Glimbal cover
697 7 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseccdbcf1
lvl.1

Netherlands

Can you flight with the gimbal lens cover al the times, or is there a heating risk?
Regards, Marcel
2017-4-17
Use props
Beezzzzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280522 ft
United States

There's not a heating risk. You can fly with it on but there will be a glare from the props reflected on the camera if you keep the gimble on.
2017-4-17
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

I don't personally believe in a heating risk but the cover does create numerous unwanted reflections that will honestly ruin the shots.
2017-4-17
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Flying with the cover on is good while learning and the possibility of a crash is much higher . It does not create a significant heat issue .  After you are comfortable with the drones controls and functions then off will give you better video of course .
2017-4-17
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

There is significant heating from the gimbal cover.  It is not going to kill your drone to fly with it on occasionally, but over time, it will break something in the drone as electronics last longer when they run cooler.
2017-4-17
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TAKE IT OFFFFFFFFFF
2017-4-17
Use props
fans7805a7b4
lvl.1
France

I had the same opinion as you all  : Fly without the Glimbal cover. But after 10 months of flying without a crash my glimbal failed to death : control board KO. I suspect that, after all of my flies, the wind force against the glimbal was surely too much for the board and the servo-motors of the camera. Because when you fly without the cover, your glimbal is fighting against the wind and permanently try to keep his pitch… Surely not with the cover on  Maybe we should think about that…
2018-5-19
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer

Take it off the clarity will be much better
2018-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules