What Tablet and Tablet holder would you all recommend?
2272 16 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allupstairs
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am considering a tablet as opposed to my S7 phone, and also a tablet holder....  My eyesight isnt what it used to be, so the text will be easier to read on the tablet I think.  Also a suitable tablet holder, I've seen a couple but wanted other peoples opinion first.

Thanks in advance

2017-4-17
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I use the MINI4 but I still prefer using the phone!
2017-4-17
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

I recomend the Ipad Mini 4 without any tablet holder as it fits into the controler
2017-4-17
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Most people want and use a NVidia Shield.  I am also looking for a tablet and this is the one I have zeroed in on.  I have seen several different mounting options for it but I am not convinced of one yet other than what one guy is building on his 3D printer for people.

You could also go the Apple route as mentioned above, but I have several Apple devices in the house, including a brand new iPhone 7 Plus for the wife, and I seem to get high blood pressure every time I need to use one of these things.  Hunting all over in iTunes for a small icon to simply restore the old iPhone 5 too for example.  I don't understand why people want to pay for this pain.  They also lock you into a little ecosystem and tell you what to do.  Enough said.

Sorry for the Apple rant, but they are really the worst designed most uncustomizable products on the planet.  
2017-4-17
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was using my nvidia shield with a mavmount but my shield keeps crashing. I now use a iPad mini 4 with no holder which is way better. The mini 4 screen is brighter than the nvidia and is just a better experience imo.
2017-4-17
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I also use and am happy with the iPad Mini 4. When I can I use it mounted directly to the RC, but when flying in sunlight I use a combination of the MavMount and Hi-Aerial hood.
2017-4-17
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Have you tried the new go rev 4.0.6 on the Shield?  Reports are that it is rock stable.

If you use the previous version of the app, to get rock stable app on the Shield required you not upgrade to Nougat.  New app runs good on Nougat from what I read.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.
2017-4-17
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same as above...MavMount, Mini 4 and a hood....only thing I wish is if I could get a brighter image to the screen in sunlight....so now I also have a small black sheet...like an old time photographer...I'll put over me in bright sun....what ever works, right?
2017-4-17
Use props
allupstairs
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for your help and comments...  looks like an iPad is the safest choice.

Been looking at some but they are very expensive.... Was thinking of getting a second hand one to save on cost.  Does it matter what generation iPad I buy ?  Does it have to be the iPad 4 mini or would an earlier one work just as well ?
2017-6-25
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a mavmount.com mount for my personal use and Don't have anything bad to say about it.
2017-6-25
Use props
Nephroghost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200456 ft
United States

I use the iPad mini 4 and have a mav mount on order.
2017-6-25
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I debated getting a Mini, but that's just another device, so I use a full sized iPad Pro 10.5 in a PGY Tech mount. Has been working well, and I leave the iPad in its case.
2017-6-25
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

allupstairs Posted at 2017-6-25 16:13
Thanks everyone for your help and comments...  looks like an iPad is the safest choice.

Been looking at some but they are very expensive.... Was thinking of getting a second hand one to save on cost.  Does it matter what generation iPad I buy ?  Does it have to be the iPad 4 mini or would an earlier one work just as well ?

I use an iPad Air 2 and a mount and it works just fine, A8 chip, but only downside I have is 16GB, you may want to look at more space....pic of mount below, is solid and folds down, was about €29

IMG_0552.JPG
2017-6-25
Use props
Juanreta_garcia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246004 ft
Spain

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-25 21:46
I use an iPad Air 2 and a mount and it works just fine, A8 chip, but only downside I have is 16GB, you may want to look at more space....pic of mount below, is solid and folds down, was about €29

The RC Cable that come with the Mavic is too short, and I am looking for a RC Cable for this mount, do you know if there is something in the market, or you have to connect it via the USB at the bottom??
Thanks in advance!!
2017-7-5
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Juanreta_garcia Posted at 2017-7-5 09:57
The RC Cable that come with the Mavic is too short, and I am looking for a RC Cable for this mount, do you know if there is something in the market, or you have to connect it via the USB at the bottom??
Thanks in advance!!

I use the iPad USB to USB slot under remote to the iPad, and keep the small side cable unplugged etc
2017-7-5
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

I use that PGY mount shown in pic above, $25 from amazon, allows the mini4 to be in an otterbox . 1foot long IOPHI cable also from amazon is perfect
2017-7-5
Use props
Juanreta_garcia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246004 ft
Spain

RCNJ Posted at 2017-7-5 12:01
I use the iPad USB to USB slot under remote to the iPad, and keep the small side cable unplugged etc

Thanks for the tip
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules