First Post: Drone is AWESOME!!!! 1 question for travelling
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thrash_273
lvl.3
Flight distance : 595561 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good Friday to all! DRONE IS AWESOME!!! heheheheh got too excited, quick questions to all drone gurus, when travelling international, aside from my backpack as my main drone storage and additional Li-Po bags for couple of my Phantom 3 battery, do i need to bring some useful documentations aside from my FAA registration which i believe is only honored here in USA?
2017-4-14
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, it depends where you are travelling to. you need to check local drone laws beforehand, to avoid any unpleasant surprises. For example, you can take a drone to Spain, but the laws on where you can fly are very strict - along with the penalties. Same in UK, although not so restricted (yet).

As far as flying with your drone, you must carry lipos in hand luggage (the drone can be checked in if you are willing to risk it being smashed or stolen).
Lipos should be part discharged and protected from shorts. for the avoidance of doubt I put tape over the terminals.

Your FAA registration means nothing outside of USA. If you were to travel to Ireland (republic, not northern) you need to register with the IAA. no registration is currently needed in UK.
2017-4-14
Use props
thrash_273
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

wow- Thanks for that info PaulSouthport. I am going to hand carry my Phantom 3, i m heading to the Philippines. My mission is to get as much aerial photo\video of the islands we are going to visit. So far, no major concerns on there local laws, I am more concern heading out of the country.
2017-4-14
Use props
thrash_273
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-4-17
Use props
keithanim8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

thrash_273 Posted at 2017-4-14 11:26
wow- Thanks for that info PaulSouthport. I am going to hand carry my Phantom 3, i m heading to the Philippines. My mission is to get as much aerial photo\video of the islands we are going to visit. So far, no major concerns on there local laws, I am more concern heading out of the country.

I'll be traveling there soon as well. Can you update me (via DM or reply in this thread) on anything with regards to the backpack as far as going thru airport security and customs are concerned? Like, if they give you any hassles or problems. Hehe. I have the original/first hardshell version of the backpack (for my P4).
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules