Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI - Terrible Customer Service (Support Whitewashing)
78578 78578 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MentalEcho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

Sorry guys.. Bear with  me... I'm a bit agitated here, so...

I'd caution anyone who stumbles into this forum researching if they should buy a Mavic or not to think twice before giving DJI any of your money... Personally, I won't be buying another DJI product - I actually intend to sell all of my DJI products because they've slowly killed the fun in piloting for me.

My story with my Mavic begins a couple of months back, when I decided that the Mavic Pro would make an excellent addition to my arsenal of quads/drones.  Having purchased 2 DJI quads before, I felt comfortably with DJI products and decided to shell out ~$1400 for the Fly More package - buying directly from DJI...  This is something that I regret doing so very much now - I really just wish they'd take all of this junk back and give me a refund to be completely honest (would save me the hassle of selling this refurb unit for a huge loss at no fault of my own).

On my very first flight I encountered an issue where the Gimbal/Camera freaks out (check my post history)... At the urging of DJI support, I reached out to the community for guidance/assistance - basically troubleshooting to see if perhaps my tablet was creating interference, if my SD card was contributing, and the sort... Ultimately, DJI concluded after troubleshooting that I needed to send my unit in for repair - which I was assured would be a quick process...

Queue nightmare...  It's now been nearly 1 month since I sent my Mavic in to DJI with no real progress... Sure, they bump through status updates from time to time - but none of what they assure ever turns out to be the truth... Timelines have been blown by magnitudes - when they say "3-4 days", what they really mean is "3 to infinite days"...  And if you try to call in with the hopes of getting real support, you will just get more of the same friendly worthless fluff - empty assurances and outright lies (Yes, I've been directly lied to no less than 3 times now)...  Assurances to expedite without delivery, guarantees of a callback without a callback, promises of follow-up emails without follow-up emails actually being sent - the list goes on...

Basically, once you give them your money, you better hope that you don't get a lemon - because if you do get a defective unit (the odds of this are high - just read around), you're at their mercy...and they are not merciful...  They know they have your money, they refuse to do anything resembling fair, they know you're stuck until they decided to unstick you – you will be helpless to do anything... You can call in and complain, you can ask to speak to supervisors/managers - all until you're blue in the face and still standing in square 1...  Their excuses for delays have largely centered around availability of parts (reading around, I guess a lot of people are having this issue, so...) - so as the paying customer, you get to suffer through an extended downtime at their fault, all while they are continuing to send out new units to new customers while they hold on to your money and your device...  In no world is this a fair resolution for their paying customers... And we're not talking about a device that became defective after extended use 6 months into ownership, which would make a bit more sense - we're talking about "DEFECTIVE OUT OF THE BOX AT NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN" and you get left holding the empty bag while they ride to the bank with your money...  Best case scenario for me, as it stands, is that I will get a refurbished unit within the next couple of months that I paid $1400 directly to DJI for more than a month ago – and they will act like they did me a favor for not charging more…

To me, since my unit was defective from day 1, the fair thing to have done was to take back my defective unit and to send me a new unit as a replacement...  Everyone would have been happy - I'd not have felt like I was getting abused as a customer and they'd have had what are clearly much needed parts... Easy peasy... I paid them $1400 for a new unit - why should I be forced to wait months and then forced to accept a refurb unit when they are ultimately to blame for the original defective unit? But for whatever reason, DJI doesn't see it this way - essentially, DJI feels that they owe you nothing of the sort and that you should just be happy that they're even willing to fix it in the first place... I'm not kidding - they will say this over and over again when you call in... "We are fixing this unit at no cost to you!" will be their response to your complaints... "Oh, well.. Since you put it that way... when considering my only contribution to this situation was trusting in you brand... since this clearly should be covered at no cost to me... Thank you so much for repairing the NEW unit that I paid $1400 for that you sent out damaged to begin with... Such a merciful god..."  It's garbage...

Again... Just putting this out here as a cautionary tale to any potential victims...  Read around in this forum and the other popular forums/subreddits before pulling the trigger - dig deep enough and you will find ample cause for pause before giving them your hard earned money...  Never again…

2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I paid $1400 directly to DJI

As much as I love the Mavic, it's unlikely that I'd ever buy from DJI directly because of their very narrow return policies and because the likelihood of getting a lemon is significantly greater than zero. I wouldn't advise anyone not to buy as you did here, but I'd recommend going through a retailer like NewEgg, Amazon, or Apple instead so as not to be at DJI's mercy.
2017-4-19
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-19 09:26
I paid $1400 directly to DJI

As much as I love the Mavic, it's unlikely that I'd ever buy from DJI directly because of their very narrow return policies and because the likelihood of getting a lemon is significantly greater than zero. I wouldn't advise anyone not to buy as you did here, but I'd recommend going through a retailer like NewEgg, Amazon, or Apple instead so as not to be at DJI's mercy.

Yeah.. Lesson learned - but my take away is "DJI won't get another dime of mine"... Sure, they have a corner on the market now, but it's just a matter of time before another Chinese manufacturer comes along with a comparable product... I can't trust their brand now, no matter who I buy it through (unless Costco started selling them, in which case their return policy may make it worth the risk - because there's apparently a huge risk)...
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi MentalEcho, please refer to our after-sales service policy.
Service policy.png
Your aircraft may be replaced by refurbished good which has been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued.
And the replacement also have the same warranty. There's no need to worry about it.
If there's any issue about the aircraft, please feel free to let me know. We are always here to help.
2017-4-19
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-19 19:22
Hi MentalEcho, please refer to our after-sales service policy.
[view_image]
Your aircraft may be replaced by refurbished good which has been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.

Thanks for quoting the policy to me?  I've read it before, but I don't think that it's mere presence makes it the most fair policy.  

Take this analogy: You sell rocking chairs. You have a bunch of rocking chairs sitting on your porch - 200 of them... I see them, like them and ask if you'll sell me one.  You agree - indicating that you will ship me a brand new rocking chair to my address ASAP.  As soon as the rocking chair arrives, before I can even rock in it once, a leg has fallen off - and you notice that the leg was never actually attached and instead a stick was taped up instead. I contact you about the problem, knowing you have over 100 chairs still in your inventory. Would it be most fair for you to send me a new chair that correctly works for the new chair that I paid you for? Or would it be most fair for you to say "Well, that wood is a scarcity. Sorry that your chair never worked, but I will fix it for you. Just mail it back into me and then wait a couple of months - once I get around to finding the wood, making the part, and fixing your chair then I will send it back to you - but I won't send you one of these new, functional chairs like you thought you were buying. I sold you a broken chair, so your only option is to accept this broken chair when I fix it. But, hey! At least I'm willing to do it for free!

That's not fair - even if it's the written policy.  My Mavic was defective out of the box. DJI sent me a broken unit at no fault of my own. Now I have a less valuable aircraft with only one party to blame - DJI.

Additionally,  the presence of this policy doesn't negate the terrible service that DJI provides. 2X - 3X longer for every step of the repair process.  Lies told to customers repeatedly (I've been lied to with assurances of followups and callbacks 3 times now).  And this isn't just me, one less than happy customer, who's saying this - there are many hundreds of people saying this on here, MavicPilots and Reddit...

But thanks for pasting the policy, admin.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-4-20 03:57
Thanks for quoting the policy to me?  I've read it before, but I don't think that it's mere presence makes it the most fair policy.  

Take this analogy: You sell rocking chairs. You have a bunch of rocking chairs sitting on your porch - 200 of them... I see them, like them and ask if you'll sell me one.  You agree - indicating that you will ship me a brand new rocking chair to my address ASAP.  As soon as the rocking chair arrives, before I can even rock in it once, a leg has fallen off - and you notice that the leg was never actually attached and instead a stick was taped up instead. I contact you about the problem, knowing you have over 100 chairs still in your inventory. Would it be most fair for you to send me a new chair that correctly works for the new chair that I paid you for? Or would it be most fair for you to say "Well, that wood is a scarcity. Sorry that your chair never worked, but I will fix it for you. Just mail it back into me and then wait a couple of months - once I get around to finding the wood, making the part, and fixing your chair then I will send it back to you - but I won't send you one of these new, functional chairs like you thought you were buying. I sold you a broken chair, so your only option is to accept this broken chair when I fix it. But, hey! At least I'm willing to do it for free!

I can comprehend your feelings and we are really sorry to hear about the experience of defective aircraft.
Do you have any issue about the replacement aircraft ?
2017-4-22
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-22 00:12
I can comprehend your feelings and we are really sorry to hear about the experience of defective aircraft.
Do you have any issue about the replacement aircraft ?

Yes, the same issue that I sent it in for still exists - has happened 3 times now in my 4 test flights since it was returned a few days ago...  It is also seems to be drifting to the left now more than it was...

Now I am faced with living with these 2 issues until they kill my Mavic or once again trusting DJI to do the right thing, which I have little faith in now.

I've began talking to my credit card company and they seem to think that we can dispute the charge since DJI has never lived up to their end of our agreement since they've never sent me a 100% functional new product for the $1400 that I gave them... Perhaps that's the only way to make DJI do what's right - just have my CC companies legal team to take the money from them.
2017-4-25
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

Since the issues have continued following "repair", I've opened up a new support case - stating that the only acceptable outcome this time is to replace my defective-out-of-the-box Mavic with a non-defective, non-refurbished NEW Mavic - otherwise I will be going through the charge back / dispute process with my credit card provider.   I'm still waiting on my shipping label, which is ridiculous - every other site on the Internet can manage to issue a shipping label instantly, but DJI takes hours or days.. It really does seems like DJI likes to infuriate their customers.

My credit card provider has indicated that this issue qualifies as an incident that they will pursue on my behalf - that DJI is technically in breach of our agreement which was "I give DJI my money and DJI gives me a functional new Mavic Pro".  Of course I'm here because DJI to date has only given me a defective unit, which is not what I paid them for, and so far they've refused to provide me with the product that I paid them a lot of money for (e.g. A non defective functional new Mavic).  Today DJI Support indicated  that I still have to go through the process of sending the Mavic Pro and Controller in to the warranty repair center for review - but that he was making note of a request to provide me with a new unit as a replacement for the defective one.

Of course, I'd rather just send my Mavic and the Fly More Combo back in in its entirety and simply be provided with a replacement Mavic and Fly More Combo or to just be issued a refund for everything plus the Care agreement I purchased for this piece of junk - DJI really seems to like to waste the time of their paying customers, which is terrible customer service.   I am giving DJI one last chance here to redeem themselves at least a little bit to me - if they fail, I will be leveraging the full power of my credit card company and I will continue to share my negative DJI experiences with anyone who cares to listen.

To the point of "sharing negative experiences", while DJI may not think this is something that they need to worry about, I disagree.  Just yesterday, by sharing my terrible Mavic experiences in a popular deal forum (SD) in a thread about a Mavic, I had 3 people respond to me that they were going to buy a Mavic because of the $50-off discount, but opted to not trust DJI after reading my experience. Similarly, I've had multiple people DM through another popular site ("The Front Page of the Internet") indicating that they would not be buying a Mavic because of my shared negative experiences on that forum. I also have a friend who was going to buy his son a Mavic for his upcoming birthday - who has now decided to not buy a Mavic based on my experiences.  DJI needs to take note - even the little guy can make waves.  I've not once asked for anything special - all I have requested of DJI is fairness... I've only asked that they give me what I've already paid for - yet for some reason, they seem to be refusing to do that.  Hoping things turn out differently this time.
2017-4-25
Use props
ScottyCopter
New

United States

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-4-20 03:57

Here here!!!  great post
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-4-25 04:13
Yes, the same issue that I sent it in for still exists - has happened 3 times now in my 4 test flights since it was returned a few days ago...  It is also seems to be drifting to the left now more than it was...

Now I am faced with living with these 2 issues until they kill my Mavic or once again trusting DJI to do the right thing, which I have little faith in now.

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to escalate it for you.
2017-4-26
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-26 00:43
We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to escalate it for you.

Thanks, Admin.

I've send the case number in a Direct Message - please let me know if there are any issues getting it from there.

I do appreciate your assistance on the matter... It just stinks feeling like you're getting screwed over in a bad way by someone that you previously trusted, which is exactly how a lot of us feel dealing with DJI now.

As I've stated to DJI - the only resolution here is to send me a NEW Mavic... I really, really hope that they aren't just wasting even more of my time than the month+ that they've already wasted... If they aren't going to do the right thing and send me a new one for the new one that I paid them for, I just want to go ahead and get the CC dispute process started - I've been without my $1400 for 2 months now and still don't have a Mavic that I can safely fly, which is just ridiculous...

And while we're on the topic of ridiculousness - I still don't have a expedited UPS shipping label 20hrs later!  I mean, seriously - what gives?! Every other company on the planet can manage to get one sent out instantaneously - is DJI having someone hand paint the labels before scanning them in and sending them out?!  There's no excuse, other than intentionally delaying your customers, to take days to send out a UPS label...  This is just one example of how people feel abused by DJI - it seems that they've maximized the negative forced on their customers for every step of this process...
2017-4-26
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

Why does this post's title keep getting changed?!  Can the admins please stop trying to white wash this 'terrible support' issue by changing the name of this discussion to something more favorable towards DJI?!
2017-4-26
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

28 hours since opening a case and still no UPS label... I contacted support to inquire - and in traditional fashion, I was NOT helped in a very friendly seeming way... In what world is this acceptable?  Name one other reputable company that takes more than a few minutes to issue a shipping label.  I believe that this is just one more way that DJI has found to inconvenience their customers - they seemingly make this as painful of a process as they can each step of the way for their customers. Terrible service.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-4-26 04:48
Thanks, Admin.

I've send the case number in a Direct Message - please let me know if there are any issues getting it from there.

Thank you. I have checked your case. It was created yesterday.
And it will takes about 1-2 business days to send you the shipping label.
I have added a note to your case and make sure they send you the shipping label as soon as possible.
We appreciate your understanding.
2017-4-26
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

My case was created on 4/25/2017 @ 12:00 PM CST.  Right now, it's 4/27/2017 @ ~7:00 AM CST.  So, 43 hrs have passed and DJI hasn't managed to figure out how to send out a shipping label yet.

Like I posited: Name one other legitimate company which operates online and regularly deals in shipping items that takes more than a few minutes to send out a shipping label... Name one... I bet you can't... I sure can't think of one... Because this is 101 stuff...  DJI could also send out UPS labels in a timely manner, but they don't... Why don't they?  They could be technically incapable, which doesn't speak highly of them as a company - and is also difficult to believe when considering they are a high tech company..  They could also just be intentionally delaying the process because it's cheaper for them and also causes people to give up hope allowing them to keep money without actually performing repairs/replacements - this seems far more likely than they don't have the technical capability to issue labels in a timely manner.

But what options do I have?  None - and DJI knows it.  So I will continue to wait the remaining 5hrs left in this 48hr span - and then I will likely continue to wait more in the likely scenario that they don't send it out in the agreed upon timeframe, which has pretty much been the case across the broad when it comes to DJI's timeframes. 2 - 3 = 6 days.

I'd urge anyone considering buying a Mavic, or any DJI products, to spend an hour or two in this forum - I sure wish I'd have done this... I think anyone with half a functioning brain would find it difficult to give DJI $1000+ after reading other's experiences in here... And if this forum isn't enough, I'd urge they head over to Twitter and read the interactions with @DJISupport - TONS of very unhappy people who've been getting the DJI special treatment for months without a fair resolution... Shady, shady.

Thanks again, admin.
2017-4-27
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

Another question, Admin.

I paid for DJI Care Refresh. This was supposed to give me priority treatment. Am I getting priority treatment?  If so, I really feel very badly for people who don't get priority treatment - I can only assume they have to sacrifice their firstborn to even get someone to answer the phone.

And to the point of the $100 Care Refresh... Since I will likely have missed out on 2-3 months of flying as a result of DJI's terrible customer service and quality control, will DJI pay me 1/3 of the $100 back?  Will DJI extend the DJI Care window for 2-3 months?  It's only fair - I paid for this coverage, which I can't use as a result of DJIs err...

Thanks again, admin.
2017-4-27
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

Guess what?  

Guess!  

Come on... Just try to guess... Don't be a spoilsport...

Give up?

Guess what I still don't have some 48+hrs later?

Despite no less than 3 assurances that this step of the process was going to be expedited (the very most basic step of simply providing me with the shipping label), and despite the claim that this will be a 24-48hr process, I still don't have my label... Rolling into day 3 - and I still don't have a shipping label. 2 days in a row, I've been promised a call back - guess how many of those I've gotten so far... Zero.

Let's just keep pretending that DJI's support is good and that this is an acceptable way to handle your customers. No one is buying it and if I can help it fewer people will be buying your products.
2017-4-27
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

Update: Yay! The UPS shipping label just arrived a minute ago... and it only took ~49hrs... What lightning fast service!!!

Admittedly, I am terrified to think of how long this next step is going to take... Seeing people on Twitter talking about having sent theirs in 12/2016, still no Mavic in hand and DJI no longer helping them has me scared.. I bought this device for my travels - and I've already missed out on one of my trips and I have another big trip coming up in 2 weeks which I figure will be missed

Also, no one seems to want to answer me: Since DJI will have had my Mavic for ~2mo (if I'm lucky) and since I paid for 12mo of Care Refresh for $100, shouldn't DJI be extending the expiration date of my policy for the length of time that my unit has been out of my possession as a result of their manufacture defects and poor quality control?
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-4-27 09:44
Update: Yay! The UPS shipping label just arrived a minute ago... and it only took ~49hrs... What lightning fast service!!!

Admittedly, I am terrified to think of how long this next step is going to take... Seeing people on Twitter talking about having sent theirs in 12/2016, still no Mavic in hand and DJI no longer helping them has me scared.. I bought this device for my travels - and I've already missed out on one of my trips and I have another big trip coming up in 2 weeks which I figure will be missed

I have checked your case again, it has been updated early today.
Hope everything goes well and we appreciate your patience. If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know. Please remember to click "reply" button so I can see you are responding to me.
2017-5-5
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-5 02:42
I have checked your case again, it has been updated early today.
Hope everything goes well and we appreciate your patience. If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know. Please remember to click "reply" button so I can see you are responding to me.

Thanks for checking in.  I notice that it says that it's currently in the 'conducting damage assessment' step... Really hoping that the promises of a new replacement craft made by supervisors is honored soon - as I told them, I am leaving for another trip very soon and so need my new unit back in a week's time...
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-5 06:31
Thanks for checking in.  I notice that it says that it's currently in the 'conducting damage assessment' step... Really hoping that the promises of a new replacement craft made by supervisors is honored soon - as I told them, I am leaving for another trip very soon and so need my new unit back in a week's time...

I have added a note to your case to make sure they follow up with your case as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2017-5-7
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

WHY, DJI???!  Why can't you ever do things that you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do them... Any how on earth do you expect that your customers are just supposed to be okay with this?!  I honestly don't understand your mindset unless your mindset is "HAHA! GOT YOUR MONEY, SUCKER!", in which case it makes perfect sense.

I was told "it will take about a week" two+ weeks ago... I was told "it will ship within 2 days" 3 days ago (which means "in less than 2 days" in case you didn't know). I was told today that it most likely won't ship this week and instead will most likely ship on Monday.  I am sure that I will be told Monday that it will most likely be some later date - BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT DJI DOES 100% OF THE TIME.  

As I've told every tech and supervisor that I've talked to - I LEAVE AT THE BEGINNING OF NEXT WEEK AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT... Each time I've told this to an agent/supervisor, I've been "personally ASSURED" that it would be sent out on time...ONLY TO CONTINUE TO HAVE IT DELAYED...

I just don't understand...  It would be easy to make your customers happy - just stop screwing them over...  Honor your promises. Don't lie. Right your wrongs.  We're talking basic customer service here - how can you guys not comprehend this?!  More lies today.. I've been told twice that I will get a call today before 12 - here it is at 12:40 and guess what's not happened?  Garbage support.  

Start being honest with your customers... When we call and complain or when we complain on here, just tell us the truth - something like this: "We don't care. If you'd like, I can lie to you saying what you want to hear and then continue to do exactly as we please at your cost and continued wasted time. Otherwise, just shut up and wait until we decide to address your issues - if we ever actually do address your issues."  Because this quote is so much more the truth than anything that DJI has told me to date.

I've opened a case with my credit provider.  I can only hope that they do a chargeback and come after DJI for any additional operational/legal costs incurred during the process.
2017-5-12
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

...and now I am getting invoices from DJI - long after being told that this manufacturer's defect was going to be covered free of charge to me, long after I've been told that everything except shipping has been completed, long after I was promised that I'd have my Mavic back in my hands... What gives, DJI?
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-15 06:08
...and now I am getting invoices from DJI - long after being told that this manufacturer's defect was going to be covered free of charge to me, long after I've been told that everything except shipping has been completed, long after I was promised that I'd have my Mavic back in my hands... What gives, DJI?

Sorry for your experience, we checked your case, it has been shipped out,  we sent you an e-mail as well about the tracking number, hope you would receive it soon. For any further questions, please keep us posted, thanks.
2017-5-17
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-17 00:25
Sorry for your experience, we checked your case, it has been shipped out,  we sent you an e-mail as well about the tracking number, hope you would receive it soon. For any further questions, please keep us posted, thanks.

No, it's not been shipped out... More lies out of DJI - just about the only thing that I can depend on in our relationship...  A shipping label was printed 4 days ago - that's not the same as it being shipped...  

You guys have failed me at every step of this process... DJI acts helpful on social media to save face and then actually does nothing to assist their customer... I'm done with you brand and will tell everyone who will listen to avoid you (and I have plenty of supporting evidence for my suggestion)...

DJI is such a joke..  "We will upgrade your shipping to 2 day shipping - see we're helpful" - then will wait a week to actually ship it... I've said it before and I will say it again - it seems like you guys try to mess with your customers... No other company that I've dealt with acts like this - either DJI as a company is truly incompetent or they're intentionally providing poor customer service...

But please.... Let's try to convince the Internet that we're helping...  Let's respond on social media that we've already shipped it and act like the customer just needs to check their email (exactly what DJI has done with me on Twitter, here, Youtube, Facebook)... Lies, lies, lies...  I know it's likely to take months to complete, but I have began a dispute against my Mavic purchase (I PAID YOU GUYS IN FEB AND HAVE BEEN WITHOUT MY BRAND NEW MAVIC FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS!!!!!) - and I have also began talking to a lawyer.  I'm so done.
2017-5-19
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

...and it was shipped out late last night... Why do we have to throw a fit to get anything out of DJI (just search 'djisupport' on Twitter and then view latest - lots of people stating the same)... We'll see how everything shakes out with the charge dispute - I don't want this garbage anymore and I've lost all trust in the DJI brand.
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-20 05:30
...and it was shipped out late last night... Why do we have to throw a fit to get anything out of DJI (just search 'djisupport' on Twitter and then view latest - lots of people stating the same)... We'll see how everything shakes out with the charge dispute - I don't want this garbage anymore and I've lost all trust in the DJI brand.

Sincerely sorry to have kept you waiting to get it back, we're working very hard to speed up the process so  everything will be resolved more quickly, thanks for your support!
2017-5-20
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-20 23:43
Sincerely sorry to have kept you waiting to get it back, we're working very hard to speed up the process so  everything will be resolved more quickly, thanks for your support!

I do appreciate your chiming in regular DJI Natalia. I really do hope that DJI truly works to improve this process...  As it stands, customers are left feeling helpless and with little recourse - it feels as if we're intentionally being jerked around for DJI's convenience, with little concern for our losses.  Almost everyone with DJI is very friendly and seems to desire to be helpful - but this quickly comes across as an empty gesture to customers, as we're forced to continue to wait months for DJI to provide a resolution.  Then, when we become frustrating, we start looking elsewhere for assistance - which quickly leads us down the nightmare tunnel of bad DJI support, as there are people complaining EVERYWHERE on the internet (one example: just search 'djisupport' on Twitter and then click 'Latest' to see lots of customers who are at their wit's end - some of which who've been trying to get assistance since 2016).

2017-5-22
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

....and now I have to drive 40 minutes to pick up my Mavic which has finally, after much delay, made it's way to my city... Why would I have to go pick it up rather than have it delivered to my home, you may be wondering... Because DJI is so freaking awesome that they failed to actually put my address on the shipping label, and so all UPS had to go on was my Name, City, State and Zip - no street address... Fortunately, UPS's policy on things like this it to hold it for customer pickup for 5 days... So... Now I get to drive 40 mins (each way) to get this stupid hunk of junk... DJI - you wonder why people stay so ticked off with you and grow to lose all faith in you as a company?  It's stuff like this... And we get it - accidents happen.. But "all of the accidents" don't just happen unless you're inept at what you do - and it seems all of the accidents happen when dealing with DJI...  Icing on the freaking cake...
2017-5-23
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-20 23:43

Why.. Why would I ever expect you guys to do something right?  Seems stupid of me looking back on our interactions to date...
You sent me a beat up, filthy Phantom 3 Standard to replace my brand new Mavic Pro that's been defective since day one...

I've talked to no less than a dozen people over the past month at DJI who've assured me that I'd be properly taken care of...  

You guys didn't even properly ship this incorrect device - you shipped it without a street address, which required me to drive 40 mins away to pick it up...

How can you explain the handling of my cases to date, short of "we try to enrage our customers on purpose in the hopes they get tired and let us keep their money"?  You weren't just given one change to make this right, you weren't just given 2, you've been given 3 - with each support encounter coming out worse than the last...

This is the worst customer support experience I've had in my entire life.. I'm so exhausted by this all... I just don't even know what to do... As a 36yr gown man, I've teetering between rage and just wanting to cry... $1400... I gave you my trust and $1400 of my money in Febrary - and I have nothing to show for it except someone else's P3S and countless wasted hours with no end in sight...

I don't trust you, DJI - and I will tell everyone who will listen to me not to trust you.  You guys can keep claiming my situation to be an isolated incident, but a quick search on the Internet will yeild countless other people in similar situation - desperately trying to figure out the magical approach to actually get assistance from DJI.  It's disgraceful - and I'm pretty sure this can't be legal...
2017-5-23
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

...speechless...  Just got a follow up email from Support....

-----

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting DJI!

Basing it on our factual information from the check-out ​details, we did send out a Mavic as a replacement. They are now contacting UPS to file a claim and verify what happened, there could be some mix-up on UPS' side. I am now inquiring what their resolution on the case is.​

Should you have questions, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

[REDACTED].
DJI Compliance Team

----

Seriously.. How do you guys sleep... The long and short of this is "DJI has stolen $1400 from me"... I'm contacting a lawyer.
2017-5-23
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

what a mess
2017-5-23
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

Yeah.. It sucks... And it honestly feels like that they don't just "not care", but worse yet that they get some kind of kick out of driving people nuts... They make you feel bad for being upset about them stealing $1400 from you...  leaves you feeling exploited, taken advantage of, and having no recourse (I mean, let's be honest - hire a lawyer and spending years of dragging this out currently seems the best option, and that's an option no one "wants". I paid for a working Mavic - I wanted a working Mavic. Easy as that.).
I've since recieved a handful more of communications from support... someone stating to be a 'Senior Supervisor' (of the 3 supervisors that I've talked to to date, none have done me any actual assistance good - but here's to hoping this one is different)... The rep that I am talking to has been very friendly - but they are all always friendly, which means little without actually following through and ensuring a fair resolution (I've been told "I will personally keep an eye on this" by 2 supervisors to date - they've never followed up and here I am today).

In review, there were 2 tracking numbers provided within a few days of each other for this incident. They're claiming that they are going to ensure a new unit gets to me, either via the one they claim UPS has lost or via sending "another" replacement... How they are saying it, however, concerns me... When thinking it through, it's kinda difficult for me to believe anything that they tell me, but I'm trying to remain hopeful (god - I feel stupid)...

But back to the thinking it through thing...
- 4/19 - I notified DJI that the returned 'repaired' Mavic still had the original issue for which it was sent into repair for. I talked to support trying to get agreement that I'd be issued a functional new unit to replace the defective unit they provided me with.
- 4/25 - I was notified I would issued an expidited return label
- 4/27 - I was issued an expidited return label
- 4/28 - I shipped out the Mavic to DJI using the provided label
- 5/2 - package delivered to DJI - 'analysis begins'...and continues for 13 days...I was told "1 week turn around" by a friendly, yet not helpful supervisor
- 5/15 - DJI send me a USP tracking number for a 2 day package on 5/15 - notice came from official dji.com support email address. This tracking number had zero movement or status updates until today (details chronologically below). DJI claims this package was the brand new replacement Mavic.
- 5/19 - I emailed DJI 5/19 to ask why there'd been no movement on my tracking. DJI apologized, indicating "We are currently experiencing an unexpected delays due to large number of repaired units that need to be sent out." (why does DJI always make their problems their customer's problem?)
- 5/19 - UPS sent me a different tracking number on 5/19 after my email with DJI - this notification came directly from UPS ("UPS Quantum View <pkginfo@ups.com>"). Tracking updated regularly - lots of activity as is expected for 2 day package from E to W coast.
- 5/23 - I checked the DJI provided tracking - no updates (still not showing as actually picked up - "label has been created")
- 5/23 - I check UPS provided tracking, status indicates "The receiver requested this package to be held for pickup at the UPS facility", which confused me as I certainly did not ask for this to be held (40 min drive to facility)
- 5/23 - I call UPS about confusing status - am told the package is actually being held because the shipper neglected to provide a street address (only provided name/phone/city/state/zip). I am told that I can come pick up the package at the UPS facility within the next 5 days.
- 5/23 - I drive 40 minutes to UPS facility. Upon arrival, I notice the box is larger than expected for a Mavic; I foolishly believe 'perhaps DJI is trying to make amends'. Upon opening the package (UPS provided tracking), I see a dirty/battered P3S box with an affixed 'refurb' sticker - the craft and accessories are haphazardly tossed in the box along side of empty packaging/boxes.
- 5/23 - I call DJI (less than pleased) and request to speak to a manager after a brisk 30 minute hold. I am transferred to a 'Senior Supervisor' who is very friendly.
- 5/23 - I am sent the previously shared ("UPS's fault") email.
- 5/23 - I am sent additional communications. Last communication states "the moment is if UPS finds it, they'll send it and if not, then that's when we send you a unit."

"the moment is if UPS finds it, they'll send it and if not, then that's when we send you a unit." - this concerns me.  I paid DJI $1400 in Feb. I've wasted so much time and energy since Feb. All of the time and energy wasted since Feb has been the fault of DJI - my only contribution to the fault has been to trust them with my money to begin with...  This reads to me as "We messed up again - you have to wait until we can figure out the best way to work this out to our benefit. We're totes here to 'help' you."
The package never showed any movement or update on tracking - until today. Today, after this new stink began, the UPS status was updated to "We're attempting to verify the package location. / Lost package investigation"

Also... Not saying that anyone is lying, but I'm certainly confused... DJI tracking on 5/15 - no movement until I made a fuss today (5/23). 5/19 I called in and made a stink, was given an excuse about how busy poor ol' DJI is to explain the delay, and them I am issued a new tracking number (UPS provided) shortly thereafter...  To me, this seemed like "Crap. We said we'd send it out more than a week ago via 2-day shipping and he's calling us out on it - someone go grab that box and get it out the door ASAP".  DJI's story seems to be "We sent you one on 5/15 that UPS lost. We don't know why UPS seemingly randomly decided to issue you a new tracking number, grab a P3S out of their lost and found and give it to you"...just doesn't sound logical... I've wracked my brain trying to think of a scenario that makes the ordering of events make any sense... Unfortunately, DJI hasn't been particularly forthcoming with sensible explanations to date - so it's likely to remain a forever mystery...

Unfortunately, this ultimately sounds like more "you pay for our continued screwups, stupid helpless customer" to my ears... I feel stupid for even saying what I am about to say - and what I've said so many times before... I'm just still kinda hoping that DJI finally does me right soon - that perhaps the right supervisor or manager will see this and fix it all (stockholm syndrome, anyone?). A boy can dream, can't he... Unfortunately, I know from my experience to date that this is highly unlikely - and that I still likely have a long road ahead of me...

2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

That's really frustrating, I sympathize with your situation, sincerely sorry for your experience.
We are aware of your case, and working on it now.
I replied your another thread, will help you follow up the case, hope we could get it sorted out soon.
2017-5-24
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-24 00:55
That's really frustrating, I sympathize with your situation, sincerely sorry for your experience.
We are aware of your case, and working on it now.
I replied your another thread, will help you follow up the case, hope we could get it sorted out soon.

Thanks for everyone being so friendly. Now if we can only get me some real help, all will be well in the world. Was super nice to get warned when I woke up this morning.
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-24 04:11
Thanks for everyone being so friendly. Now if we can only get me some real help, all will be well in the world. Was super nice to get warned when I woke up this morning.

We'll also keep an eye on it's progress, hope your kindly understanding, appreciate your patience!
2017-5-24
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-24 04:56
We'll also keep an eye on it's progress, hope your kindly understanding, appreciate your patience!

I lost my patience months ago (remember, I've been fighting with DJI for more than 2 months now). Now I am just waiting to take whatever mercy DJI sees fit to offer me because that's all that DJI will allow of me - hopefully it will be better than the P3S I was sent.
2017-5-24
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

dji has no trouble sleeping at night  They just read these threads and laugh so hard they cry, then wipe their tears with $100 bills.  After  tired of laughing, they roll around in a stack of our hard earned money
and fall blissfully asleep   
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansbdcccd8b Posted at 2017-5-25 05:51
dji has no trouble sleeping at night  They just read these threads and laugh so hard they cry, then wipe their tears with $100 bills.  After  tired of laughing, they roll around in a stack of our hard earned money
and fall blissfully asleep

Jamie is following up your case now, please keep us posted in your original post, thanks.
2017-5-26
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.3
United States

DJI!!! What gives?! I mean...seriously! Another week has passed and still I don't have my money or Mavic! THIS IS GARBAGE. I PAID YOU IN FEBRUARY!
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules