I'm done with Mavic and DJI Go for Android - crashes and disconnects
11989 121 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United States

I fly with the infamous galaxy s7 that gives out so many troubles and only had two disconnects:

First time was the side cable, which is cheap and broke after a few flights (that happens for iOS and Android devices)
Second time the USB port of my phone was full of dust.

Cleaned it up, no more disconnects anymore.

So... Have you tried to clean up the USB port of your cellphone?
2017-7-5
Use props
BigTomCallahan
New
United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-7-5 13:55
I fly with the infamous galaxy s7 that gives out so many troubles and only had two disconnects:

First time was the side cable, which is cheap and broke after a few flights (that happens for iOS and Android devices)

I am new to flying and had the same issue yesterday.  Drone was stationary above me--I walked 10 feet forward without moving the drone, just as that happened the app crashed.  The display showed a pixelated screen with a line coming across at about a 60 degree angle with one side lighter and one side very dark.  Before the app crashed, the drone was above me on a road, but this image once the app crashed made me think that maybe the drone crashed as well, landing in the surrounding marsh at an angle similar to the screen.

Thankfully, after finding the drone in the air, I pressed RTH on the controller (battery was on 30%) and went home.  Needless to say, this created a scare for me and now I am timid in flying off of this phone again.  My main phone is a Pixel 2 XL--this phone would not connect to the drone via USB-C to micro USB nor USB-C to USB.  Because of this, I checked the guaranteed to work device list and pulled out my old Galaxy 7 Edge.  I had no issues with this app aside from 1 grainy screen for about 2 seconds prior to this near scare.  

Does anyone have any suggestions aside from going to an apple product for flying only?  I am of the same viewpoint of many on here, which is that it is unacceptable for DJI to continually allow this to happen on Android but minimal occurrences on Apple.  Especially when I switched to a device on their list.  
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules