Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is This Bad for The Mavic??
1916 13 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BentonJoyce
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

This accessory for the Mavic Looks super cool and I would definitely buy this but I was wondering if using the mavic in this way would damage it or mess it up over time. Any thoughts??

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ion/products/katana

2017-4-19
Use props
JayaTheCat
lvl.1
United States

I would assume so because the fan on mine kicks on just doing updates, I don't think it would be a good long term hand held video solution. Maybe every now and again if you really need it, but, beyond that I'd use something else.
2017-4-19
Use props
Aerial Gopher
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

There was a Mavic in the video?  Didn't notice.. eyes stuck on the candy..
2017-4-19
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Osmo, with wings!
2017-4-19
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

No!!! NO WAY.

My only argument with using the Mavic Pro as a hand-held Steady Cam.

That gimbal is designed to withstand flight turbulence. Compare the OSMO gyros to the Mavics, OSMO gyros are alot bigger and they are designed for. The Mavic camera has a narrow field of view as the OSMOs.
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

This accessory for the Mavic Looks super cool and I would definitely buy this but I was wondering if using the mavic in this way would damage it or mess it up over time. Any thoughts??

You'd better find out if she has expensive tastes first and make sure you can afford them. But if you can I think your Mavic will be fine; just don't let her fly it.
2017-4-20
Use props
K4Unl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 02:08

You'd better find out if she has expensive tastes first and make sure you can afford them. But if you can I think your Mavic will be fine; just don't let her fly it.

Wow that took me a while to figure out :')
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

K4Unl Posted at 2017-4-20 04:48
Wow that took me a while to figure out :')

Sorry about that; sometimes I'm just too subtle.
2017-4-20
Use props
BentonJoyce
Second Officer
United States

Gallacherboy Posted at 2017-4-20 00:36
No!!! NO WAY.

My only argument with using the Mavic Pro as a hand-held Steady Cam.

I feel like this would be okay on the mavic especially if you think about how much it has to handle in modes like sport mode... Wind, turbulence, sharp turns, and it holds up fine under that pressure I feel like having it in handheld would be way easier on the gimbal than some of the flying it goes through. I think the biggest concern would be overheating but I don't see why it would especially if you aren't engaging the motors at all. I don't think it would damage it personally but I wanted a majority opinion.
2017-4-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I've been looking at this: http://www.aero3d.co.uk/aero3d-p ... -steady-grip-handle
2017-4-21
Use props
BentonJoyce
Second Officer
United States

That looks pretty sick! I wonder how it feels holding it with all the weight up front.  This biggest reason I like this device from polar pro is because it has that mount on top so I can see what I am filming while holding the mavic. It's just a nice little rig. Also With how the app records audio now you could plug a mic into your phone and it could be pretty cool for that too.
2017-4-21
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Cool idea I think they could make it better if they added an single grip over the body to hold with one hand to get close to the ground clips also.
2017-4-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-4-21 09:45
That looks pretty sick! I wonder how it feels holding it with all the weight up front.  This biggest reason I like this device from polar pro is because it has that mount on top so I can see what I am filming while holding the mavic. It's just a nice little rig. Also With how the app records audio now you could plug a mic into your phone and it could be pretty cool for that too.

The same company offers a phone mount, but then you're up into the price range of the Katana product. I guess the determining factor might be how important it is to have a hand free while filming, or how ergonomic one is over the other?
2017-4-21
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-4-21 09:19
I feel like this would be okay on the mavic especially if you think about how much it has to handle in modes like sport mode... Wind, turbulence, sharp turns, and it holds up fine under that pressure I feel like having it in handheld would be way easier on the gimbal than some of the flying it goes through. I think the biggest concern would be overheating but I don't see why it would especially if you aren't engaging the motors at all. I don't think it would damage it personally but I wanted a majority opinion.

I personally would not do it but I get your point. I know that there is a lot of articles floating around about how good the Mavic Camera is for handheld shots. After updating my drone, the image quality looks great, DJI has done a really good job at fixing the hitches and glitches. Good topic to raise up
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules