I just lost my Mavic in a second.
9017 84 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

I figured it out!

Drone Dundee caught and released it. You got lucky m8.

2017-4-23
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

lhabdullah Posted at 2017-4-22 07:00
UPDATE

Thank you for all of your concerns. I found the drone the next day at 6am in a parking lot of a mosque. That is about 200m from the take off position. The aircraft itself suffered minor scratches under the camera and deep scratches under the rotors. However, all of the propellers are chipped and the battery also cracked. So, I have thrown those away. Obviously, it was not hit by a plane and it did not hurt anyone. It might hurt a tree on the way down because of broken branches around the landing site before it hit hard on the tar. it probably can fly again but since I have no propellers and no battery, I have no way to test it for now until I ordered a new ones.

lhabdullah,
               I don't believe this thread is still going on ----- I'm happy you gotten your Mavic back ---- You say your worried about it happening again ???? and  but this will still happen. Someday it can happen to you too regardless where you were flying it.
                Your wrong , no experienced pilot would do what you did --- Flying in a NFZ --- consider  yourself lucky  --- DONT DO IT AGAIN --- FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-4-23
Use props
lhabdullah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-4-23 05:33
I figured it out!

Drone Dundee caught and released it. You got lucky m8.

I laughed on this one. Good meme pal.
2017-4-23
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11240 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-22 07:14
I'm glad to hear that you found it and you're very welcome. I'm guessing that the mosque you mentioned was the Dundee Al Maktoum Mosque, correct? In that case it does appear likely to have been blown east by the wind.

I agree that you should be concerned about the disconnection, and I'd strongly encourage you to send the aircraft in to DJI to have them find out what happened. Not pointing your antenna directly at the Mavic could explain it if the aircraft were far away but doesn't explain why it was disconnected at that close range.

1800 feet is close? Whether distance is horizontal or vertical distance is distance
2017-4-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fanscb179702 Posted at 2017-4-29 21:50
1800 feet is close? Whether distance is horizontal or vertical distance is distance

Yes, when you're talking about an unobstructed path between a Mavic and its controller -- as was the case here -- 1800 feet is a short distance over which to maintain a connection.
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules