Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI A2 sudden wild Yaw
1308 3 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheBionicGroup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4520958 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

If anyone can suggest anything to help find the problem I would be indebted as I can’t find a way to problem solve as there are no logs files.

Basically I have a new X8 frame with T Motor U7 / Flame 80A ESC’s and A2 Flight Controller and Futaba 14SG Transmitter. The A2 assistant seems to be fine as it reports all the modules are up to date firmware wise. When you enter the engine test mode the correct motor runs in the correct direction. An IMU calibration was undertaken with no errors. The Assistant does not show any errors or alerts.

Prior to the first flight a standard compass calibration was done, again with no issues. The A2 LED reports the expected colours for the modes and get sat lock fine.

Upon initial hover the frame rises and is then left to settle, no inputs to the tx, then after about 20-30 seconds there is a slight slow yaw to the right (clockwise) , which was corrected on the TX with small yaw correction. This happened again after about a further minute, and again a slight yaw tx correction was made.

With no stick input some of the ESC's seem to increase the RPM slightly then the airframe starts a yaw to the right (clockwise) this time quickly and no matter how much corrective yaw the airframe rotates and is very difficult to land. The second fight had the same result.

The third “flight” we armed and ran the motors without taking off and had the throttle stick set at about 35%, after a few minutes could hear the right hand motor increase and the left hand motor reduce rpm.

Can anyone offer ideas as what may cause/try/fix the above issue?

Thanks in advance.

2017-4-17
Use props
FlightFilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81493 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi

I have a problem, that sounds a little like yours. Do you recognize this ?

In this video I actually flies totally straight, without any yaw or - + throttle. After about 10-20 meters it slowly driftes to the right (slow yaw to the right) while dropping a bit altitude. I let go of the "forward" stick, and it slides to the right and a little back, and then it suddenly dances violently. After about 3 seconds of dance, it founds it's original position and altitude (if it was going straight out and holding it's altitude, and stopped when I released the "forward" stick)

First I thought, that mabye the kp index was high, and that it was a solar storm, that was the reason. The kp index of the day was 1, so it was not the issue. I'm thinking GPS drift, A3 glitch / boot / jump of some kind. I don't think the yaw gain would cause this sliding off course and a suddenly violent dance.

Someone is talking about the Flame 80A not suits the U7 k490 motor.

Here is a video of the dance. Password: dance

2017-9-12
Use props
Wayfarer-59
lvl.2

Austria

If you performed ESC calibration, the reason may be in the IMU block. Wasn't it exposed by water when you were flying during rain or fog? The flight controller A2 is very well protected from water, but in the IMU block there is a hole through which water can get inside. I use with motors U7 490 kV ESC "HobbiWing 80A". With correctly exposed gains and detection of 14 satellites, my frame hangs in the air very stably. Stability can also be affected by metal objects under the ground, metal fencing of the sports ground ...
2017-11-19
Use props
Wayfarer-59
lvl.2

Austria

FlightFilm Posted at 2017-9-12 12:19
Hi

I have a problem, that sounds a little like yours. Do you recognize this ?

Try reducing the gain by 20-30% and load your frame with a balancing weight equal to the weight of your camera and the cardan suspension. If your ESC have a braking function, then when you release the stick at high speed, you will get the effect of a "dip" in height. Try to fly slowly forward. "Failure" in height should be absent. If your model loses altitude - experimentally choose the optimal value between "Basic" and "Attitude". Be careful with this - too large values ​​with such powerful motors and an underloaded model can lead to uncontrolled swing and a coup in the air. I wish you success!
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules