Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rank and Distance
1492 25 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I've noticed that each poster is assigned a rank beneath their name.  I've searched around this forum and cannot find anything that explains how it is assigned.  Does anyone have an explanation for that?  Also, I see most folks have a mileage number beneath their name.  I assume that number is meters, not feet?  And for those with no mileage showing, might that be Litchi users?  Some have some "senior" levels of rank, but no mileage.  As Yul Brenner said in the movie The King And I, "Is a puzzlement".  
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Stanford.
Rank is determined from the number of points you accumulate from posts and threads started.
Distance is determined from distance (not sure what the units are - feet or metres or doesn't care) synced into the DJI cloud. If no number, then I suspect they have never synced their flight records.
No, Litchi distance is not considered as part of the total, as flight records within that app cannot be synced to the DJI cloud. So the number can be misleading - as is mine, as my two Phantoms have travelled reasonable additional distances using Litchi.
2017-4-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The rank is assigned to you through the number of points you accumulate in this forum. Each post is worth several points, the more you post, the higher your rank will be. You can also lose points if your post is reported or downvoted, or the moderators object to it. The Flight Distance is an accumulation of the number of metres you have flown. Only people who sync their flight records to the DJI server will show distance.  If you don't sync your flight records (as I don't) you will not show any flight distance.
2017-4-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
United States

Thanks folks.  After reading all your replies, I went back onto the forum and replied to a few postings.  That moved me from "Beginner" to "Hobbyist".  Look out, one and all.  I could become commander in chief some day.  ;)
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-4-19 17:54
Thanks folks.  After reading all your replies, I went back onto the forum and replied to a few postings.  That moved me from "Beginner" to "Hobbyist".  Look out, one and all.  I could become commander in chief some day.  ;)

Haha! Today - the DJI forum. Tomorrow - the World !!
2017-4-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-4-19 17:54

Yes, just by talking a lot you can move up in the rankings. And you do9n't actually have to know what you are talking about either.

Reminds me of how someone got to be head of a whole country.
2017-4-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-19 20:50
Yes, just by talking a lot you can move up in the rankings. And you do9n't actually have to know what you are talking about either.

Reminds me of how someone got to be head of a whole country.

Now Now Now. I belong to the Elks, and they have one really good rule.  "No talking politics in the lodge". It does help folks stay friendly.  
2017-4-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-4-19 20:58
Now Now Now. I belong to the Elks, and they have one really good rule.  "No talking politics in the lodge". It does help folks stay friendly.

Hmm, you don't know who I am talking about. Currently it applies to about 6 nations I can think of.
2017-4-19
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-19 17:33
Only people who sync their flight records to the DJI server will show distance.

Yet I sync my records every time and have never seen my flight distance published.  Seems to be a competitive feature for the young-un's, doesn't really interest me.  It also lacks the icons for DJI products owned/registered as well.
2017-4-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

endotherm Posted at 2017-4-20 03:30
Yet I sync my records every time and have never seen my flight distance published.  Seems to be a competitive feature for the young-un's, doesn't really interest me.  It also lacks the icons for DJI products owned/registered as well.

Yeah, odd that.
2017-4-20
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

My only complaint is that it keeps insisting I am Canadian.  I don't even like beer.  Or cold....
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, is the email that you use for the Forum the same one you use for your DJI account and, in turn Go/4 app?
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-4-20 15:07
My only complaint is that it keeps insisting I am Canadian.  I don't even like beer.  Or cold....

I've noticed that different browsers can sometimes translate the IP addresses to other countries. Just to clarify, which browser do you use?
2017-4-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 21:57
I've noticed that different browsers can sometimes translate the IP addresses to other countries. Just to clarify, which browser do you use?

I use Chrome (most people now do) and it shows Kneepuck in Canada.
2017-4-20
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 21:52
Just to clarify, is the email that you use for the Forum the same one you use for your DJI account and, in turn Go/4 app?

Seems to be, although I can't see where email addresses are listed in the respective settings pages.  I logged out of each and logged in again with the same address, so I assume everything is the same.  I can also go straight to the forum, logged in, from the Go app.  I notice all the information is present on my personal homepage.

homepage.png
2017-4-21
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 21:57

I use IE and have been right here is Southern California the whole time.
2017-4-21
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-4-21 10:54

I can't get google maps to show Kneepuck anywhere, US or Canada!
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-4-21 10:54

I'll forward this to the proper team to see where the issue lies when identifying IPs.
2017-4-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

If you use one email address for your Forum postings and another when registering the craft, that could happen.
2017-4-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-20 22:05
I use Chrome (most people now do) and it shows Kneepuck in Canada.

Do you use a VPN security program?
2017-4-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-21 17:47
Do you use a VPN security program?

No, I do not.
2017-4-21
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

The distance that's listed under your name is in meters so that's correct.
2017-4-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Ah - sorry, message meant for Kneepuck.... blind me
2017-4-21
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-21 17:46
If you use one email address for your Forum postings and another when registering the craft, that could happen.

I thought that made sense at first, but best I can tell I'm using the same address (who can remember what they used when they registered...).  It's not listed anywhere in the settings or account info.

I did notice my profile tells me I am an owner of a blue splodge, no actual pictures of DJI products like everyone else.
2017-4-22
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

endotherm Posted at 2017-4-22 08:36
I thought that made sense at first, but best I can tell I'm using the same address (who can remember what they used when they registered...).  It's not listed anywhere in the settings or account info.

I did notice my profile tells me I am an owner of a blue splodge, no actual pictures of DJI products like everyone else.

The Blue Splodge?  You got one already?  You must have special connections to Dji.  I hear it gets great battery life, but its gps is frequently confused as to location.
2017-5-5
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-5-5 07:25
The Blue Splodge?  You got one already?  You must have special connections to Dji.  I hear it gets great battery life, but its gps is frequently confused as to location.

Yeah, its the new top secret prototype with stealth technology.  Problem is I put it down somewhere and lost it, I wish they addressed that GPS problem so I can find it...
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules