Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Link to Phone Number
123Next >
30567 101 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
g.williams450-s
lvl.1
United Kingdom

g.williams450-s Posted at 2017-8-22 14:42
I was at my wits end after trying everything over the last few days and was about to box the Mavic up and send it back then I read the post from Pfriemler at 9# and refreshed my account details, saved and gave it one more try and EUREKA no more Chinese phone number pop up. Thanks Pfriemler, I hope it stays away and works for others. I can get on with my life now.

Well it worked last night. Fired it up again this morning and the Chinese number thing is back again and will not go away no matter what I do so I have had it with this. It's going back to the supplier for a refund.
2017-8-23
Use props
Adv57
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46 ft
Italy

Same problem in Italy (Phantom 4 Pro Plus). This problem is very boring. It's fired after every time i use the built-in simulator. I resolve only resetting RC. Please find a definitive solution. Thanks

(Sorry for my english...)
2017-8-23
Use props
fans39b09707
New
New Zealand

"Please delete all folder and files you can see with the word DJI in it (Main Storage > DJI Folder), (Main Storage > dji.go.v4 Folder) and there may also be a DJI text file in Main Storage also. Then reinstall the app."  I got that suggestion from DJI SPARK Facebook group.
2017-8-23
Use props
guy paray
New
United States

I had the exact problem, asking for Mainland China Number, in a continuous loop. This is what I did & it worked. Go to Settings, then System Settings, then Backup & reset, Then Factory data reset.  In addition, I updated the firmware of the actual aircraft via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-8-24
Use props
guy paray
New
United States

Pfriemler Posted at 2017-6-1 23:28
Same here. It's June, the app seems to be updated.
Neither I nor the drone never were in China. I just got it from a friend, created a new account - and tried the simulator. Maybe that's the problem?

I had the exact problem, asking for Mainland China Number, in a continuous loop. This is what I did & it worked. Go to Settings, then System Settings, then Backup & reset, Then Factory data reset.  In addition, I updated the firmware of the actual aircraft via DJI Assistant 2. Hope this helps.
2017-8-24
Use props
VDSDRONE
New
Brazil

Hi, I solve the problem. In your controller display or mobile, swipe down to access the menu. Click in the gear icon and then, go to Personal Tab. In personal tab, click in "Backup & reset". The system will restore the software and the message "Link to Phone Number" will disappear. This process works for me! Luck guys!  
2017-8-24
Use props
fanse3d174bc
New
Flight distance : 154265 ft
Costa Rica

I solved, just go and uncheck Calibrate map coordinates (for China mainland)
2017-8-24
Use props
djiuser_Gki8IKb
New
Philippines

I's using DJI go 4 AND MY DRONE is dji spark and its asking for "link to phone number" and if i clock on the link it wants a  mainland china number. I am pilipino living in Philippines. Please help to resolve my problem
2017-8-24
Use props
djiuser_Gki8IKb
New
Philippines

Please help to solve my problem.im using dji spark and when i try to update my battery and its asking for "Link to phone number"
I am pilipono living in philippines. Could you help me
2017-8-24
Use props
djiuser_Gki8IKb
New
Philippines

Help me please i am pilipino living in the philippines. My dji spark asking for link to phone number which is i dnt have... Please help me to resolve my pronlem
2017-8-24
Use props
STEFANET81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10705 ft
Greece

Dear co-pilots, hi from Greece.

Same thing happened to me, , with Mavic,after initating the tutorial, an hour ago...
I've erased the app's data, started again and I was prompted once the same linking phone message, but next time I ran the app, worked perfectly...!

Hope same thing works for you, but since some of you deleted the app and reinstalled and same message came up, I 'm not really sure...!

Good luck to all of you...
2017-8-25
Use props
Garfield
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I can share my experience:
1, update all your firmware(craft RC) into latest version.
2, also update the No-fly zone info when the message pop-up.
3, clean the app cache, then reinstall the app(latest version).
4, enable your dji go app's location read permission from your phone setting.
5, connect your phone/tab in very good internet situation.
6, put your drone in a wide place with very good GPS signal.
7, power on RC, Drone , and then App, it will be good.

Good luck.
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_StHgL8Q
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-18 20:22
Could you please help us confirm the following info which helps us figure it out for you?
What's your aircraft model and DJI GO 4 version?
What's the network IP address on your phone?

Hi - I have a Phantom 4 Pro+. I have never flown it.  I have been using the simulator to become comfortable with the drone. A few minutes ago, I started the remote control and it asked me to link phone number. I go to link and it is asking me now for the China Mainland phone number.  I saw on one of the posts that you suggested that we go back to "factory default" on the remote.  How do we do this? Is this the only option? thanks
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_StHgL8Q Posted at 2017-8-28 19:21
Hi - I have a Phantom 4 Pro+. I have never flown it.  I have been using the simulator to become comfortable with the drone. A few minutes ago, I started the remote control and it asked me to link phone number. I go to link and it is asking me now for the China Mainland phone number.  I saw on one of the posts that you suggested that we go back to "factory default" on the remote.  How do we do this? Is this the only option? thanks

Please reset RC to factory default with the steps below: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset.
2017-8-28
Use props
Elfish360
lvl.1
Netherlands

i have the same please help me
2017-8-30
Use props
Elfish360
lvl.1
Netherlands

link Phone number i have the same

didnt even use for 1 second
2017-8-30
Use props
Garfield
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Elfish360 Posted at 2017-8-30 07:01
link Phone number i have the same

didnt even use for 1 second

I can share my experience:
1, update all your firmware(craft RC) into latest version.
2, also update the No-fly zone info when the message pop-up.
3, clean the app cache, then reinstall the app(latest version).
4, enable your dji go app's location read permission from your phone setting.
5, connect your phone/tab in very good internet situation.
6, put your drone in a wide place with very good GPS signal.
7, power on RC, Drone , and then App, it will be good.

Good luck.
2017-8-30
Use props
djiuser_MrOJ8n3
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there. I have had the same problem but on iPAD only. On my iPhone this message has appeared just once. And when I slide off the application from the screen, it (message) never came back on again. On iPAD I have done another thing. 1. Delete DJI application; 2. Removed cellphone card (so far I don't use it); 3. Restarted iPAD; 4. Install DJI app. Problem was solved. Hope it may help someone.
2017-8-31
Use props
djiuser_MPehePC
New
Flight distance : 6959 ft
United States

I have the same problem with a brand new drone purchased from Adorama.  I live in the US in Michigan and have never been to China.  This is an unacceptable bug.  Totally unacceptable and I am not pleased.  I have the latest firmware for aircraft and remote controller and the app is the latest version.  The chinese phone number link came up once then after updating firmware it went away and I was able to fly.  Now today it popped up again rendering everything useless.  For $1,500 a consumer should not have to trouble shoot and download logs for an app.  A Chinese phone number?  c'mon.  This is something I do not want to deal with.  I am not happy.
2017-9-3
Use props
fansb9972bfd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7146 ft
Switzerland

Same problem with Phantom 4 Pro +. It looks as if the issue was caused by starting the flight simulator, after that the device decides it is in China (my DJI account properly specifies Switzerland), where the registration with the phone number might be required legally or something like that (no idea). In any way, my observation is the following: when the device is powered off after simulator usage and is powered on again - its functionality is blocked by a modal prompt to enter a phone number, which has to me a Mainland China one. I solved the issue (hopefully) by resetting the controller to factory settings with subsequent avoiding touching the simulator.
2017-9-7
Use props
ofathirtysometh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12648 ft
Hong Kong

This app is SO bad. I bought my Spark from the flagship store in Hong Kong a few days ago and I genuinely spent about 6 hours working out why I couldn't get the thing to fly - due to a bug in the app not allowing firmware updates to complete.

Now I have the same issue with this Chinese mainland number to link the account. DJI - what is wrong with you guys, we've all spent a significant amount of money (most people, much more than me) on these things and they (on Android anyway) seem to be flawed at EVERY step. I'm so disappointed with my experience so far, it would be impossible to recommend a DJI to anyone who asks. Which is awful.

FYI - I've got around the link account with Chinese mainland number by clearing the cache, uninstalling the app, reinstalling the app and staying well away from the simulator which seems to be the bug source.

I'm now able to get my drone in the air again (without throwing the thing out the window!).

2017-9-11
Use props
thorsten8
New
Germany

I just solved two Issues for my new Phantom 4 Pro+.
1. Link to Phone Number
2. Offline Maps only for China

Howto
1. Switch OFF the drone
2. Switch ON the controller
  2.1 Goto: Preferences -> System Settings  -> Storage -> Apps -> DJI GO 4
  2.2 Klick on "CLEAR DATA" and "CLEAR CACHE"
  2.3 Restart Controller

3. After restart Login with your DJI account again

Now i was able to download the Maps for any region of the world. In my case the maps for Germany.

4. Switch OFF Controller

5. Goto a Place with strong GPS signal.

6. Switch ON drone wait about 5min before switching on the controller.

Thats all!  - No "Link  to Phone Number" message.

This works for me - hope it will help you if you have the same issue.

2017-9-13
Use props
fans0fb95237
New
Flight distance : 305013 ft

Sweden

Hi, I just got my Phantom 4 Pro back from service in Holland.
Now It wants my Chinese telephone number?
How do I get past this?
Can´t fly until this is resolved.

Best regards // Gustav
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans0fb95237 Posted at 2017-9-15 12:49
How do I get past this?

Hi, please try to link your mobile device to a local network, put the AC to a place where has GPS signal, restart the AC and app, it will help.
2017-9-15
Use props
dji540
lvl.1
Indonesia

fans0fb95237 Posted at 2017-9-15 12:49
How do I get past this?

hi...
have same problem ..this because we use simulator at specific coordinates (lat,long).
try to fly on the enough gps signal, switch on aircraft and rc.. should be okay...

or we set specific coordinates on the simulator...

hope this can help you..
2017-9-16
Use props
PatBloke
Flight distance : 96260 ft
United Kingdom

Same happened to me after updating firmware (in the UK) I did also use the simulator for the first time so not sure which set off the link box?
I reinstalled my DJI Go4 app... It's fixed it for now?
2017-9-22
Use props
Ilyamar
lvl.1
Norway

Oh my God Im having the worst experience with your f**king  Mainland phone number issue that hasnt been fixed for FOUR MONTHS ALREADY.
NONE of your suggestions work, you guys Mindy, Diana and etc SUCK, community trying to solve the issues but you are ABSOLUTELY USELESS, I reinstalled app tens of times and it still pops up, it is such a simple software bug that could have been fixed long time ago. I HATE YOU GUYS (DJI support), there is no help from you and dont ask me to send my logs, it is ridiculous that you cant help hundreds of your customers.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ilyamar Posted at 2017-9-29 12:15
Oh my God Im having the worst experience with your f**king  Mainland phone number issue that hasnt been fixed for FOUR MONTHS ALREADY.
NONE of your suggestions work, you guys Mindy, Diana and etc SUCK, community trying to solve the issues but you are ABSOLUTELY USELESS, I reinstalled app tens of times and it still pops up, it is such a simple software bug that could have been fixed long time ago. I HATE YOU GUYS (DJI support), there is no help from you and dont ask me to send my logs, it is ridiculous that you cant help hundreds of your customers.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, but the resolution we provided works for other users.
If the problem persists, please provide us the information below for further analysis:
1. Your DJI account and serial number of the drone;
2. The position when the error pops up;
3. IP address;
4. Log file in mobile device which can be found in DJI/dji.go.v4/log/CACHE/verphone
Appreciate your time.
2017-9-30
Use props
iliypuk
New
Russia

Andreevich Posted at 2017-8-2 22:25
Добрый день, тоже столкнулся с этой проблемой, но у меня 4 Pro Plus, как вы решили эту проблему? можно в личку

Привет! получилось решить проблему? Столкнулся с той же ситуацией.
2017-10-1
Use props
fans93a04e49
New
Spain

the problem is with your ip. try to disconect your wifi
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

iliypuk Posted at 2017-10-1 11:28
Привет! получилось решить проблему? Столкнулся с той же ситуацией.

Sorry for replying you in English. For Phantom 4 Pro, it also has the same solution as I had mentioned at 64#, you can launch a WiFi hotspot for your RC to connect.
2017-10-7
Use props
leealex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177736 ft
Russia

Same here in Russia, clearing cache and all data helps untill the next day Do I have to reset the app and adjust all app settings every day?
This is completely unacceptable!
2017-10-19
Use props
leealex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177736 ft
Russia

It seems that I found the reason causing this bug. If I launch simulator and after that try to fly I get 'Link phone number' message
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

leealex Posted at 2017-10-20 00:29
It seems that I found the reason causing this bug. If I launch simulator and after that try to fly I get 'Link phone number' message

Reset the controller to factory settings, you will get rid of the reminder. If the message appears again, contact your local network, restart the APP several times when GPS signal is good, it will be helpful.
2017-10-21
Use props
Eagle Eyes 2403
lvl.1

Australia

I have the same issue in Australia, WTF, I need this for work. IM SCREWED. I have tried everything please help me
2017-11-10
Use props
Dougmcl
New
United States

Same thing here in California! Went away for about an hour and then returned. Enough already, DJI! Please FIX your issues rather than provide ineffective workarounds! Nice product in concept, but you STILL have a lot to do in order to make this a viable product. (Spark + RC + Galaxy S7 android)
2017-12-19
Use props
Life's A Beach
lvl.1
United States

I had same issue after selecting run the simulator on my Phantom 4 Pro +.
I could not get to any settings, just enter the number, so  I shut everything down and placed drone where it would receive GPS and turned on the Drone and waited a few minutes and then turned on the controller and the message was not there.
That was my experience on this.
2017-12-26
Use props
fans3e8a24e3
lvl.1
India

ist Posted at 2017-5-27 07:34
same problem.. you're just selling products

I need phantom pro,mavic pro,spark and gimbal or dji all spare parts for selling
2018-1-26
Use props
fans3e8a24e3
lvl.1
India

ist Posted at 2017-5-27 07:34
same problem.. you're just selling products

I need phantom pro,mavic pro,spark and gimbal or dji all spare parts for selling
2018-1-26
Use props
fans31d0401e
New

United States

Hello
I need help please....
I have my phone# from Philippines then have important message from my phone# but I couldn't read it because m living in US now,How can I activate my phone number from Philippines here in US
Thank you.
2018-3-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules