Weak Video Transmission Repair Gone Wrong
1910 1 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0f254878
New
Flight distance : 1054843 ft
United States

Has anyone had an issue with a 'Weak Video Transmission' in the System Status?  The video feed is extremely delayed and cuts in and out at all distances, on the ground or in the air and in multiple areas far removed from any interference.  I received this error with our brand new Inspire 1 v2.  I purchased two additional cameras (Z3 and XT in addition to the X3 that came with it).  All cameras gave a Weak Video Transmission indication which made it nearly impossible to fly.  I called DJI Support and was told to calibrate the IMU.  When that had no effect, I was told to make sure everything (camera, remote, aircraft, DJI App) had the latest firmware or most current version.  This was also done and had no effect on the 'Weak Video Transmission' error.  I was instructed to send it in to DJI which I did under the assumption this would be covered under warranty since this happened from day 1, was not mishandled, did not crash, etc.  I received a bill for $338.00 to replace the camera main board (including two service charges).  The notes said, "Damage not caused by product malfunction", but I would beg to differ.  We certainly did not do anything to cause this malfunction as this problem began from the very first time this system was powered on.

We have two DJI aircraft, the Inspire 1 and a Phantom 3 Adv.  We have spent nearly $18,000 on DJI products (batteries, cases, camera, aircraft, remotes, and other paraphernalia) because their products are generally good.  I am a part of large and rapidly growing community of UAS users and, to this point, I have promoted DJI as our preferred vendor with over 20 difference agencies.  To be quite honest, it is not the amount of the repair, it is that the warranty does not appear to worth anything.  Since receiving the bill, I have tried repeatedly to contact DJI to dispute this issue without success.  It has now been a week of waiting for a "review" and I suspect my answer is "pay the bill".  I will pay the bill, but I will also be letting those 20+ agencies considering DJI products to reconsider.  This is incredibly unfortunate for everyone.
2017-4-20
Use props
VPD UAS
New
Flight distance : 1054843 ft
United States

Update:  DJI has reviewed the case and agreed the malfunction is covered under warranty.  It says a lot about a company that will review a decision, identify an error, and make changes.  Thank you DJI for being a company with integrity.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules