Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung S8/S8+
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spyder3534
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

Anyone had good or bad experiences flying with the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+?  I need a new phone but I'm nervous to get the new S8 because I've seens some issues with the S7 edge (and other samsung phones) on the forums.   
2017-4-21
Use props
PSullivan4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23556 ft
United States

Not sure how much help this is because I  just recieved the S8 a couple days ago and only flew my P3S once, yesterday. At first, I didn't notice any issue but at the end I lost video link.  I'm not sure if that's the S8 or just something to do with video mode. I've experienced the same video link issue while using Lenovo yoga tablet 2-830f. It happens when running video record, when using the Lenovo the video feed freezes. However, this time the DJI Go app just went to the intro page of the app.
2017-4-25
Use props
PSullivan4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23556 ft
United States

Not sure how much help this is because I just recieved the S8 a couple days ago and only flew my P3S once with the S8. At first, I didn't notice any issue but at the end I lost video link.  I'm not sure if that's the S8 or just something to do with video mode. I've experienced the same video link issue while using Lenovo yoga tablet 2-830f. It happens when running video record, when using the Lenovo the video feed freezes. However, this time the DJI Go app just went to the intro page of the app.
2017-4-25
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.4
United States

I went to the At&t store and downloaded the DJI Go 4 app on the floor model S8 and it ran with no problem, didn't connect to my drone though.  I saw one post about the app crashing on the S8 so I'm going to wait till some more info becomes available.  
2017-4-26
Use props
TobiasB
New
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Netherlands

App crashes on the S8. Waiting FOR an update from DJI. Intik then I can't fly. Send DJI a request to fix it, but no answer.
2017-4-28
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.4
United States

That's what I was afraid of, thanks for posting.
2017-4-28
Use props
Loonie01
Flight distance : 353776 ft
United States

Same here on S8+. 3.1.5 App is not working with this screen size but 3.1.4 does work.
2017-5-3
Use props
Rsthelen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31726 ft
United States

I have the Samsung 8 + (Sprint) and it works PERFECT!!!  I have never had any problems with it at all.
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules