Beautiful Norway - Last footage before repair!!
1153 9 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
n0gga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 502044 ft
Norway

After two months of waiting, I finally got my Mavic by the end of March. Now, in the middle of april I have to send it in because of pink/purple flashes from the camera every once in a while. Really hurts to do this, as I love flying this thing, but I just can't accept such a flaw in a quad this expensive.Any day now my local store will be ready to ship it of to DJI in the Netherlands, so I'm guessing another two months of wating for a new one is to come.

Just finished editing my last footage, hope you guys enjoy it, as it'll probably be the last footage from my current Mavic
Filmed in 4K, D-Cinelike (-1,-1,-1), edited in FCPX and color graded in Color Finale. Also used PolarPro Polarized filters on all footage.

Cheers, Marius.
2017-4-19
Use props
alaska42
First Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice footage and editing. Looking forward to more when you get it back.
2017-4-19
Use props
MickyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4526535 ft
United Kingdom

Wow. Excellent footage and quality editing. I wouldn't know where to start. Was reviewing some footage from this morning and the landscape and distance shots look great, but the green grass in the fields is just too green.
I presume it is because I am being lazy and using fully auto, not making any manual adjustments, just clicking on focus on screen.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Keep up the good work, hope the Mavic is soon returned and you can post more.
2017-4-19
Use props
MickyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4526535 ft
United Kingdom

Wow. Excellent footage and quality editing. I wouldn't know where to start. Was reviewing some footage from this morning and the landscape and distance shots look great, but the green grass in the fields is just too green.
I presume it is because I am being lazy and using fully auto, not making any manual adjustments, just clicking on focus on screen.
Keep up the good work, hope the Mavic is soon returned and you can post more.
2017-4-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Beautiful video and country.  I did find some of the cuts a bit quick though.  Something pops up and your eyes don't get enough time to focus on them before they go away again and you don't really know what you saw.  The last "reveal" could have bee even nicer with a lower approach, hiding the water until the last moment.  Beautiful stuff any way you cut it though.  Hope to see much more from you sooner than you think it will happen.  
2017-4-19
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

MickyD Posted at 2017-4-19 04:12

I suggest watching some tutorials for both filming and editing on youtube.
I personally have no experience with filming/editing at all prior to the purchase of the Mavic.

Depending on the system you use, I hear that Adobe Premiere is the leading one when you run Windows, and Final Cut Pro on Mac. When doing color corrections I just did like the tutorials, and used my eyes in order to get a color i felt matched the reality and mood of the film.

Only bad thing about the two programs mentioned above is the price - they are licensed software that requires you to do an investment. DaVinci Resolve is said to be a freeware, but I have no experience with it.
2017-4-19
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Nice video and breathtaking landscape. I hope I can go to Norway soon to do some filming there ;) One quick hint: When you tilt your camera, cut the scene before the tilt comes to a stop. You did that a couple of times and it takes away that "movie magic" and shows the viewer that this is "just" a drone and the camera's tilt angle stops here. ;)
2017-4-20
Use props
Juanreta_garcia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246004 ft
Spain

Very nice video, and great editing. I like the transitions of the images with the music. The scenery of that country is beautiful.

I just got back from my Easter holidays from the Lofoten Islands and I have to say is one of the most beautiful places places I have ever seen. Hope to show my works soon!!!

2017-4-20
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

fivetonine Posted at 2017-4-20 00:07
Nice video and breathtaking landscape. I hope I can go to Norway soon to do some filming there ;) One quick hint: When you tilt your camera, cut the scene before the tilt comes to a stop. You did that a couple of times and it takes away that "movie magic" and shows the viewer that this is "just" a drone and the camera's tilt angle stops here. ;)

Thanks alot, and I appreciate your feedback!
2017-4-20
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

Juanreta_garcia Posted at 2017-4-20 09:25
Very nice video, and great editing. I like the transitions of the images with the music. The scenery of that country is beautiful.

I just got back from my Easter holidays from the Lofoten Islands and I have to say is one of the most beautiful places places I have ever seen. Hope to show my works soon!!!

Thanks alot!
Oh yes, Lofoten is absolutely stunning, its one of our treasures!
Looking forward to seeing your footage, especially since the weather in northern Norway was exceptional that weekend!

Marius.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules