Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 Vision Plus wifi repeater connection failed
4949 4 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3d46c121
New
United States

It seems this has been a topic around for a while and I am confused as to what I might be able to do as there are a lot of threads....

I pull the phantom out of the closet after setting dormant for quite some time.  Recharged everything and when I powered up to connect I would get the repeater connect failed.

I have updated all of the software - and I have replaced the wifi extender.

When I try to bind the phantom - I can get to the point in the android app where I scan the QR code and the data is updated in the fields in the app.  When I tap on the blue Check to save - the app "flashes" goes right back to the menu page and does not bind.  Some times I get a repeater connection failed alert.

So what next - is it the wifi module?  Why would it have failed having simply sit on the shelf for a while?  Looking for any suggestions to confirm the problem before I spend any more money.....

Thanks in advance for advice/help.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When you hit the check mark to save the QR code, the range extender does essentially reboot itself. You would want to wait a few seconds or so before trying to reconnect to it again. In addition, have you tried 'forgetting' the Phantom WiFi signal, refreshing the WiFi list on the device and then reconnecting to it?
2017-4-18
Use props
fans3d46c121
New
United States

So that did not work.  I have replaced the extender and the wifi module with no luck.  What is next?
2017-4-30
Use props
lopezfigueroac
New

Mexico

I solved.... first i download a old version off dji app
https://www.apk20.com/apk/691081/
And install this version in a old cellphone... samsung SM-A300H   android version 5.0.2
...ok i shut off all...  install app... on  control, wifi repeater and drone.... connect to phantom wifi.... open app....first time wifi error... i go to bind.... scanning QR... two times... and binding sucessfull.....
Mac adress connect with wifi repeater... and now install app in new cell phone .. huawei 9... open app... and camera connect without binding process.
2018-8-2
Use props
fansd9d3aa59
New

United States

I was dealing with this issue and an iPhone 8. In the end - make sure if you use a personal VPN that it is OFF. Also, if you use secure passwords and cant login into the app or PC assistant - set your password to 15 char or less without special char.
2019-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules