Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD card Issue
2146 16 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

Hey everyone

I have the mavic for less than a month and my SD card appears to not be working anymore....

I managed o record and download some videos, then I recorded a few more untill the SD card was full.

I tried to download the videos again and windows wouldnt recognize the drive, it said it had to repair and fix it.

I tried using a MAC and even though the Mac recognized the driver and saw the files, it didnt allow me to copy them.

I could watch the videos only though DJI GO 4 app, streaming directly from the drone.

Anyone had issues with the SD card? Should I buy an SD card reader?

thanks!
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried reformatting the SD card from your computer or within the camera settings in the app.
2017-4-20
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

yep

formated through the camera settings. Windows doesnt recognize at all the card. When I plug the USB I get a message asking to Fix and repair the drive, right after that the SDcard folder opens. Seconds later it closes automatically and the drive disappears from windows.
2017-4-20
Use props
fans428ee8fd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 698268 ft
United States

This is only relevant thread that I could find. How can you use a USB cable to transfer photos to a Win7 PC? The drivers are not recognized. DJI said to install the DJI Assistant 2 app, but there is no place on it to transfer photos.
2017-4-20
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

Now I get a different message when I plug the drone in my USB port:

The flie explorer opens, the folder with the pics open  (but empty) then I get the message "please insert disk into E:" and it all closes, and drive E: dissapears
2017-4-21
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Is the card from a reputable dealer and not Ebay as there is a way to format cards to look like they are a higher capacity but once you go past the original capacity will fail .
2017-4-21
Use props
TullioFN
lvl.1
Brazil

the SDcard is the one that came with DJI, so I expect it to be a decent quality card.......at least I expected until now......
2017-4-21
Use props
fansaca096ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14619 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-20 12:40
Have you tried reformatting the SD card from your computer or within the camera settings in the app.

The Mac allows us to reformat any SC card by using Disk Utility.  But the DJI Mavic doesn't accept the reformatted card, and when it's inserted into the Mavic, the Controller shows that the "Card is Full".  So, you just have to reformat the SC card inside the Mavic by going to Camera Settings and reformat the SC card there.  
2017-4-24
Use props
fansaca096ad
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-20 12:40

The Mac allows us to reformat any SC card by using Disk Utility.  But the DJI Mavic doesn't accept the reformatted card, and when it's inserted into the Mavic, the Controller shows that the "Card is Full".  So, you just have to reformat the SC card inside the Mavic by going to Camera Settings and reformat the SC card there.  
2017-4-24
Use props
fansaca096ad
lvl.1
United States

2017-4-24
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

TullioFN Posted at 2017-4-21 03:51
Now I get a different message when I plug the drone in my USB port:

The flie explorer opens, the folder with the pics open  (but empty) then I get the message "please insert disk into E:" and it all closes, and drive E: dissapears

What you describe is a typical response to your SD card being defective.
As a last try, use the formatting program here:  https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Regards Leif.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansaca096ad Posted at 2017-4-24 08:21

You should be able to format from either.
2017-4-24
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-4-24 09:31
What you describe is a typical response to your SD card being defective.
As a last try, use the formatting program here:  https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I agree.  Every SD Card that I have had fail acts just like this.  It happens.

Buy Sandisk and you will usually avoid these headaches.
2017-4-24
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-24 11:40
You should be able to format from either.

Yes and no Ken. Mavic can not make a low level formatting as you can on a computer. Mavic only overwrites directory on the SD card while a low level formatting overwrites and tests every bit on the card and takes a lot of time.

Regards Leif.
2017-4-24
Use props
Theo_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168894 ft
Norway

Same issue here, from day one,  with the original (that came with the MAVIC)  SD card. Everytime when connecting the Mavic with PC  it has issues with recognising the SD card as mentioned by TullioFN. So far have been lucky that files are still there but will be out buying a couple of new SD cards  soon.
2017-4-24
Use props
eried
First Officer
Flight distance : 655830 ft
Norway

Mine does the same, I can copy the videos extracting the micro sd, but not via USB, I see 2 empty units. Any guess?
2017-8-26
Use props
eried
First Officer
Flight distance : 655830 ft
Norway

UPDATE: I tried my GF computer and it works well there. So maybe it is something with my Surface Pro 4 usb port. I am going to test using a usb HUB on monday
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules