Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sensor calibration error
2924 20 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I have recently crashed my drone several times even in p mode Ian's with the distance showing on the screen it still wonders into objects the last one being a steel building and when it hit the ground cracked the landing gear so I decided to replace it, now after installing new landing gear I get a backward vision sensor calibration error, precision hovering and obstacle avoidance may fail message constantly scrolling across the screen, the drone flies fine but sensors still don't stop it from flying into objects even this it shows the lines and tells distances on the screen also if I try to use auto land the drone goes crazy and flies all over the place, I have tried to calibrate sensors and it always says calibration failed, wires are all hooked up in the correct places and all connections are good no broken wires but looking at the sensors they are not exactly centered in the hole, could this be the problem or did I screw something else up ? any help would be great, thanks in advance...
phantom 4 pro, by the way after the crash before I put new landing gear on I never got the error it happened after I had taken it apart...
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Man... Just several times??? Don't fly and send it back to be looked at... it is dangerous to fly a DRUNK DRONE!!!
2017-4-20
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

Yes just several... it's my first drone so I'm still not very good at flying them, but in my defense the first time it crashed I used auto takeoff and it went up a few feet then took off into the side of my house without me touching the controller not sure why maybe some kind of interference but the sensors seldom ever seem to work... anyway just curious if I am the only one with this problem, I would like to get the error off my screen as it bugs the hell out of me...
2017-4-20
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

Here is the offset sensors, could this cause a problem?
IMG_6254.JPG
IMG_6256.JPG
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When you try to calibrate the sensors in the Assistant 2 software, do you use a single monitor or dual monitor set up? Have you tried adjusting the resolution of your screen or a different computer?
2017-4-20
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

I have never tried using assistant 2 I just tried calibrating through the go app, does it have to be done through assistant 2 ?
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans675171a0 Posted at 2017-4-20 22:40
I have never tried using assistant 2 I just tried calibrating through the go app, does it have to be done through assistant 2 ?

For the OA and the VPS, calibration would be done via the Assistant 2. If the issue persists, however, then you would need to send the unit in for service.
2017-4-21
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

Ok I will try it... thank you
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans675171a0 Posted at 2017-4-21 08:09
Ok I will try it... thank you

Please keep me posted on how it went.
2017-4-21
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

I can't get it to connect to dji assistant... have the current version for p4p, tried several cables battery and controller fully charged
2017-4-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The P4P with OA on is really difficult to crash. Please share how you do it?

Calibration must be done 'cold' (immediately after start up) and on a flat, firm surface, and you have to use the App..
2017-4-21
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure how I do it, as I said the first time it crashed it took off on its own, every other time I crashed it the screen showed that it was close to an object it just wouldn't stop flying toward it, it has hovered slowly into my house one and a building once and the last time I tried to stop it but I panicked and the drone was backwards and I hit the wrong direction on the controller and smacked it hard all in p mode
2017-4-21
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

When I fly it in my house it seems to work fine cause it won't let it get close to the walls so I'm not sure what's up
2017-4-21
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

Ok since my drone will not connect to dji assistant so I can calibrate it could someone just answer a couple questions and maybe I can fix it, is there 2 compasses because it says compass 2 is disconnected... also in the picture of the obstacle bars that show distance for the rear sensors are gray, for the front sensors are colored but if I hold my finger over the front sensors the bars also turn gray so does this mean that the sensors are either blocked or not working at all or could it just be from needing calibrated ?
IMG_6262.JPG
IMG_6260.JPG
IMG_6261.JPG
2017-4-21
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans675171a0 Posted at 2017-4-21 21:21
Ok since my drone will not connect to dji assistant so I can calibrate it could someone just answer a couple questions and maybe I can fix it, is there 2 compasses because it says compass 2 is disconnected... also in the picture of the obstacle bars that show distance for the rear sensors are gray, for the front sensors are colored but if I hold my finger over the front sensors the bars also turn gray so does this mean that the sensors are either blocked or not working at all or could it just be from needing calibrated ?
I think you need to send it to DJI.

2017-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-4-21 21:24
I think you need to send it to DJI.

Absolutely. You have got so many screwed up things on that aircraft it is a wonder it flies at all. Send it in so it can be repaired properly.
2017-4-21
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

Actually I'm thinking it is something simple like maybe when I put it back together a plug came undone, i simply am looking for someone that can answer the questions as I am not sending it to dji, it worked when I took it apart so I obviously did something wrong putting it back together, it flies well in sport mode I had a nice tail wind a couple days ago and got it up to 57mph
2017-4-21
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans675171a0 Posted at 2017-4-21 22:20
Actually I'm thinking it is something simple like maybe when I put it back together a plug came undone, i simply am looking for someone that can answer the questions as I am not sending it to dji, it worked when I took it apart so I obviously did something wrong putting it back together, it flies well in sport mode I had a nice tail wind a couple days ago and got it up to 57mph

Well up to you really.  I am starting to enjoy reading about your lost drones crashes and broken bits and pieces all the time. Seriously I have been trying to crash my P3S so I can convince myself I need a Matrice 200. So far I have failed that mission. Oh yah, that someone you are looking for to put your drone back together properly, they are called DJI.
Maybe you can download a schematic and get some bits and pieces from the internet and DIY.
2017-4-22
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

Lol, I am clearly on the wrong forum, I realize some people can't tie their own shoe let alone fix anything but you have know idea who I am or what I am capable of, it takes a special kind of idiot to enjoy someone else losing something or breaking something so expensive when the drone failed to do what it is supposed to do, sorry I wasted your time... thanks to the ones that tried to help...
2017-4-22
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

For the ones that are curious I found the problem when I put it together somehow I pinched the compass wire and cut it in half,
IMG_6268.JPG
2017-4-22
Use props
fans675171a0
lvl.1
United States

Soldered cable back together and everything is back to normal no error messages
IMG_6272.JPG
IMG_6275.JPG
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced