Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FYI: If you get your Mavic Repaired/Replaced.
514 2 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gateway
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Commerdial Pilots who have registered with the FAA only.. NOT Hobby:

Just a heads up for some people who live in the US, you are required to register your drone with the FAA as either hobby or commercial which costs you a whole $5, which im sure everyone on this form has done
But did you know if you end up getting your Mavic repaired, that at times you might actually end up getting a new one that doesnt have the same serial # anymore?

If so you need to delete your old Mavic from the FAA site and register your new one.. Why ? Well if someone happens to end up with the Mavic you had for some reason they cannot register the Mavic since it is already in your account.  

Also this goes if you happen to sell it or give it to someone else..

Anyhow just a FYI

Btw, I believe this only deals with if you have registered as a commercial pilot!
2017-4-15
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Well, when your drone gets repaired or replaced, you usually get a refurbhised one or the same piece BUT always and always with a different serial #
So, when DJI receives this drone, the first thing they do is "erase" the original serial #
2017-4-15
Use props
Gateway
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-15 13:09
Well, when your drone gets repaired or replaced, you usually get a refurbhised one or the same piece BUT always and always with a different serial #
So, when DJI receives this drone, the first thing they do is "erase" the original serial #

not 100% true.. when I had my I1 fixed, I got the same one back.. but this was just a fyi to anyone flying commercially that has registered with the FAA to delete it so if anyone else who gets your refurbished one that wants to fly commercial can actually register it.
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules