Facebook Live Causing Issues on P4P+
536 2 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

I have two questions regarding the FB Live feature for those who have experience or for a DJI customer service rep. Over the weekend I finally attempted to try the Facebook live option with my P4P+ remote with display while at a location and I went "live" before taking off but once I hovered I kept receiving messages on my remote's display saying that the aircraft was disconnected, then it would reconnect, then disconnect; it was scary! Luckily I had it hovering about 20 feet from me and no more than 15 feet off the ground and I kept it there to see how long it kept repeating this error. Well, it kept doing it a few more times and eventually the remote said the aircraft was ready for takeoff!! At that moment I decided to land it instead. It was behaving so unusual!! Has anybody else experienced this? Have you been able to do a Facebook live stream successfully from a P4P+ remote that's connected to your phone's hotspot? The other message I was seeing is that there was possible interference from my 2.4Ghz WiFi connection, although I had the remote set to 5.8Ghz. So strange! After I landed I reviewed the Facebook live video and it seemed fine to me, it kept transmitting without issues. I wish I would've kept the video but I deleted it from Facebook.

My other question is, on the Facebook live stream from the P4P+ remote with display, is it possible to change to a different page under the same account? I manage my business's account with my personal Facebook login and I did not see an option to switch from my personal account. I also have the P4P remote without display and I'm using an iPad mini and I was able to switch the page by clicking on an arrow next to my Facebook profile name, I did not see this option on the P4P+ remote. Has anyone dealt with this?

Oh and one more question, I have yet to test this out but I'm curious- is it possible to record as you normally do while streaming live on Facebook? Thanks all!
2017-4-19
Use props
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
United States

I can only answer your last question since my setup is only P4P using IPad Air2, you can record and even take picture awhile streaming Facebook. The only issue I dislike with Facebook Live with P4P is it drops the quality. Wish I could stream 4k
2017-4-19
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Great! Thanks for the reply! I can't wait to try it out.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules