New Phantom 4 Drone SD Card help
2384 10 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Travisav
New
United States

Did some research and i got a new card thats supposed to work but when i power it on it will not take pics or video.  Up above it says invalid card.

HELP!!!!!
2017-4-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is the card inserted correct way up, contacts should be facing up on the P4. Also have you formatted the card ?

I use the Sandisk ultra series (UHS-I, HC I), and have no problems in recording 4k video. Note that the read speed is usually quoted by the manufacturers (80MB/s in the case of the Ultra), often the write speed is omitted.

A nice write up Here
2017-4-15
Use props
Travisav
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-4-15 06:14
Is the card inserted correct way up, contacts should be facing up on the P4. Also have you formatted the card ?

I use the Sandisk ultra series (UHS-I, HC I), and have no problems in recording 4k video. Note that the read speed is usually quoted by the manufacturers (80MB/s in the case of the Ultra), often the write speed is omitted.

Just went into windows 10 and formatted it.  i think exfat or something like that.

ya the sd card is facing up and slides all the way in.
2017-4-15
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

What card did you get?
2017-4-15
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Travisav Posted at 2017-4-15 18:43
Just went into windows 10 and formatted it.  i think exfat or something like that.

ya the sd card is facing up and slides all the way in.

Now that it's working use the drone to format it.
2017-4-15
Use props
HLew
lvl.2
United States

I use this card. https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-4-15
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347677 ft
United States

There should be no issues using that MicroSD card.
Use the SD Card adapter and plug it into your computer, then format it using exFAT (Note FAT32 is *only* used for MicroSD cards that are 32GB or smaller. Always use exFAT for 64GB MicroSD cards). After it's formatted, insert it into the drone, then use the DJI GO 4 application and format it again. Once finished, you're good to go!
2017-4-16
Use props
Travisav
New
United States

Commodon Posted at 2017-4-16 06:51
There should be no issues using that MicroSD card.
Use the SD Card adapter and plug it into your computer, then format it using exFAT (Note FAT32 is *only* used for MicroSD cards that are 32GB or smaller. Always use exFAT for 64GB MicroSD cards). After it's formatted, insert it into the drone, then use the DJI GO 4 application and format it again. Once finished, you're good to go!

So put the card in the drone and then hook it up to the computer.  go into DJI assistant and i can format it in there?

sorry new to this!!!  

Also Thanks!!!
2017-4-17
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347677 ft
United States

Travisav Posted at 2017-4-17 04:14
So put the card in the drone and then hook it up to the computer.  go into DJI assistant and i can format it in there?

sorry new to this!!!  

No. Take the MicroSD card,, insert it into the SD Card adapter, then insert the adapter into your computer. On the computer, format it using exFAT. Afterward, remove it,, then insert the MicroSD card into the drone.
2017-4-17
Use props
Travisav
New
United States

Commodon Posted at 2017-4-17 08:59
No. Take the MicroSD card,, insert it into the SD Card adapter, then insert the adapter into your computer. On the computer, format it using exFAT. Afterward, remove it,, then insert the MicroSD card into the drone.

K i was afraid of that.   thats what ive done and when i put it back in the drone it doesn't work. says invalid.

its a class 10 mini usb scandisk ultra micros sd XC1
2017-4-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Travisav Posted at 2017-4-21 04:21
K i was afraid of that.   thats what ive done and when i put it back in the drone it doesn't work. says invalid.

its a class 10 mini usb scandisk ultra micros sd XC1

If the card that came with your P4 works, and you've tried formatting new card in aircraft and it doesn't work then it looks like the new card is faulty. Just to be clear, you power all up with sd card in aircraft, tap on the 'aircraft status' bar in DJI Go 4, at the bottom of this menu there is the option to format the card in the aircraft (you may need to drag menu up to see format option). Try that if you haven't already.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules