Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Close call - DJI GO 4?
790 4 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190207 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,
I have a Phantom 4 and made numerous flights in the past year. Tonight I took it out and my routine is to Calibrate and then set the Home Point to where I'am. Took off with no problems and flew at 400ft and around 900 meters, no disconnect issues, no interference issues, and then I hit the RTH because the battery was getting low, 50% is low to me, so was monitoring the return and was going really slow, then the battery was giving me a low warning (30% is where I set it at) so I turned off the RTH and dropped the altitude to around 200 and put the joystick to the max returning, then around 400 meters, hit the RTH button and it said it was coming back and a few seconds later it said it was landing, and on the app it said it was at 950 meters, so I cancelled the RTH and tried to get where it was at, by then the battery was critical and then it was disconnected. Thought for sure I lost it. I looked at the app to where it showed it landed and drove about 4 blocks and it landed in a field. Upright and flashing red. Talk about counting my blessings.

OK that is the story, now my question is, how do I go about getting the flight record from this flight? And how do I get the new app to load on the Phantom 4. And do you think the DJI GO 4 app had anything to do with it? Last week when I took it out, my iphone said I needed to install it and I did and had no problems on the 1st flight.  

Counting my blessings....

Micky
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Micky, you can sync the flight records through your DJI GO APP firstly, and export the flight data through Assistant 2 (connect your aircraft to the PC with Assistant 2 installed), upload the data to Dropbox, then send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com with the information including the exact time it happened and your APP account (e-mail address). Our support will transfer your data to the data analysis engineers for reviewing.
2017-4-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

From your description, it sounds like it was a bit too windy.  But you haven't given us any times so maybe it was another problem.  Did you start off on a full battery?

Note, it is recommended that you don't calibrate every flight, only if there is a problem or maybe once a year.  That wont have had much to do with the issue though.

If you want another opinion in addition to DJI's then you could upload your phone logs to: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/ and give us a link...

2017-4-21
Use props
fans0e2c5434
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190207 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-21 01:16
Micky, you can sync the flight records through your DJI GO APP firstly, and export the flight data through Assistant 2 (connect your aircraft to the PC with Assistant 2 installed), upload the data to Dropbox, then send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com with the information including the exact time it happened and your APP account (e-mail address). Our support will transfer your data to the data analysis engineers for reviewing.

Natalia,
Thank you. I sent the info.
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans0e2c5434 Posted at 2017-4-21 16:00
Natalia,
Thank you. I sent the info.

Good to hear. You should expect to receive further communication from them soon.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules