How to build delivery drone with 40km -50 km range of flight.
2890 2 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New

Bulgaria

Hi there,

I would like to ask if there are some guys ho build and upgrade their own drones.

I need to make a drone that can fly upto 20-25km with 10 kg. payload, stay flying on the air upto 3 min and then get the way back those 20-25km with no payload on it.
The idea is to build a delivery drone that can cover a city with 25km radius like the amazon drones.

Is this possible with some of the DJI systems and how in general.

Thnaks!
2017-4-21
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

A drone capable of doing this is almost certainly a fixed wing aircraft, possibly a VTOL-hybrid. I doubt that, with current battery technology, you'd be able to get performance like this without relying on aerodynamic lift by wing, instead of propeller.

For a range like this, especially in or near cities, I think your best bet will be pre-programming waypoints and/or control via cellular network. I'm not too familiar with radio bands below 2.4GHz, so I'm not sure what kind of range is possible using UHF frequencies (near 433MHz). I just know that you'll be hard-pressed to get a 2.4GHz radio to pierce through 25km.

Hope this helps.
2017-4-21
Use props
Impulze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49774 ft
Sweden

3x3q Posted at 2017-4-21 17:27
A drone capable of doing this is almost certainly a fixed wing aircraft, possibly a VTOL-hybrid. I doubt that, with current battery technology, you'd be able to get performance like this without relying on aerodynamic lift by wing, instead of propeller.

For a range like this, especially in or near cities, I think your best bet will be pre-programming waypoints and/or control via cellular network. I'm not too familiar with radio bands below 2.4GHz, so I'm not sure what kind of range is possible using UHF frequencies (near 433MHz). I just know that you'll be hard-pressed to get a 2.4GHz radio to pierce through 25km.

UHF 433Mhz (Dragonlink , TSLRS) its no problem with those distances.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules