Question on power down
603 5 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5ba4c294
lvl.1

United States

Quick question I know there are a few ways to power the drone down, one being left stick down for 4 seconds. My question is during flight if I do full left stick down for more than the 4 seconds (obviously while still in the air) will it power down mid-flight? Or is there some kind of conditional accelerometer/sensor feedback that prevents powering down midflight?

Thanks
-Isaac
2017-4-14
Use props
kykphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Do not worry, if you keep the left stick fully down for any time, the drone will not power off! Try read the user manual if you want to find how the drone can be powered off in the air, but definitely not only using the left stick.
2017-4-14
Use props
fans5ba4c294
lvl.1

United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-4-14 19:51
Do not worry, if you keep the left stick fully down for any time, the drone will not power off! Try read the user manual if you want to find how the drone can be powered off in the air, but definitely not only using the left stick.

Thanks, for the response I did read how to kill the motors in the event of an emergency but I was just a little leery because I didn't see much on the whole left stick down for 4 seconds other than when landing it stops the motors and I was really not wanting to learn trial by error. I'm not quite used to these fancy bells and whistles drones. Still feeling it out, spent too much to have an oops like that.

Thanks again
2017-4-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I often do full left stick down in locked position from 500m max height. you need to allow a few minutes to bring the bird home from range and height.  This will not shut off your motors when your drone is in flight.

Over 10200 ft altitude at max height.  Get's me above the clouds.

2017-4-14
Use props
fans5ba4c294
lvl.1

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-14 20:33
I often do full left stick down in locked position from 500m max height. you need to allow a few minutes to bring the bird home from range and height.  This will not shut off your motors when your drone is in flight.

Over 10200 ft altitude at max height.  Get's me above the clouds.

Awesome video! That makes me feel a lot better.
2017-4-15
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

That only works when the quad's altitude doesn't change for the 4 seconds you hold down the left stick. if you're not holding it stationary or if it's not on a stationary surface, the quad simply decreases its altitude (flies downward).
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules