1015 13 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf07d8af4
New
Flight distance : 21585 ft
France

Hey Guys,
I´m searching for replacement Propellers for the Drone P3 Std. I can´t find them on Amazon or Dji Store, can you help me?
What´s the name of the propeller from the drone ?  And where I can find the propeller mount for the drone ?

2017-4-14
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Walmart carries the original style/DJI brand props.  
2017-4-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I believe there are two variants ... with slightly different pitch depending on what type of flying you want .... duration or speed.

But of course you cannot mix different pitch ranges ... but as you know you need two CW and two CCW ... or black and silver as DJI call them.

Nigel
2017-4-14
Use props
fans29e0f9d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162884 ft
United States

Got mine at TARGET. $6 pair
2017-4-14
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

fans29e0f9d6 Posted at 2017-4-14 18:31
Got mine at TARGET. $6 pair

That's cheap.................... if they're not genuine, is it worth the risk?
2017-4-14
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-14 06:23
I believe there are two variants ... with slightly different pitch depending on what type of flying you want .... duration or speed.

But of course you cannot mix different pitch ranges ... but as you know you need two CW and two CCW ... or black and silver as DJI call them.

Hi Nigel

Can you tell me what the two variants are please?

I'm after duration rather than speed

Cheers
2017-4-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Actually I cannot link to the two ... its info I got from various online posts where people talked about this. Obviously duration is the slightly less pitch which results in less load when motor changes RPM ... but in all honesty - I cannot see that the difference is going to be significant enough unless you are a throttle to the wall guy ..

Nigel
2017-4-15
Use props
mooki21
New
Flight distance : 8609 ft
United States

https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... om=related_products
2017-4-15
Use props
fans29e0f9d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162884 ft
United States

The $6 at Target are DJI
2017-4-15
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

How often do you guys change your props
2017-4-15
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Your props should last a long time. I like to stick to the DJI ones because some others can be thinner and not perform as well. I'm sure there are others out there just as good but as inexpensive as props are I don't bother with them. IMHO I avoid carbon fiber because if your props come into contact with anything I want them to absorb the force, not the motors. Check them periodically for any damage or anything that would cause an imbalance, other than that you should be fine.
2017-4-15
Use props
John Smith
lvl.2

United States

Knobbynomates Posted at 2017-4-15 00:58
Hi Nigel

Can you tell me what the two variants are please?

The old style props were 9443.

The current props advised for the Phantom 3 series are 9450 props (which is derived from the propeller's specs: 9.4" long and 5.0mm pitch)

Do NOT get the "metal hub" type or or any other 2-piece propellers. If you look at the bottoms of the propellers, you can tell immediately whether they are 100% plastic or not. On ebay, some vendors deliberately do NOT show the bottoms because they would show them to be metal hub props even though they're selling them as P3 props.

Still, for all the bums out there, there are still a LOT of good vendors on ebay selling genuine DJI propellers for excellent prices, and often in sets of 4, 8 or 12. You just have to work at seeking them out.  :-)
2017-4-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

John has prompted my search again ...

The two props are basically 9040 (9043) and 9050.

Same diameter but slight pitch change giving slightly different load characteristics. The difference will be in slight increase of amps demand when throttle in increased to take off ... increase bright / speed. Once you reach desired and not changing throttle - amps demand will remain same on both as the flight controller maintains that situation. The visible difference for us ? Very little as long as you use all 4 of one set and don't mix.

As regards the metal vs plastic inserts - both are inserts and both could in theory separate from the prop. But it is generally accepted that the later plastic are advised. I'm sure there are many out there using metal insert versions !
Hobby King sells genuine versions if interested.

Nigel
2017-4-15
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-4-15 22:43
John has prompted my search again ...

The two props are basically 9040 (9043) and 9050.

Thanks Nigel

(kinda what I thought)
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules