First issues with .0600
1683 18 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

[size=14.666666984558105px]Ok, i was really hoping that this update was without issues however today, 2nd flight since updated from .0400, i had issues that never experienced before with the older FW.
[size=14.666666984558105px]First of all after little more than 1km i started receiving low quality video warnings: i didn't give too much importance because the video feedback was smooth and without any kind of interference. These warning appeared each now and then during almost all flight: max distance i was around 3km, all direct LOS over a lake. I can't tell, because i was using an iphone screen, if in any moment the video freezed, but i don't think so. With .0400 FW i flew up to 4,3km and never received any kind of warning. However i have to say that i also flew once more or less same distance with .0600 without warnings too.......

[size=14.666666984558105px]On my way back i tested the fixed wing mode, that by the way is very interesting BUT during the flight i had a problem with the gimball that suddenly acted strangely as you can see in the video:

[size=14.666666984558105px]

[size=14.666666984558105px]I was able to recover normal function of the gimbal after manouvering left and right with the bird without exiting fixed wing: weird. Of course, never had this kind of issue with .0400.
[size=14.666666984558105px]Also video has been cut at a certain point: stopped recording and started again.......i would swear i didn't pause recording at any point.

[size=14.666666984558105px]Seriously thinking to roll back again to .0400 even if i do like the fixed wing mode, but having issues in the middle of the lake did scare me a lot, so maybe doesn't worth it......unless a quick fix from DJI. Might give another chance to FW before downgrade.
[size=14.666666984558105px]Cheers

2017-4-15
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

This is rather strange. Good that the gimbal control came back but it would trouble me a bit as well. Maybe the coding for the fixed wing flight does have a bug there - let's see if the Mods reply here and come up with something.
2017-4-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I am not so sure the issues are due to the fw update. At 1km local factors can cause issues with radio communication.  How many times have you flown there before? At the same time of day?
2017-4-15
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-15 07:45
I am not so sure the issues are due to the fw update. At 1km local factors can cause issues with radio communication.  How many times have you flown there before? At the same time of day?

Never, first time. That said it's a very open area, very few houses and i flew over the lake always LOS.
2017-4-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

bombardier Posted at 2017-4-15 07:51
Never, first time. That said it's a very open area, very few houses and i flew over the lake always LOS.

That *should* be good but I have occasionally encountered interference in places where I wouldn't expect it. And oddly enough during certain hours I have a problem near my house (usually around 7 to 8 AM) that must be caused by something that fires up during just those hours.
2017-4-15
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-15 08:31
That *should* be good but I have occasionally encountered interference in places where I wouldn't expect it. And oddly enough during certain hours I have a problem near my house (usually around 7 to 8 AM) that must be caused by something that fires up during just those hours.

I will test again in a different area, however that might explain the warning messages.....now the gimball gone crazy is something else i would say.
2017-4-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

bombardier Posted at 2017-4-15 08:36
I will test again in a different area, however that might explain the warning messages.....now the gimball gone crazy is something else i would say.

Yeah, I agree.  The Gimbal is likely something else.
2017-4-15
Use props
fans8fbb746d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

I think I had the gimbal behave like that once too, it was gone the next flight and has been working okay since then. My guess was that it got out of whack due to a wind gust. I got a warning about strong winds while being up high. Firmware was .0500.
2017-4-15
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

fans8fbb746d Posted at 2017-4-15 09:38
I think I had the gimbal behave like that once too, it was gone the next flight and has been working okay since then. My guess was that it got out of whack due to a wind gust. I got a warning about strong winds while being up high. Firmware was .0500.

For me it's absolutelly new as i never had any kind of issues before. No wind and no wind warnings in my case today.
2017-4-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-15 08:31

well strange thing is, if we put on our high power microwave for heating things up , it plays holy hell with RC and wifi,   the mocrowave has been tested and cleared for leakage too !  so if many in the neighbourhood are firing up high power microwaves for their breakfast it wouldnt surprise me

2017-4-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-4-15 10:38
well strange thing is, if we put on our high power microwave for heating things up , it plays holy hell with RC and wifi,   the mocrowave has been tested and cleared for leakage too !  so if many in the neighbourhood are firing up high power microwaves for their breakfast it wouldnt surprise me

Not totally surprising since leakage or harmonics from a microwave could easily block or interfere with our frequencies.
2017-4-15
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-15 18:41
I dont recall seeing any boats out on the lake running their microwave.
Hard to imagine there would be any/much interference out over a body of water that size.

2017-4-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

On a more serious note, we've seen several reports of gimbals freaking out in-flight, like fans8fbb746d's experience, and what looks like a calibration routine, but these all predate .0600. I'm wondering if your gimbal tried to recalibrate but was sort of kept in-place by Fixed-Wing Mode? What was the KP rating that day in your part of the world?
2017-4-15
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-15 20:03
On a more serious note, we've seen several reports of gimbals freaking out in-flight, like fans8fbb746d's experience, and what looks like a calibration routine, but these all predate .0600. I'm wondering if your gimbal tried to recalibrate but was sort of kept in-place by Fixed-Wing Mode? What was the KP rating that day in your part of the world?

Might been the gimball trying to calibrate, but still an error: well even worse because does not only ruin your footage but can also harm the gimbal motor.
Can't tell about kp index but i was logged, if not wrong, at 19 satellites, so no magnetic interference i would say.
2017-4-15
Use props
Aerial Gopher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

I had a few odd issues with gimbal "Jump" and I looked at it closely.  Turned out that the bracket that attaches the rubber vibration isolators to the gimbal was bent slightly.  Ie if you look at the gimbal from the front, mine was sitting so that the vertical part of the gimbal arm was tilted as to bring the actual camera closer to that bracket. there was very little clearance, ie 1mm or less.  It only became an issue with quick turns and rapid movements in sport mode.  I believe the gimbal was swinging all around to keep the image level, but because it was so close it bumped it once in a while.
My Fix, I popped off the rubber bands, pulled the gimbal out of the area it hangs in without detaching any wires. Was not fun, those bands were easy to get off, but a B I a T cH to put back on.  While it was off, I put a bit of force to bend that square plate a bit to make it 90 deg to the arm of the gimbal.
This mount did not seem too strong so be careful.

My theory is that while in fixed wing mode its operating the gimbal with different operations ( Ie so it stays tilted on a turn ) and yours might be binding on the same spot.
FYI, I have no Idea how this thing got bent in the first place.  just one day my problem showed up, and after a few flights I looked very close at it.  appeared to work normal, but binded against itself once in a while.

Just look to see if the vertical arm is a perfect 90 deg in relation to the plate and sitting perfectly vertical when you have the MP on a desk.  Mine was leaning the one way which I initially passed off as just the canter leaver effect for the difference in the weight of the arm being off to one side.

But it fixed it, never had that weird twitch.
2017-4-15
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

Aerial Gopher Posted at 2017-4-15 23:50
I had a few odd issues with gimbal "Jump" and I looked at it closely.  Turned out that the bracket that attaches the rubber vibration isolators to the gimbal was bent slightly.  Ie if you look at the gimbal from the front, mine was sitting so that the vertical part of the gimbal arm was tilted as to bring the actual camera closer to that bracket. there was very little clearance, ie 1mm or less.  It only became an issue with quick turns and rapid movements in sport mode.  I believe the gimbal was swinging all around to keep the image level, but because it was so close it bumped it once in a while.
My Fix, I popped off the rubber bands, pulled the gimbal out of the area it hangs in without detaching any wires. Was not fun, those bands were easy to get off, but a B I a T cH to put back on.  While it was off, I put a bit of force to bend that square plate a bit to make it 90 deg to the arm of the gimbal.
This mount did not seem too strong so be careful.

Checked, 90° or just nothing visible at naked eye. Did you have a crash that might be the reason why the bracket was bent?
2017-4-16
Use props
Aerial Gopher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

bombardier Posted at 2017-4-16 00:37
Checked, 90° or just nothing visible at naked eye. Did you have a crash that might be the reason why the bracket was bent?

I did have a little bump in a tree when it was new, but this issue was about 2 months later I seen it was happening. I did not crash it or hit anything a second time.... yet :-)

Might be from being moved around, pressure from something when I set it down, Not sure.  thankfully was a relatively easy fix.
2017-4-16
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

I made another test this morning (just back). Looks like the problem is only in fixed wing and only turning right.....anyway, going back to .0400. I don't want to risk harming the gimbal motor just because i've got the "fixed wing mode" that doesen't work properly anyway.
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules