DJI Reseller UK why send to Holland for inspection ?
927 5 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone2621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225292 ft
United Kingdom

I purchased a P4 four months ago from a DJI Reseller in the UK Maplin . I have evidence that shows the AO system failed and as a result the drone is finished. The reseller states it refunds are replaces  faulty products  in the first year . I sent a report to DJI regarding this and they asked for me to send the drone to Holland for inspection . But should I not be going back to the place I bought it from ?  .

As the company has a clear refund policy and I wont accept a reconditioned unit are the same until back after such a heavy crash . A new unit are a refund are all I am interested in below is there return policy. I would prefer to go through a UK based company and have some consumer protections rather than deal with DJI and a workshop in Holland.

"We do our best to make sure everything works perfectly, but if it  doesn’t our Customer Services Team are here to help and can find the  best solution to your problem. All of our products are covered by our  1-year product guarantee as a minimum. This means that if there’s any  problems in the first 12 months (or within any extended guarantee  period) due to no fault of your own we’ll fix it, exchange it or failing  that offer a refund. Your original receipt acts as your guarantee so  please make sure you keep it safe. We don’t cover faults caused by  accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.  

Please note, we do reserve the right to inspect returned goods prior  to an exchange or refund being completed. This includes an assessment  for faulty drones. If we verify a manufacturer’s fault we will repair or  replace (where we are unable to offer a repair of replacement we will  issue a refund). If the fault is not a manufacturer’s fault we offer a  chargeable repair service. Any claim for Goods or the defective  parts should be returned together with proof of purchase and all  complete accessories, instruction manuals and software and, wherever  possible, in the original packaging."

2017-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, it's recommended to send in the aircraft to our service center.
I have checked your case from your forum email. You should have received the shipping label.
After receiving your aircraft, our engineers will help to evaluate your drone.  
Just as mentioned above, if your aircraft is still within warranty period and it's a manufacturing defect, we will take care of it.
2017-4-15
Use props
Drone2621
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-15 23:20
Hi, it's recommended to send in the aircraft to our service center.
I have checked your case from your forum email. You should have received the shipping label.
After receiving your aircraft, our engineers will help to evaluate your drone.  

Thanks for the quick reply , i have the labels will ship it off
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone2621 Posted at 2017-4-16 01:14
Thanks for the quick reply , i have the labels will ship it off

No problem. If you have any further issue, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-16
Use props
Drone2621
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-16 01:47
No problem. If you have any further issue, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

I called Maplin who I got the drone from . They said I should send the drone back to them first and they will look at  it at there repair shop in the UK. And they might  then send it to DJI for  inspection.

I was told if I send it straight to DJI and I get it back and I still have problems with it . Then my warranty with Maplin would be void. Its confusing I paid Maplin for the product and I don't want to lose my warranty with them .
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone2621 Posted at 2017-4-17 12:03
Thanks

I called Maplin who I got the drone from . They said I should send the drone back to them first and they will look at  it at there repair shop in the UK. And they might  then send it to DJI for  inspection.

You can choose to send the drone directly to DJI or via the dealer, then to DJI.  We suggest you send directly to us for better communication. Your drone's warranty is offered by DJI, not the dealer.
So it won't be affected no matter how you decide to send in the drone.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules