I CANNOT GET A GOOD ONE
885 9 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans15bc20e2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30928 ft
United States

The title says it all. I'm on my third mavic and have yet to get a good one. What I mean by a good one is, one with NO GIMBAL ISSUES. My first one came directly from DJI. It got sent back within 2-weeks. The repair/replacement came in a month later. Gimbal issues and was sent back. I got tired of having to wait months to fly a device that I've only had a chance to fly a handful of times. So I went to Best Buy and bought a new one. Hahaha!! Gimbal issues again. This one seems to be the worst one of them all!!
2017-4-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Out of curiosity, specifically what gimbal problems did you have with each one? The same with each aircraft or different ones?
2017-4-16
Use props
fans15bc20e2
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-16 04:52
Out of curiosity, specifically what gimbal problems did you have with each one? The same with each aircraft or different ones?

The first one had sporadic gimbal movements. Like it was trying to calibrate while flying. It also could not hold a horizon line level and blurred right side. The second one would not focus at all or stay level on horizon. You had to constantly adjust the gimbal roll. The newest one, as soon as you started to record, it would go all white, then thick purple lines would come across the screen and it would stop recording on it's on. I've refreshed the latest firmware, calibrated the IMU, calibrated the gimbal, compass calibrated on all three devices repeatedly. I'm at a loss for words about my experience with them. I just want one that works. Speechless
2017-4-16
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

wow that is super annoying hope you get this figured out
2017-4-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went through the same thing in December while trying to buy an issue free phantom 4 pro, after 3 defective units I gave up and got my money back
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We’re deeply sorry about your disappointment.
Could you please provide some screenshots for better assistance?
Did you check the original images from SD card?
2017-4-16
Use props
fans15bc20e2
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-16 19:16
We’re deeply sorry about your disappointment.
Could you please provide some screenshots for better assistance?
Did you check the original images from SD card?

CAS-552482-B6Y8G4 Hey Mindy,this is the case number of the one DJI has now. Yes I pulled the video from the SD card. On this one nothing would focus and the horizon line would not stay stable at all. The one I brought from Best Buy, you can't even begin to record because the screen turns white with purple lines and stops recording on it's on. Could you check my case for me. It was sent 2nd day air and I was wondering if they sent it back that way. This is supposed to be an escalated case.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans15bc20e2 Posted at 2017-4-17 04:52
CAS-552482-B6Y8G4 Hey Mindy,this is the case number of the one DJI has now. Yes I pulled the video from the SD card. On this one nothing would focus and the horizon line would not stay stable at all. The one I brought from Best Buy, you can't even begin to record because the screen turns white with purple lines and stops recording on it's on. Could you check my case for me. It was sent 2nd day air and I was wondering if they sent it back that way. This is supposed to be an escalated case.

Thank you. I have added a note to your case to make sure they upgrade the shipping to 2 day.
2017-4-18
Use props
fans15bc20e2
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-18 00:05
Thank you. I have added a note to your case to make sure they upgrade the shipping to 2 day.

Thank you Mindy!!!  I have to say that even though my experience with buying a DJI product has been crazy, you guys at customer support have been awesome!! I have never had a problem with customer support, just with the product. You guys take a beating everyday but not from me. I have always given you guys great reviews. In my opinion, I don't think DJI was prepared for the mavic and it's issues. You guys are the ones who have to deal with us crazy customers who are in mourning over their lose of mavics!! I know I love mine even though it didn't work properly. I can't wait to get a good one!!! I know there out there somewhere!! lol. But again, thank you for putting up with our crying.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans15bc20e2 Posted at 2017-4-18 04:02
Thank you Mindy!!!  I have to say that even though my experience with buying a DJI product has been crazy, you guys at customer support have been awesome!! I have never had a problem with customer support, just with the product. You guys take a beating everyday but not from me. I have always given you guys great reviews. In my opinion, I don't think DJI was prepared for the mavic and it's issues. You guys are the ones who have to deal with us crazy customers who are in mourning over their lose of mavics!! I know I love mine even though it didn't work properly. I can't wait to get a good one!!! I know there out there somewhere!! lol. But again, thank you for putting up with our crying.

Happy to help.
And thank you for your understanding.
Hope everything goes well and you can enjoy your flight as soon as possible.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules