Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic ... couple of issues
659 3 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0148f7b0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, New to this so you'll have to bear with me a little...

Just took delivery of our Mavic after a 4 month wait, first impressions were really happy with it and flew it in beginner mode at first.  Noticed however that the Mavic was disconnecting quite often from the RC unit, at only a few hundred meters away which is far less than the advertised amount.  Then had to download a Firmware update by which time it was night time so parked it up for the night..

Following day took it out to our local rugby field as it had more space to fly.  Yet again it was disconnecting at a few hundred yards away.  At one point my son was flying it on the field about 20 meters away and the app froze completely, and the drone flew straight into a post...  It took over an hour for me to be able to use the phone as all its functions got disabled, a samsung galaxy S7edge.
The drone got damaged in the impact though, nose, propeller and forward sensor as far as i can tell.  It will still fly but wanted to know is this normal?

Alos struggling with the zoom as it keeps saying that manual zoom wont work in 4k ??? any ideas please

I have taken out DJI care and also sent an email to support, but am waiting for a reply.
2017-4-15
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The beginner mode only allow you to fly with in short distance.
Your samsung phone is known problem with DJI Go 4 app, search forum for more details.
If you set your video in 4k, you can't zoom. You can zoom if you set video less than 4k.
Yes, email dji care to get help.
Good luck
2017-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As hungdang says your phone may be the problem , I've seen many similar problems around here using same phone, if you can try it on a different phone, regarding zoom yes it doesn't work in 4K .

Also make sure your antennas are correctly positioned, remember flying directly overhead with antennas in the vertical position may cause weak signal.
2017-4-15
Use props
Paul Griff
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you both for your comments, I wasn't aware that the Samsung wasn't compatible when I ordered it or tried it out.  I am now thinking of a tablet in its place, can you recommend the best tablet to use, also a suitable mount for the RC unit please?
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules