New Firmware (v3.12) Has Been Updated
123456789Next >
28306 336 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

New firmware (v3.12) for the Phantom 2 series have just been released. Please update your Phantom’s firmware to enjoy all of the new features.

Major New Features:
a)    No-Fly Zones have been updated to include a 25km radius centered in Washington, DC.
b)    The compass calibration program has been optimized to improve reliability.
c)    When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft's position and altitude. During this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.
d)    After an automatic landing has been completed and the motors have stopped spinning, users can immediately restart the motors and begin a new flight.

Updates
a)    Flight controller firmware has been updated to v3.12.

Special Note:
a)    It is recommended that the compass be calibrated in an environment that is free from sources of potential interference. If you become aware of any source of potential interference, move to a different location and calibrate the compass again. Be aware that underground metal pipes may cause interference when the aircraft is close to the ground during compass calibration.
b)    We highly recommend all users update their firmware to the latest v3.12.

2015-3-3
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

This is what I've been waiting on ! Thanks!
2015-3-3
Use props
isaiahbrock7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

I don't understand letter  c.  Can someone explain it to me?
2015-3-3
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

When the craft is descending in Auto land (RTH) you couldnt control the craft without cancelling RTH, now you can alter its position and descent , this is handy if the quad is auto descending into a lake or trees etc.
2015-3-3
Use props
matointon
lvl.1

Netherlands

"C"  -  During automatic landing you could not move it (It was controlled by GPS) or slow the landing down ! So many people watched it land on rough terrain and it could get damaged,also it landed too fast and would fall over and damage the props.
Now you can slow down the decent to make a controlled landing and adjust the landing position if you see it heading into trouble !!
Good stuff.
2015-3-3
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

WHO dares to try v3.12 - we where on 3.08 cause 3.10 failed, and now 3.12 without explanation on 3.10
2015-3-3
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

I'm waiting on the reports from others before i upgrade the firmware.  I only have one drone presently.
I need to know if there is any "Fly-away" issues first.
2015-3-3
Use props
trailtec
lvl.2

Australia

I still haven't touched the firmware on mine, it works. I may do this update in a few weeks if no issues arrise.
2015-3-3
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

BWJ Posted at 2015-3-3 21:58
WHO dares to try v3.12 - we where on 3.08 cause 3.10 failed, and now 3.12 without explanation on 3.1 ...

No chance, none of the update applies to a UK flyer
2015-3-3
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mac os section for updates doesn't show the update for ver 3.12 also when running the phantom PT2 software and checking updates it shows none available. Any body have info on this?
2015-3-3
Use props
isaiahbrock7
lvl.3
United States

matointon@gmail Posted at 2015-3-3 21:54
"C"  -  During automatic landing you could not move it (It was controlled by GPS) or slow the landin ...

So you can now control the position when its automatically landing when the throttle stick is locked in the down position, or when its landing in FailSafe?
2015-3-3
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

My two phantoms fly fine with firmware 3.6.  I'm not upgrading anything as these new features don't appeal to me and why mess with it if your phantom is flying fine especially after the 3.10 fiasco. My advice is always WAIT when a new version, model or firmware is rolled out for the bugs to be worked out.
2015-3-3
Use props
isaiahbrock7
lvl.3
United States

rdc44444@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-3 22:40
My two phantoms fly fine with firmware 3.6.  I'm not upgrading anything as these new features don't  ...

Not upgrading your firmware can risk a flyaway!
2015-3-3
Use props
Ploug
lvl.2

Denmark

isaiahbrock7@gm Posted at 2015-3-3 22:26
So you can now control the position when its automatically landing when the throttle stick is lock ...

Yup! And that is sweet!
2015-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-3 21:48
When the craft is descending in Auto land (RTH) you couldnt control the craft without cancelling RT ...

Or land on the roof of my house, not fun having to ladder up a two story roof at night! Oh wait, did I just say I did that, DOH!..as I live out in the country i tend to fly to the limits more often than I should.
Nice features, I hope to do the update in the next day or two.
2015-3-3
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

United States

Just updated the firmware. I never experienced any problem with the 3.10 update so there is no reason for me to be afraid of this one.

It is evening here but I tried it outside anyway just to check and the first thing I noted was that the app radar "thinks" that the Phantom is about 600 meters away from me. Calibrated the compass and it synced correctly in the app radar. It now reports NAZA Mode on the upper right corner where it used to be just N/A. Works with FPV Booster too.
Before Calibration.jpg
After calibration.jpg
2015-3-3
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

has anyone install 3.12 and flown it yet?
2015-3-3
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

isaiahbrock7@gm Posted at 2015-3-3 22:42
Not upgrading your firmware can risk a flyaway!

How?? Please enlighten me? Im sure there are plenty of people flying on older firmware so is this a fact or more hysterics? I could very well be wrong so that is why I'm asking.
2015-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-3-4 00:07
has anyone install 3.12 and flown it yet?

Yes,
Read down to the bottom of this thread and all is good by his account
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-3
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32730 ft
United Kingdom

why no update for Mac OS?
2015-3-3
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

All updated as usual, although not flown yet as its too windy here.
While I was playing around with the app the Phantom briefly got GPS lock sat on my lounge table, which was a first.
2015-3-3
Use props
isaiahbrock7
lvl.3
United States

rdc44444@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-4 00:20
How?? Please enlighten me? Im sure there are plenty of people flying on older firmware so is this a ...

The latest firmware updates have added another fail-safe to counteract the radio interference signals. If the Phantom gets a stronger outside signal telling it to go in a certain direction (other than a hover) and that signal isn’t changing at all for 10 seconds, the Phantom will assume the signal is interference from an outside signal and it will go into a hover.

The Phantom will then examine the signal to see if it is interference by looking to see if the signal changes like it would if a human were controlling it. If the signal doesn't change, it will assume the signal is interference, go into fail-safe mode and it will fly itself home and land itself.
2015-3-3
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

isaiahbrock7@gm Posted at 2015-3-4 01:41
The latest firmware updates have added another fail-safe to counteract the radio interference sign ...

Wasnt this 10 second transmission problem addressed a long time ago. Are you thinking of the compasscalibration that is mentioned in the firmware update? This was taken from an article back in July 2014.... Both my phantoms are version 3.

Update Firmware to Latest Version

Electromagnetic interference can cause problems with flight controls. Interestingly though, as Colin Guinn explains, radio interference on the 2.4Ghz band can take control of the Phantom and cause it to do unintended operations.

Reading between the lines, it seems like DJI believes this is the primary cause for previously unexplained flyaways. As Guinn notes, “This took us a while to figure out what was causing this, and how to fix it. And what we did is we actually adjusted it in firmware.”

The latest firmware updates have added another fail-safe to counteract these radio interference signals. If the Phantom gets a stronger outside signal telling it to go in a certain direction (other than a hover) and that signal isn’t changing at all for 10 seconds, the Phantom will assume the signal is interference from an outside signal and it will go into a hover.

The Phantom will then examine the signal to see if it is interference by looking to see if the signal changes like it would if a human were controlling it. If the signal doesn’t change, it will assume the signal is interference, go into fail-safe mode and it will fly itself home and land itself. (See tip # 2 above).

http://www.photographybay.com/20 ... hantom-quadcopters/

2015-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

mikegil Posted at 2015-3-4 00:56
why no update for Mac OS?

Look again,
I just saw it there under Phantom 2+ Vision Assistant Software v3.8, it appears they did not need to update the actual Vision Assistan Softwaresoft and just tied the new firmware to it...look closely!
2015-3-3
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Can someone explain the point of firmware

d.)  After an automatic landing has been completed and the motors have stopped spinning, users can immediately restart the motors and begin a new flight.
2015-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I could make it long and complicated but the super simple answer is that firmware is essentially a "read only software" that resides in your hardware (in this case the Phantom is the hardware so to speak). The firmware is you Phantom's internal operating instructions of what it is to do when you are linked up with the RC and the RC tells the Phantom what to do based on the parameters of what the Phantom is capable of doing as defined by its firmware....
2015-3-3
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32730 ft
United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 02:06
Look again,
I just saw it there under Phantom 2+ Vision Assistant Software v3.8, it appears they di ...

lol, am sure that wasn't there before, need new glasses, cheers North
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I upgraded Heathcliff today and it passed all the ground tests.  I picked up 6 sats on the desk where I used to get 0.  Calibrations have all been done.  "Home Point", "Find my Phantom" and "Ground Station" positions me within a couple of feet from actual position.  Motors all start and run up to power with props off.  Now as soon as it stops snowing, the flight testing will begin.
2015-3-3
Use props
neverstop74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61119 ft
United States

Just upgraded and now the gimball controls aren't working to point the camera up/down.  Any ideas on a fix?
2015-3-3
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI- please make this a sticky- people are going to miss it as it goes down the list.  Not everyone is on here every day.
Cheers!
Rod and the cheshire cat.
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

neverstop74@gma Posted at 2015-3-4 07:33
Just upgraded and now the gimball controls aren't working to point the camera up/down.  Any ideas on ...

Recalibrate.
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Yes, make this a sticky so everyone will see it,,,,, or,,,, it's rhyme time
2015-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

So,
I have done the updates and all seemed to be perfect, i took the bird out, flew her around and she seemed very, very happy.
Then as i was about to bring it back to the nest i checked "find my phantom" and she was not there..i could visually see her but she was not showing up on the phone and i know it was working last week.
I have since reloaded software on the Phantom and the PC and the DJI Vision ap on the iPhone 5+ and so on,everything was 100% charged and i even tried another battery (not that it should have had an impact).
Did i miss something as all i am getting is the grid lines in both views.

Any suggestions?

IMG_5672.JPG
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Here is mine North,  the only difference is the GPS and battery
upgrade page 1.jpg
2015-3-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 11:26
So,
I have done the updates and all seemed to be perfect, i took the bird out, flew her around and s ...

Could you use the GS function?
2015-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Thanks Gerry
Not sure why the GPS firmware is different, maybe different version birds?

And thanks Autumn, sorry, not sure what you mean "could you use the GS function"?..If that means Ground station, not sure, i have only looked at it once and i did not try that out today as it is not something i would normally use...but i can tomorrow possibly...very dark here now and if i try it and birdie goes bye bye i will be very sad!
2015-3-3
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 11:42
Thanks Gerry

Yes I mean Ground Station. Try it tomorrow and tell me the result.
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 11:42
Thanks Gerry

Mine is the Phantom 2 Vision +. all stock
Did you have a good GPS lock when you went flying?  When I upgraded I got 6 sats here on my desk and after all the recalibrations, I checked Find my phantom and GS and both showed my phantom within a couple of feet of where it actually was.
2015-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Will try,
Interesting though, i just noticed at the bottom of my screen shot and Gerry's that we have another difference!!
My Mode is showing GPS Atti and Gerry's is showing GPS Failsafe (maybe because that is where we have our switches set)
my switch 1 in positon 1 it is "GPS Atti",
in position 2 it is "Atti" and
in position 3 it is "Failsafe"....

maybe it means nothing but just thought i would throw that in...

And Gerry, why do you not have the same GPS firmware as me or me as you?
2015-3-3
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-4 11:58
Will try,
Interesting though, i just noticed at the bottom of my screen shot and Gerry's that we hav ...

I got the GPS from the 3.10 update and the battery from the previous update when they started bricking batteries.  I'll get a screenshot of Heathcliff, he hasn't got this update yet.
2015-3-3
Use props
123456789Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules