Does firmware .600 have a catastrophic issue?
5962 85 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-4-19 06:41
True statement. However, why would the forward facing sensors not see the building and prevent the collision? Isn't that what they are designed for and touted as capable of doing?

Could be flying towards reflective/transparent window that cause the OA to fail. Just a speculation.
2017-4-20
Use props
Yoan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93806 ft
France

Hello,

I am a recent Mavic user with very little experience.

I did few flights with the .550 version of the firmware without any issues.
I did the .600 update succesfully and did few flights as well and experienced two issues:
- one "aircraft disconnect" with successful RTH. Disconnection occured at a distance of 200m in a clear environment without any notification of interferences.
- the video that has been recorded on smartphone (Galaxy S7, Android 7.0) is jerky and has sound (compared to a previous one recorded with .550, with no sound). I am not sure if that issue is linked with firmware version and/or with DJI GO app version.

Again, I did only few flights with both versions of the firmware, so it's difficult to conclude but it seems it supports issues experienced by other users.

Cheers,

Yoan
2017-4-20
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Logger Posted at 2017-4-20 02:26
It is a brand new feature on Android OS. New as of firmware .600 and Go 4.07. As soon as I flew with this combo  and Audio recording active, the video stream to my phone became jerky. Disabled Audio recording and  the issue went away. Video stream became smooth again.  Others have reported the same.  Note - this is with Android. IOS has had the feature for the last couple of Go build s and it apparently works fine.

I tested this out yesterday, disabled voice recording and was flying about fine for the first 4 or 5 minutes, then the video started to get choppy and interface reactions were very slugish. Brought it in for landing, rebooted everything after having to force close the DJI app (it had by this point became unresponsive)
Flew again with the same settings and it did the same thing, but this time i couldnt do anything with the app after 5 or so mins of flight. the app hung the phone so bad i had to reboot it.

This is all on a Galaxy S7 Edge running android 7.0

I have just factory reset my phone and downgraded to Android 6.0.1 which i'm hoping will solve the issues, i'll keep audio off too.
The next chance i get to test it i'll report back. I'm pretty sure the mavic firmware isnt at fault with this issue though, it's more a Android 7.0/DJI Go 4 issue.

Time will tell ...
2017-4-20
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-4-20 16:08
I tested this out yesterday, disabled voice recording and was flying about fine for the first 4 or 5 minutes, then the video started to get choppy and interface reactions were very slugish. Brought it in for landing, rebooted everything after having to force close the DJI app (it had by this point became unresponsive)
Flew again with the same settings and it did the same thing, but this time i couldnt do anything with the app after 5 or so mins of flight. the app hung the phone so bad i had to reboot it.

Happy to report zero issues so far with Marshmallow, took it for a flight today, a whole battery and an impressive 24 min flight landing with 20% left and no issues whatsoever.

I'd deffo recommend downgrading to marshmallow if you're running Android 7.0

2017-4-22
Use props
fans05da2202
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201985 ft
United Kingdom

I have upgrade Mavic to 600 and from that moment I had many Aircraft Disconnected message, NFZ triggers and unable to take off, and many times the DJI Go app did not even connect to the Mavic. Then I decided to roll back to .550 which I had no issues before and ALL issues above had been resolved. So these were definitely caused by the firmware upgrade. I raised it to DJI on their FB page, but won't be upgrading to .600 until it is confirmed all issues are fixed
2017-4-25
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

+1 , i will miss out .600 after a short test, rolled back to .400, i will stay there unless a newer version is any good. even though i will be missing out on some of the newer features, how i see it is, that if it flies reliable is better than using a new feature with it crashed !  LOL
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules