New Osmo Mobile Model/Upgrade on 2017?
5209 7 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse24392b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 565741 ft
United States

I'm thinking about buying an Osmo Mobile but I was wondering if there are any rumors of a newer model being released this year since it's been about a year since they released this version.
Thank you.
2017-4-17
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

Not heard anything, nor can I see anything online. Honestly the only issue the Osmo Mobile has is software... I think the hardware is pretty much perfect! There's a Spring Sale going on at the moment, so I'd say now is as good a time as any to take advantage of it!
2017-4-21
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

Hi there.The have just come up with Osmo mobile silver but I dont think there is any much change in performance other than a sleeky silver look. But its a great buy.
2017-4-23
Use props
djiuser_hhHAXZq
lvl.1

United States

CTIGUK Posted at 2017-4-21 12:02
Not heard anything, nor can I see anything online. Honestly the only issue the Osmo Mobile has is software... I think the hardware is pretty much perfect! There's a Spring Sale going on at the moment, so I'd say now is as good a time as any to take advantage of it!

I would not say the Osmo Mobile is perfect - the motors have a clearly documented problem in stabilizing the larger phones (iPhone plus models)  and/or optical image stabilization containing phones.

Additionally the 3.5mm headphone jack being powered on the charging cable is a massive design no-no, that should be a proper powered barrel connector.
2017-8-15
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_hhHAXZq Posted at 2017-8-15 11:46
I would not say the Osmo Mobile is perfect - the motors have a clearly documented problem in stabilizing the larger phones (iPhone plus models)  and/or optical image stabilization containing phones.

Additionally the 3.5mm headphone jack being powered on the charging cable is a massive design no-no, that should be a proper powered barrel connector.

Both good points - well, the latter, definitely - i've not experienced the former. I think i was just a little excited about the end result. I did have 3 months where the Osmo Mobile refused to respond when a phone was placed in it. Just turned it on now so i could complain (I kept forgetting beforehand) and ... it works. No idea for how long but, yeah, perfect was a big stretch.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Upgrades are never announced. Therefore, it is best to buy as you feel comfortable.
2017-8-17
Use props
SupaMonkey
lvl.1
South Africa

I desperately want to get a smartphone gimbal, but being an iPhone user, theres just nothing out there that will do the job. From what I've gathered, its because the iPhones OIS doesnt have a way to get locked down so the OIS and gimbal cant work nicely together. I'm hoping this is resolved in the iPhone 7S / 8; at which point - I'm hoping the OSMO Mobile 2 would be released as well...
Hopeful for some features the current one is missing (which its competitors, like zhiyun do have):
- Use Gimbal with sufficient space for phone charger
- Use Gimbal (battery) as a charging source
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SupaMonkey Posted at 2017-8-20 07:14
I desperately want to get a smartphone gimbal, but being an iPhone user, theres just nothing out there that will do the job. From what I've gathered, its because the iPhones OIS doesnt have a way to get locked down so the OIS and gimbal cant work nicely together. I'm hoping this is resolved in the iPhone 7S / 8; at which point - I'm hoping the OSMO Mobile 2 would be released as well...
Hopeful for some features the current one is missing (which its competitors, like zhiyun do have):
- Use Gimbal with sufficient space for phone charger

Thank you for your suggestions to our products, we will transfer them to our engineers for consideration in the future, appreciate your support to DJI.
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules