Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
phantom 4 pro will not fly straight ever
1935 4 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans589cba4b
First Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

no matter ho many times I calibrate compas, imu, remote. when it's flying it always flight slightly off to the side. anyone else having this symptom with the p4p?
even when ascending it seems to slightly pan during the ascend and I cant keep if facing straight.

2017-4-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's your IMU that keeps your aircraft flying straight, unless you have compass problems which I doubt from reading your post, also if your flying at low altitude VPS can have an effect on your aircraft, try testing above 10 meters to see if it's flying straight, if not I would recommend a proper IMU calibration, if it's ok at altitude then your aircraft is ok.
2017-4-16
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

It looks like you have plenty of experience! but one thing that a lot of people frequently forget is from where they tak off?

Are you taking off, from concrete slab, close to metal, cell towers, high voltage power line. Do you have a phone on you, keys etc....

Try a COLD IMU and then AUTO calib gimbal. Good luck!
2017-4-16
Use props
fans24bad126
lvl.3
Flight distance : 710587 ft
United States

Same here.  I've owned 6 Phantom 4 models and they all do it.  I have to steer slightly off to fly a straight path.  I've flown all over the U.S., Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and in rural Michigan where I live.  They all do it.
2017-8-8
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

have you correctly calibrated the sticks?   
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules