Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dare I ask - the Galaxy S8?
3150 17 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

I realize I am asking for trouble here, as compatibility is still lacking in some areas (timelapse resolution included) with the S7, but do any of the mods or users here have any knowledge of the S8's compatibility with DJI Go?

I know a few early media/press contats have their hands on the S8 and it is released this Thursday which is when mine should arrive.

Anyone have any ideas?
2017-4-18
Use props
fansab3baf7c
New
Turkey

I have s8 and osmo mobile and dji go app is compatible.
2017-4-20
Use props
Mikolaj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 108471 ft
Poland

Does S8 have optical image stabilisation? Aren't there any such issues as reported with iPhone 7 & 7 Plus?
2017-4-21
Use props
PJgurn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103609 ft
United States

fansab3baf7c Posted at 2017-4-20 13:50
I have s8 and osmo mobile and dji go app is compatible.

It is??? I can't get it to open. As soon as I push the app it shows an extremely low res version and then crashes. Every time. Anyone know how to make it work?
2017-4-21
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

Just answered my own question... we have a 1080p resolution cap (despite the S7 having 4K resolution) - that is what strikes me as the first problem. I also just created a motion timelapse and *drum roll please* the resolution for that is 720p! Hilarious. Sort it out please, DJI.
2017-4-21
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

Mikolaj Posted at 2017-4-21 06:25
Does S8 have optical image stabilisation? Aren't there any such issues as reported with iPhone 7 & 7 Plus?

It's only a single lens, so there is no optical stabilisation with the S8 - so no similar issues
2017-4-21
Use props
fansab3baf7c
New
Turkey

OIS is not related with dual or single lens. There is OIS in s8. I have similar problem . But front cam is flawless. I hope samsung will eelase and option to turn off OIS
2017-4-21
Use props
fans8f32c18b
New
United States

What version of Android do you guys have with the S8? I have Nougat 7.0 and I wonder if the OS is the issue?
2017-4-21
Use props
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

I have the S8+. The app opens just fine for me but it's stretched out. I checked and the app isn't set to use full screen so I'm not sure what the deal with that is but everything seems to function so far, at least the options that are available.
2017-4-21
Use props
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

Ha, looks like I spoke too soon. I just did the update hoping it would fix the stretch but instead the POS now just crashes like others have reported. I really don't even use the DJI App for anything more than calibrating anyway.
2017-4-21
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

fansab3baf7c Posted at 2017-4-21 12:50
OIS is not related with dual or single lens. There is OIS in s8. I have similar problem . But front cam is flawless. I hope samsung will eelase and option to turn off OIS

Ah my bad then. If you go to camera settings (certainly with the new update) there is an option to turn stabilization off - I'll have to check if this works....
2017-4-22
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

bradgonemad Posted at 2017-4-21 19:43
Ha, looks like I spoke too soon. I just did the update hoping it would fix the stretch but instead the POS now just crashes like others have reported. I really don't even use the DJI App for anything more than calibrating anyway.

Ahhh... I just updated the S8 too... haven't tried yet.\, but i guess this is what i have to look forward to ...
2017-4-22
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

So...oddly mine didn't crash. Still limits to 1080p recording and 720p timnelapse...

Also, I turned the stablization on and off, i dont notice any stutter or wobble, but i would say the stabilization effect in general is kind of wobbly.. I'm turning it off for Osmo Mobile use and handheld use...
2017-4-22
Use props
irfun4ever
New
Turkey

CTIGUK Posted at 2017-4-22 20:31
So...oddly mine didn't crash. Still limits to 1080p recording and 720p timnelapse...

Also, I turned the stablization on and off, i dont notice any stutter or wobble, but i would say the stabilization effect in general is kind of wobbly.. I'm turning it off for Osmo Mobile use and handheld use...

How you turned off OIS?
2017-4-24
Use props
fans4a530e07
lvl.2

Singapore

Got my S8 Plus but there is no 4K recording when using Osmo Mobile App. Hope there will be an update soon.
2017-4-24
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.2
United States

fans4a530e07 Posted at 2017-4-24 17:19
Got my S8 Plus but there is no 4K recording when using Osmo Mobile App. Hope there will be an update soon.

Okay, so after my Osmo Mobile was dead for about 3 months (flashing light, no other life) it appears to be back from the dead and i was able to download new firmware which has added 4K to the S8. So, that's good at least.
2017-8-17
Use props
S8or8?
New

South Korea

Can somebody please please please tell me how I can disable ois on S8?????
2017-9-10
Use props
James Ring
New

Ireland

I am using the S8 with the Osmo mobile 2. I am getting a micro shake on footage, presumably from the OIS fighting the Osmo. Very annoying. When you disable the Image stabilisation in the camera settings it only disables the software stabilization and not the built in OIS. I confirmed this with Samsung. The OIS cannot be disabled as it is mechanical. Any one having the same issues or solutions?
2018-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules