Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAA Part 107 Night Waiver Question
1150 1 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mazurlazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2303 ft
United States

Hello,

I am a part 107 certificate holder and I'm having a bit of trouble getting a clear answer about the length of a night waiver. I was under the impression that a night waiver was granted under specific circumstances for a specific amount of time. The application with the FAA reinforced this notion because it called for the exact hours of operation and even asked for longitude and latitude coordinates of where the night operation would be taking place. However, when you read some of the applications that have been granted already - https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/waivers_granted/ - it seems that these waivers last for years... How does this make sense? The essence of what I'm asking is if it's possible to have a long term license to fly at night? I work on TV and film productions so my work is never in the same place at the same time. Perhaps it's only possible to do this if you work consistently in a single area?

As a secondary question I wanted to ask if it's possible to request this authorization with a temporary certificate? Despite passing my test and receiving my temp certificate I still have not been issued a certificate number after 3 MONTHS. It says that I am legally allowed to fly and perform all related operations but I thought I'd double check.

Thank you to anyone who can give me a clear answer on this!
2017-4-20
Use props
DJISenord
lvl.1

United States

My experience is that all exemptions to Part 107 carry some type of time limit.  I received a exemption to fly above 400 feet at certain locations, but the exemption only lasts for 12 months.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules