Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
gs_ofdm.bin used to fix remotes frozen after firmware
123Next >
18110 97 2015-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I've been reading about people who have bricked remotes bringing them back to life by using a special gs_ofdm.bin file in place of the regular firmware.
Unfortunately they never go onto where this elusive file is or how to use it.

Anyone been through the process and can offer some advice?

One of my remotes bricked during the upgrade but my other is working fine so I have made it master for the moment.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Jim
2015-3-3
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Start looking here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... amp;postcount=20772
2015-3-3
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

Thanks TJ, any other been through this process?
2015-3-3
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-4 05:16
Thanks TJ, any other been through this process?

I think if you read the postings over on RCG, you'll find that it is happening...
How frequently, I'm not sure.
The forums are usually full of the problem cases.
The successful, unproblematic stuff usually stays off the radar...
2015-3-3
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

So it seems like there is a test to know if your remote is bricked or recoverable via the magic firmware.

If you connect to your IOS/Android (remote on but bird off) you will either get DISCONNECTED or NO SIGNAL in the status.  

NO SIGNAL means your remote is still alive and the ODFM file might work, but DISCONNECTED means it's bricked and probably needs to go back to DJI.

Unfortunately mine comes up as DISCONNECTED so I might be out of luck.   Good thing I have two remotes so at least can keep flying while it's being resolved!

Thoughts or additional information anyone?
2015-3-3
Use props
tyshearman
lvl.1

United States

IDK if you tried this or not, I had a problem updating one of my remotes and after the 1st attempt it would not update at all.  I luckily found 2 text files on the usb I have been using.  I opened one and it said upgrade error delete this file.  I deleted it and the remote when through the update process successfully.  Might check your USB or micro sd to see if there are any text files and delete them.  it also puts a file on there is the upgrade is successful
2015-3-3
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

tyshearman Posted at 2015-3-4 07:02
IDK if you tried this or not, I had a problem updating one of my remotes and after the 1st attempt i ...

Yeah, been very diligent about deleting the txt file between attempts.   Spoke to DJI support online and they talked me through some stuff but ended up saying I need to make a formal report.
2015-3-3
Use props
DVPLLC

United States

Jim.  We were given that file by DJI tech in the chat support that pops up when you enter the inspire page on DJI.com   I would ask them from it..  If you email us at dronevideoproductions@unseen.is, we can forward it to you.

DroneVideo.Productions
2015-3-3
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

DVPLLC Posted at 2015-3-4 08:32
Jim.  We were given that file by DJI tech in the chat support that pops up when you enter the inspir ...

Emailed, thanks!
2015-3-3
Use props
magaspen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200279 ft
United States

i was given this file by dji via the chat support because one RC upgraded fine and the other just had a light green light LED and the upgrade failed.  the chat tech sent me the file and it upgraded the failed RC within a couple of minutes

2015-3-3
Use props
DVPLLC

United States

Your welcome Jim.  Did it help at all?

Drone Video Productions
2015-3-5
Use props
Thranth
lvl.1

Canada

Not sure if this helps but of the 2 inspires I got today, one connected and one would not. The one that wouldn't was trying to connect to my Samsung s5 4.4.2. The one that would connect was to my friends iPhone.  After panicking for about an hour we tried his I phone on the one that one that showed disconnected.
Worked perfectly.
Just putting it out there that just because it says disconnected might not mean your hooped.
2015-3-5
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

DVPLLC Posted at 2015-3-6 07:51
Your welcome Jim.  Did it help at all?

Thanks for the file!   Unfortunately didn't fix it but at least demonstrated that it definitely needs to go back.   The good news is it's a second remote so I can keep flying.
2015-3-5
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

Thranth Posted at 2015-3-6 10:24
Not sure if this helps but of the 2 inspires I got today, one connected and one would not. The one t ...

Thanks for the info.  I'm using the same iPhone to test both remotes so it isn't that, but appreciate the tip, every bit on info helps!
2015-3-5
Use props
Thranth
lvl.1

Canada

Oh man that stinks for you. Sorry to hear that. For me it's something to do with debugging with the Android phones. Can't connect with either my wife's or mine phones but her samsung tablet works no problem.
2015-3-5
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

Thranth Posted at 2015-3-6 12:49
Oh man that stinks for you. Sorry to hear that. For me it's something to do with debugging with the  ...

It's not too bad.  I'm very confident DJI will replace/repair it for free under warranty and in the meantime I'll keep flying with my second remote.  All good!
2015-3-6
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Hi Jim, can you email that binfile to me ?
dundee-thailand@hotmail.com
Thanks.
2015-3-6
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

dundee Posted at 2015-3-6 17:07

Thanks.

Yep, should be there.
2015-3-6
Use props
piertex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370282 ft
Italy

JIMHARE  sorry, can you send the file?..i have the same problem ..-((( BRICK O NO BRICK THIS IS THE PROBLEm? -))))Thank you

piertex@gmail.com
2015-3-6
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

piertex@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-6 18:16
JIMHARE  sorry, can you send the file?..i have the same problem ..-((( BRICK O NO BRICK THIS IS THE  ...

File Sent!
2015-3-6
Use props
piertex
lvl.4
Italy

Thank you !!! JIM...
2015-3-6
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

dundee Posted at 2015-3-6 17:07

Thanks.

Thanks for the bin file.
That was fast.
2015-3-6
Use props
piertex
lvl.4
Italy

:@:@:@--Nothing with bin file.Put usbadapter but solid red and do not go.i have the DISCONNECTED..IN APP..so i think  BRICK...
2015-3-6
Use props
CrabHawk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

piertex@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-6 18:44
--Nothing with bin file.Put usbadapter but solid red and do not go.i have the DISCONNECTED..IN ...

Sorry you have such problem my friend.{:3_58:}
2015-3-6
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

piertex@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-6 18:44
--Nothing with bin file.Put usbadapter but solid red and do not go.i have the DISCONNECTED..IN ...

Sorry to hear.  Mine too.  
2015-3-6
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Mine will run the voodoo file and it goes through all the colours then goes silent just as it should? I pull the stick and check it (success) but go on to the update and still I get red light and four white until the 10 minute time out beeps?
2015-3-7
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

so i just connected my rc to the app after yet another unsuccessful attempt at a firmware upgrade. I can change between Master and Slave with the corresponding light colour change. So I'm just wondering if there is something I'm missing on the file transferring process or the steps of installation. I cant for the life of me think Ive missed something but who knows?
2015-3-7
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

Have you connected the RC to the Inspire via USB?    Support got me to try that but didn't help anything.   MIght be worth a shot in case it can shock it back to life.

So on the remote when connected to the app does it say DISCONNECTED or NO SIGNAL?
2015-3-7
Use props
dundee
Captain

Thailand

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-8 12:11
Have you connected the RC to the Inspire via USB?    Support got me to try that but didn't help anyt ...

Hi Jim, well what can i say on this.
In the .17 version, the app (IOS 1.0.2) show a 'no signal' but all works.
It only shows 'no signal' if yr gimble/camera is not connected
2015-3-7
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-8 12:11
Have you connected the RC to the Inspire via USB?    Support got me to try that but didn't help anyt ...

Yes  I've tried the gimbal to tx thing with no success. I do get success with the voodoo file!  the app says No signal when the tx is turned on and no connection with it off.
2015-3-7
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

just checked the gs-ofdm bin text and it says ( success ) so that seems positive I think? Now to successfully load the .17 but I'll wait until Dundee chimes in
2015-3-7
Use props
stuzphotos
lvl.1

United States

DVPLLC Posted at 2015-3-4 08:32
Jim.  We were given that file by DJI tech in the chat support that pops up when you enter the inspir ...

Can you please send me the file I have a remote that says no signal but non responsive to upgrade on thumb drive or SD in aircraft
2015-3-8
Use props
stoneyphil

United Kingdom

RE: gs_ofdm.bin used to fix remotes frozen after firmware

Jim, please see attached photo script I got from them, it's at the bottom of this topic
2015-3-8
Use props
stoneyphil

United Kingdom

GS_OFDM.bin instructions, I got from DJI Support[attachimg]
TX fix for FW 17.png
2015-3-8
Use props
mark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176053 ft
United Kingdom

Try using a proper usb drive rather than an adaptor with a sd in it.
2015-3-8
Use props
shawnpete76
lvl.3

United States

I think the trick is to make sure the remote is turned on before you insert the usb stick into the remote.  
2015-3-8
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

Mine just doesn't respond to the GS_ODFM.bin file...   Tried everything, USB stick, original SD in adapter, turning the remote on first, inserting the USB first, leaving it until it on for an extended time.

The red light just remains and shows no sign that it even acknowledges the firmware.    I'm pretty convinced mine is beyond a simple remedy.
2015-3-8
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

stoneyphil Posted at 2015-3-9 02:31
GS_OFDM.bin instructions, I got from DJI Support[attachimg]

Thanks for that!   Still no luck unfortunately.   
2015-3-8
Use props
wesdorman
lvl.1

United States

My issues with the remote not seeing the update file has been the formatting of the USB stick.  If you haven't reformatted your USB stick, do it and make sure you specify (if on a mac....) MS-DOS (fat).  this solved my problem immediately.
2015-3-8
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Australia

wesdorman@gmail Posted at 2015-3-9 07:28
My issues with the remote not seeing the update file has been the formatting of the USB stick.  If y ...

Thanks, all advice is greatly appreciated in case something works!

Yeah, thought of that.   Have tried both MS-DOS FAT and even Ex-Fat but the main evidence was it didn't accept the micro SD in an adapter that was formatted in the Inspire itself, which should have worked as well.   

In fact the micro-SD in an adapter DID work in my second remote.   Just a fluke with the first me thinks, but enough to mess it up good.
2015-3-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules