and pan/tilt at the same time you get effects that are much more dynamic than when done in post. You can get this fixed-wing / fighter Jet movement while Panning and tilting. If you are filming downwards you can also make use of this axis for a more artistic movement.
But if you are shooting without a clue of how its going to be used in the edit then maybe your best off not utilizing this option.
I don´t know.. maybe im not making any sense
2017-4-18
Use props
fanse186c04e
First Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Runi Posted at 2017-4-18 14:14
If you are editing in HD its not that bad but if you are editing/outputting in 4K then you might not like to zoom 120% or higher to get the effect.
It´s my opinion that this is best done in camera, if you make both the roll and pan/tilt at the same time you get effects that are much more dynamic than when done in post. You can get this fixed-wing / fighter Jet movement while Panning and tilting. If you are filming downwards you can also make use of this axis for a more artistic movement.
But if you are shooting without a clue of how its going to be used in the edit then maybe your best off not utilizing this option.

let it go
2017-4-23
Use props
JoshWallace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17625 ft
New Zealand

Yeah I'm very keen to figure out how to achieve these DJI Ronin roll effects, with the Zenmuse X7 on an I2. It's a 3 axis gimbal, I'd like the freedom to be able to dutch tilt or roll horizons if I feel like it. Surely it's not that hard to "unlock" this functionality?
2018-3-23
Use props
uasflightops
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1273983 ft
  • >>>

It CAN be done with 2nd controller as slave
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules