I can get a Matrice 100 with Guidance for $1200 (please advise)
1175 4 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Hey guys.

Sorry to bother you with questions that I just generally don't know and need your help with.

The situation:

The very wealthy man that owns an electronic store next to me has two Matrice 100s.  

He has one that he bought and crashed.   The crashed one looks completely fine actually but it is also the one with Guidance. It has guidance and all 4 sensors connected. I can see a little bit of wear but as you know it's CF so not much to look bad.  

He also has one that he said flies fine and works great (one he said he bought brand new after the crash) and will sell it to me for, wait for it... $1200.

NOW, he gave me the "working" one and the GoApp wouldn't let me even talk to the Matrice without doing the firmware update to the remote. So I did that over the air.

The GoApp sees the bird, it flashes a series of colors over the flight board LED and then does a conttinous yellow flashing.  I called DJI and they went through it with me and just said that it must be someting either broken or just not wired correctly in the bird.

The DJI Assistant (and yes, I am using the correct one with from the 'downloads' page of the Matrice) won't even recognize the Matrice so i can't do the firmware upgrade to the bird from there.  There is no camera for which to put a micro SD card to hard firmware it.

Shoud I buy it?

Any ideas on what I should do to test it?

Please help.

It feels like at $1200, I can't let it go.  The Inspire looking remote still has the decals on it so he's not blowing smoke. Plus, I know how this guys spends his money and buying a Matrice he doesn't need is so something he would do.  Is the Matrice, working or not, worth $1200 for the frame, Guidance (its there, not sure if it works yet).

When I load the GoApp, it recognizes the Matrice, it says activated and knows how far I a from it when I walk around with the remote.  The ONLY LED that lights up is the one near the flight board, fan goes on but I can't even get the motors to rotate (I have the props off).

Any ideas on how to test this? I am not as techy as some of you around here so if you have a suggestion, please let me know.

I am pretty sure the GPS unit he has is set up right because it does set a HP but on it's own and the flashing yellow light flashes greeen for the second it sets the homepoint.  

I SO WANT TO BUY THIS and put a laser on it, PLEASE HELP OB-1, you''re my only hope.

If someone helps me get this thing working and I buy it for $1200, I will not forget if you know what I mean. If you don't, I will let you partake in the fun in owning such a powerful tool if you need it.

It has two bats. One he left dead for a LONG time and it's bloated and against my better judgement, I put it in the charger to see if it wouold even read it it wouldn't so one TB47D bad and the other one had a storage level before I charged it and it charged fine and had about 100% mah so it's a good one.

What say you DJI commercial/professional community?  Please help out a poor old DP who really wants to put a laser on a machine. I figure with a 10-15lb laser, two bats could get at least 20mins of time yeah?

Also, to be clear, there is no camera at all on this unit so without some sort of FPV until I set it up, probably with the X3 if I do the lasser thing, I am flying complete VLOS to the max.  So this is a stripped down model (unless of course you consider the Guidance which is $1000 retail but as we know, Guidance has gone through some changes. As far as I know, this is the first Guidance offered.)
2017-4-14
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

I am not sure if I understand the problems you currently have with that platform. Propably the best to go ahead with DJI support for this.

Regarding the camera: You can use the N1 video encoder and a little FPV camera to save weight.

Regarding the payload: What do you mean with 10-15lb laser? If this means the weight (4.5 - 6.8kg), this would be way to heavy for the M100.
2017-4-14
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

Actually what I'm mostly asking can you help me think of a way to see if this thing works and even if I can't figure it out, is $1200 good?

Thanks!
2017-4-14
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

But yes, you did have the rest rught. I was guessing on the weight of the laser but it can't be that much lighter.
2017-4-14
Use props
cl9988
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9743747 ft
United States

$1200 is an awesome deal.  Every part is replaceable and at that price you will come out WAY ahead than buying a new one.  
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules