Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote controller battery level and safety
746 2 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
betonven
lvl.3
United States

Hey guys, I was always wondering... since the RC battery lasts for super long (compared to the bird's), how often do you charge it? I've seen some safety checklists that suggest the RC always to be at 100% when you go to fly, but isn't it an overkill? I'm guessing that every charge reduces your battery life by one hint. So... is it really that important to charge it after each flight, even when the indicators are all green?

I've read multiple times that this is the case for the bird's battery, and that it might be dangerous to launch it with anything less than a full battery, but what about the RC?
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's better to ensure that it's fully charged as opposed to forgetting about it after several long flights and have the RC battery be too low to continue flying. Like with most electornics, its performance can be reduced or compromised if it doesn't have enough power to function properly. It is a LiPo battery as well, so the general rules of preserving a LiPo can still apply.

2017-4-14
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

As long as you charge it when it is needed then do not charge it for every single flight. For example, charge it when it is at around 50%.
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules